Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8-2 record

Started by Sigepgator702, February 18, 2017, 09:50:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigepgator702

Hogs are 8-2 in last 10 SEC games.  I have been undecided about our future with Mike, but that's a great record!  The awful week vs Mizzou and Vandy had me on the fire fence, but hopefully the team has learned from those unexplainable losses.  I cheer for Mike to succeed, but he needs to make the big dance for me to be back in his corner.  It looks like this team has figured it out and I'm hopeful that they will take us back to the dance; where we should be 75% of the time.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on February 18, 2017, 09:50:13 pm
Hogs are 8-2 in last 10 SEC games.  I have been undecided about our future with Mike, but that's a great record!  The awful week vs Mizzou and Vandy had me on the fire fence, but hopefully the team has learned from those unexplainable losses.  I cheer for Mike to succeed, but he needs to make the big dance for me to be back in his corner.  It looks like this team has figured it out and I'm hopeful that they will take us back to the dance; where we should be 75% of the time.
Should be 10-0 to be honest but like I always say, your not going to win them all unless your the UConn ladies. You win some and you lose some even if the losses are head scratchers... :-\
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HawgnCorona

We had some roller coaster rides under Nolan as well as, some ugly games, head scratchers...No different in that sense, we even had a bunch of doubting Thomas's for FANS, just like now. Did it hurt then, yes. Does it hurt now, yes. But we GOT 4 Final Fours, 1 runner up to Nat'l Champion, 1Nat'l Championship...Lesson learned. Like Nolan so like Mike. You gotta love Hawgball...

The Good and the Bad.

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HawgnCorona on February 18, 2017, 10:04:39 pm
We had some roller coaster rides under Nolan as well as, some ugly games, head scratchers...No different in that sense, we even had a bunch of doubting Thomas's for FANS, just like now. Did it hurt then, yes. Does it hurt now, yes. But we GOT 4 Final Fours, 1 runner up to Nat'l Champion, 1Nat'l Championship...Lesson learned. Like Nolan so like Mike. You gotta love Hawgball...

The Good and the Bad.
+1, That's why I always try to stay positive no matter what.

Pig in the Pokey

people forget how new all these dudes are playing together. Chemistry and role finding takes time. Then you have to get hot as well. the guys are in their groove, now.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

biglewhog77

Mike a great coach you just have to give it time

mook

I think Nolan only gave us 3 Final Fours? Mayberry, Day and Miller went 1 and a couple of Elite Eights I believe.

WorfHog

Great record if Mizzou and Vandy were even threats to make the NCAA tourny. Keep winning is Mike's last and greatest hope.

That said the teams looking really good in the last two games. Maybe Vandy and Mizzou were flukes.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 18, 2017, 11:28:09 pm
people forget how new all these dudes are playing together. Chemistry and role finding takes time. Then you have to get hot as well. the guys are in their groove, now.
Especially when you have 9 players playing their first season for Arkansas.

Freshmen- 5- Bailey, Jones, Hazen, Holmes, and Glasper (redshirting)
JUCO transfers- 3- Barford, Macon, Cook
D1 transfers- 1- Thomas

Dropkick

The Good and the Bad.

We are on a roll and I love it but please don't compare MA to Nolan.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Dropkick on February 19, 2017, 08:00:41 pm
We are on a roll and I love it but please don't compare MA to Nolan.
No comparison. Still has a lot of winning to do before we can really make that comparison... :razorback:

latrops

The Good and the Bad.

Nolan had proven to us that a bad game here and there wasn't the end of the world because he consistently got to the NCAAT and put together several tournament runs in his time.  Mike may have done some nice things elsewhere, but he hasn't yet proven to Razorback fans that the occasionally ugly basketball is of no concern by consistently getting to the NCAAT and mixing in some success when it really matters.

Hopefully this is the year. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: latrops on February 19, 2017, 08:40:11 pm
Nolan had proven to us that a bad game here and there wasn't the end of the world because he consistently got to the NCAAT and put together several tournament runs in his time.  Mike may have done some nice things elsewhere, but he hasn't yet proven to Razorback fans that the occasionally ugly basketball is of no concern by consistently getting to the NCAAT and mixing in some success when it really matters.

Hopefully this is the year. 

Mike might have had a run, had he had the players Nolan had. 

Qualls and Portis were two of the three he needed like Day, Mayberry, and Miller, but then they both left a year too soon.

Mike needs 2 or 3 stars that will stay 3+ years.

They may be in the pipeline, but time will tell.

HawgnCorona

It is Hawgball, that is the point...not necessarily a comparison of Nolan and Mike. But Mike is Nolan's protege, yes? With the exception of court demeanor and temperament...

Also, a bad game here and there brought out as well his share fans who didnt like it. What you cant compare is the support Nolan had and the support Mike gets from there respective AD. But please I dont want get into that stuff. Just pointing it out.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

HawgnCorona

Quote from: hog.goblin on February 19, 2017, 08:59:37 pm
Mike might have had a run, had he had the players Nolan had. 

Qualls and Portis were two of the three he needed like Day, Mayberry, and Miller, but then they both left a year too soon.

Mike needs 2 or 3 stars that will stay 3+ years.

They may be in the pipeline, but time will tell.

Yep...Get the right players who buy into the system the result could be very similar...