Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting Daryl Macon quote

Started by Hawg Red, February 19, 2017, 11:00:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

From last night's postgame press conference:

https://twitter.com/raznation/status/833126491361800192

If these newcomers are just now buying in and that has been a part of the problem, and the top holdovers from last year (Dusty and Moses) have gotten back to their old selves, AND the coach is also making adjustments on his part.....what is this team capable of?

bythelake

hogwood

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 19, 2017, 11:00:59 am

If these newcomers are just now buying in and that has been a part of the problem, and the top holdovers from last year (Dusty and Moses) have gotten back to their old selves, AND the coach is also making adjustments on his part.....what is this team capable of?

They can tear it up. I won't go as far as a prediction, but given the right seeding we could go far.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogwood on February 19, 2017, 06:18:39 pm
They can tear it up. I won't go as far as a prediction, but given the right seeding we could go far.

I posted in the offseason that this team could be a possible Sweet 16 teams. Many bumps in the road later and I still think that is possible. Of course, it all depends on matchups. We still have some work to do to get there, but they look to be playing up to their potential right now.

PORKULATOR

They're tearing it up. Hope it's true they're just learning to play as a team and get the coaching.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

BrooklynRoss

Man, if we're just starting to gel now? We're about to get scary.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

HoopS

This is almost always the case with jucos.

onebadrubi

RD of 32 probably at best.

elksnort

Let's actually make it into the tournament and see what happens

GuvHog

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on February 19, 2017, 07:53:14 pm
Man, if we're just starting to gel now? We're about to get scary.

I certainly hope so. That would be something to behold!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HoopS on February 19, 2017, 08:01:33 pm
This is almost always the case with jucos.
A lot of people don't understand this one simple thing. I've been saying it all year. When they figure it out all the way then we will start being consistent. Hopefully we have gotten pass that learning curve.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: elksnort on February 19, 2017, 08:28:50 pm
Let's actually make it into the tournament and see what happens
Yep, once we get there and the brackets come out then we can start making our predictions. With that being said this team easily has the talent to win two NCAA tournament games if they can put it all together. I love how Barford has the ability to hang in the air just long enough to draw the contact and complete those 3 point plays.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Rbill

That is incredibly interesting, but it's only surprising in the sense that I'm shocked he actually said it openly. Of course it goes without saying that "I'm buying into the coaching and system now" only exists if he was not buying in before. That could only have been very bad for the team in multiple ways. Good job on Mike getting his message across and getting this team together just in time.

biglewhog77

Like Mike said these guys are JUCO all americans and they just catching up to the speed of D1

Potosihog

I must admit the chemistry between players looks better the last few games.  Before people say "it's because we are winning" I would say that is not it.  We were winning before and the chemistry was bad.  Now the play is unselfish and the interactions from player to player appears comfortable.  Could be a strong finish!!

Razorod

Quote from: Potosihog on February 20, 2017, 01:15:04 am
Could be a strong finish!!
That would be nice for a change. I'm hoping for 3-1 or 4-0 to finish out the regular season.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

elksnort

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 19, 2017, 08:41:40 pm
Yep, once we get there and the brackets come out then we can start making our predictions. With that being said this team easily has the talent to win two NCAA tournament games if they can put it all together. I love how Barford has the ability to hang in the air just long enough to draw the contact and complete those 3 point plays.
It seems like teams with excellent guard play do well in the tournament. Our guards are very good at times.

Dirty

The one play where Anton passed the ball behind his back to Dusty and it made its way back to Anton in the corner for a three.  Even though he missed the shot it touched every player on the court.  I have seen more unselfishness the last two games.

rwspear

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 19, 2017, 08:06:32 pm
RD of 32 probably at best.

at best? have you ever watched college basketball?

onebadrubi

Quote from: rwspear on February 20, 2017, 11:18:10 am
at best? have you ever watched college basketball?

Nah, mainly stick to underwater basket weaving.  Have you ever watched an NCAA tournament?  We are destine to be playing a top 2-3 seed come RD of 32 IF we get that far. 

Also, those who are saying Juco's take time, of course they do.  Everyone knows this and it's nothing new at Arkansas or anywhere else.  The reason this year is solely relying on top JUCO's is because of Mike's gap in recruiting.  Back to, the blame is to be laid solely at Mike's feet. 

HoopS

lol. Internet mad guys are so funny.

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

Hawgball94

Quote from: Potosihog on February 20, 2017, 01:15:04 am
I must admit the chemistry between players looks better the last few games.  Before people say "it's because we are winning" I would say that is not it.  We were winning before and the chemistry was bad.  Now the play is unselfish and the interactions from player to player appears comfortable.  Could be a strong finish!!

I agree completely! A buddy and I were just talking about this the other day. I give Mike all the credit for switching to the zone but something has happened in the past few games where the players actually look like they enjoy playing with one another. I had honestly thought that Mike had lost the locker room earlier in the year. The player's body language was always negative. The only communication they seemed to have with one another was when they were shaking their head at each other or arguing over who missed the assignment on defense. I've seen the past few games they are helping each other up off the floor, giving each other high fives, and encouraging one another. I may be way off. I know winning cures a lot, but I think the players are just finally coming together as a TEAM!