Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs -5 vs OM

Started by widespreadsooie, February 17, 2017, 09:05:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

widespreadsooie

Who you got and why?

I see a close a game coming off a big win and OM has been silently playing good ball. Would probably to take the Bears +5. I expect a game that comes down to the final couple minutes.

Raymond Zorback

I think the team has their confidence back, and the fans have their confidence in the team back.  Gonna be a packed house, Hogs roll by 12+.
You can call me Ray.

lunchbox72703

I predict one will win...one will fall.  As such is the circle of life.

King Kong

Ole Piss is a solid team. They can also score the ball as good as anyone in the SEC.

We need our D, the crowd and the players to be on point

McKdaddy

Hogs -6 on my preferred site. I want some action but will stay away from this one.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

lutherheggs

Quote from: Raymond Zorback on February 17, 2017, 09:56:01 pm
I think the team has their confidence back, and the fans have their confidence in the team back.  Gonna be a packed house, Hogs roll by 12+.
The team has never had confidence. It reminds me of Nutt-led teams: one game they play lights out and very next game, they can't do anything. If I were a wagering man, I would take Ole Miss and the 5 points, especially since I think Ole Miss will win by 10 anyway. This board will be right back where it was on Anderson before the previous 2 games.

I will say this for Mike: He has accomplished quite a feat in figuring out how to dominate in conference play on the road and go .500 at home in conference play. Again, that is a Nutt-esque accomplishment. His players seem anxious at home and more relaxed away from it.

Kennedy is 5-1 vs Ark AT Ark. I do not see him losing this game to Anderson. He will be 6-1 after today vs Ark AT Ark.

lynbug

So goes Saiz (spelling?) so goes the Rebels.

Atlhogfan1

Hogs will cover.  Attendance will be twice what it was for our last home game and no booing.   Makes sense. Fan base matches the team in its consistency. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 18, 2017, 10:03:58 am
Hogs will cover.  Attendance will be twice what it was for our last home game and no booing.   Makes sense. Fan base matches the team in its consistency. 

I agree. When the Bud is kicking, you need to be an elite team to overcome that. Florida was an elite team that was good enough to overcome the crowd.
Ole Miss is good, but not Florida good.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 18, 2017, 10:06:03 am
I agree. When the Bud is kicking, you need to be an elite team to overcome that. Florida was an elite team that was good enough to overcome the crowd.
Ole Miss is good, but not Florida good.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of winning the fan base back and BWA returning to being a home court atmosphere advantage.  Watching Phog Allen Monday night for the last 2 min and OT was a reminder of what our crowd intimidation and motivation was.  Got to win back the trust of the fans. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

code red

I see a blowout.  CA will keep zoning it up and winning on the garbage with Thompson and Kingsly.  The only way this is close is if the zebra's get involved.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

raz1965

Ole Miss has very good players that can beat any body if they put it all together, almost got Baylor in the big 12 challenge. I sure hope Arkansas can pull this win off , it would be a quality win for sure. I am amazed that Ole Miss has many losses with the talent they have. Arkansas must shoot well and cover the three point line and hope Ole Miss don't hit every thing they throw up. The difference in the game may well be the crowd at the bud, hope its a big turn out.

BigSexyHog

I think this is a good play at -5.5
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Raymond Zorback

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 18, 2017, 07:52:16 am
The team has never had confidence. It reminds me of Nutt-led teams: one game they play lights out and very next game, they can't do anything. If I were a wagering man, I would take Ole Miss and the 5 points, especially since I think Ole Miss will win by 10 anyway. This board will be right back where it was on Anderson before the previous 2 games.

I will say this for Mike: He has accomplished quite a feat in figuring out how to dominate in conference play on the road and go .500 at home in conference play. Again, that is a Nutt-esque accomplishment. His players seem anxious at home and more relaxed away from it.

Kennedy is 5-1 vs Ark AT Ark. I do not see him losing this game to Anderson. He will be 6-1 after today vs Ark AT Ark.

Saving this so you don't delete it later. 
You can call me Ray.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on February 18, 2017, 04:05:33 am
I predict one will win...one will fall.  As such is the circle of life.

You sir wise and my hero!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 18, 2017, 07:52:16 aml players seem anxious at home and more relaxed away from it.

I wonder why is this?????
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

lynbug

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 18, 2017, 11:59:59 am
I wonder why is this?????
Pressure is greater at home....they're EXPECTED to win.  The pressure is down to at least 50-50 on the road.  Well I got news for them....the pressure will be close to 100% the rest of the way.....IF they want to dance.

TheEnemy

The open 3's scare me.

We gave S.C. a bunch of wide open 3s that they could not hit.

Also, we had a very good night shooting against S.C., but we got to do a better job of passing the ball into the paint. 

We can't just rely on us getting hot shooting and the opponent struggling with their shots.

hawgmasta

I would take Ole miss at +5 but think the hogs win outright by two or three.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Raymond Zorback on February 17, 2017, 09:56:01 pm

YOU CALLED IT!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Raymond Zorback

Woo Pig!  Had a feeling about the game tonight.
You can call me Ray.

SPAL

WSPHOG

Wrong again

MrKnowItAll

lutherheggs

Quote from: MrKnowItAll on February 19, 2017, 07:58:26 am

Love that video. That is Nutt in a nutshell.

Hogs have proved to be mentally stronger than I thought. 4 games left. If they lose 2 of them, they'll finish 22-9. Not sure that will get them into the NCAAT. Probably will need to win 2 in SECT to get in to NCAAT after finished 2-2 in last 4 games of regular season.