Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you believe now?

Started by Letsroll1200, February 15, 2017, 07:43:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 16, 2017, 09:10:18 am
FYI, Anderson himself said he did not have the players prepared in those losses. So, I'm going off that. I get what you are saying and I know he isn't responsible for everything they do, but again, if we're to believe the man is a good coach, we need to see good coaching and we have not many times during his tenure. You aren't going to talk me out of that. That's all I'm saying. If you want to start a discussion about the players, we can do that. But I'm going to go into all my gripes about them when I'm just talking about Anderson.
Coach speak my friend. A stand up coach will never put all the blame on the players. They rarely say what they're really thinking. It's called keeping the pressure off his players and keeping the pressure on him. I guarantee you he puts the pressure on them behind closed doors or in practice. That's what good coaches do.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 16, 2017, 09:13:08 am
We were a strong 8/9 seed less than a month ago before those bewildering losses. We largely controlled our own destiny and we gave back that control in frustrating fashion. We were playing up to what everyone expected in Year 6. Whether or not we were a media-projected "lock," the universal expectation among the fanbase was that we should be able to make the tournament this year. No?
Every fan base thinks their team is good enough to make the tournament or would like to think that anyways.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: code red on February 16, 2017, 11:27:27 am
Not a troll a realist.  Mikes style doesn't work.  Is zoning up Mikes style?  Funny how he has started playing zone????  Huh.  It will be more of the same...stay tuned.
Good think he can change for the good of the team... ;)

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on February 16, 2017, 11:36:04 am
I look at Mike's tenure in total, and I still see them losing games the same way in yr 6 as in yr one. As for this year Mike pretty much said he did not have them ready for Okie St, and made some of the same type comments after Mizzu.

Whats bad about this season is that a team that wins 5 ( maybe ends up being more ) conf games on the road in a p5 league, should not be sitting as a projected 10 seed, where another bad loss could knock them out of the ncaat. A team with those wins should be playing for a 5 or 6 seed at worst.
A good craftsman never blames his tools. Coach speak is all that was. He's not going to throw his players under the bus. How would his players continue to trust him and play for him if he did that?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on February 16, 2017, 12:11:10 pm
Don't care about Frank.  I care about Mike & the Hogs.  And Mike has been having most of these issues for 6 years here and more at Mizzou, etc...  His teams are poor rebounders and have poor fundamentals.  He prefers and plays an uptempo "street" style game.  So poor fundamentals are accepted by him.  Teams that are consistent and execute will always beat us.  We will win the occasional game we shouldn't when we match up well against someone that is ranked, etc.., but more often than not we will continue to be inconsistent. 

No, Frank isn't the only coach to have trouble with getting max effort out of kids, but unlike Mike, when other coaches get that from their kids, they don't accept it.  For example, and I HATE saying this, but the other day Kentucky won but not by much...Cal wasn't happy with their defensive effort, so what did he do? He practiced them for 3 hours the next day with 90% being defensive based.  Said nobody puked but they were close. 

Mike needs to make some of these kids puke if they aren't giving max effort.  Nolan would run them around the concourse at BWA till they puked.  Up the hill.  Etc...  Mike makes excuses for them.  He doesn't have Nolan's fire.  Kids aren't scared of him.  Therefore they will get away with poor effort.  And they know that Mike's seat is a little warm and he needs them to win, that gives them leverage, and trust me, they will use it to their advantage... kids are kids.  It's Mike's job to get the most out of them at all times and he's paid very handsomely for it.  If he's not up to the challenge, then move along.
Are you at the Hogs practices or something? Do you really think Mike doesn't hold these players accountable and work the hell out of them in practice? He has said it plenty of times after a win or a loss that his players would not like him in the next practice. He might not say everything he does publically but no doubt his players catch hell in practice. A little bit more after a loss. Just because Mike doesn't talk as much noise publically as Cal doesn't mean he isn't doing as much privately.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 16, 2017, 12:59:37 pm
Talk is cheap, show me where I cherry pick anything.
Look all over jump ball and Monday morning QB. You use certain numbers to make Anderson look bad and you use certain numbers to make Bielema look good. Tournament appearances as an excuse to fire Anderson. The fact that he wins almost twice as much as he loses means nothing. Lack of recruiting and playing in the SEC as an excuse to not even criticize or fire Bielema. And that's just a start.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 16, 2017, 01:01:43 pm
There are several players not on your list that either decided to transfer or not remain committed here.  Those still count...

Marshawn Powell,  Rotnei Clarke , Glenn Bryant, Marvell Waithe, Michael Sanchez and Mardracus Wade were a solid, but not great foundation for him to build on and B.J. Young, Rashad Madden, Hunter Mickelson and Devonta Abron is a class we were all excited about.  NOBODY complained about this class when it was signed.  Were they overrated or inadequately developed?  Likely a combo of both.

2011 class #7 overall, gave us B.J. Young, Rashad Madden, Hunter Mickelson, and Devonta Abron
http://247sports.com/Season/2011-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings

2010 was crap and only gave us Rickey Scott

2009 class #31 overall, gave us Marshawn Powell and Glenn Bryant
http://247sports.com/Season/2009-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings

2008 class #21 overall, gave us Rotnei Clarke
http://247sports.com/Season/2008-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings
Did you not pay attention to the whole post?

1. Clarke left before giving Anderson a chance. Hello, he was not a returning player.
2. Did I not say those freshmen were exactly that, freshmen. Were they supposed to be world beaters for Mike in his first year?
3. Abron left after one year. Not much time for Anderson do develop him.
4. Looks like Mickelson may have been overrated. He left Arkansas after two years then he redshirted and still could barely see the court at Kansas.
5. Clarke was pretty good but he left before having a chance to play for Anderson. So he is irrelevant to this convo.
6. Young was pretty good but he wasn't a consistent shooter and he left early.
7. Madden was solid all the way around but there was nothing he did exceptional. Pretty good mid range and spot up 3 point shooter. Wasn't the good in year one and two. You know, probably because he was a freshman.
8. Glenn Bryant...I forgot about him...What happened to him and where was he in Mike's first year? Was he a JUCO transfer when he came?

Pretty simple explanations right there. If those freshmen were 2nd or 3rd year players I might say the roster was solid.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: yocdaddy on February 16, 2017, 01:07:36 pm
South Carolina is ranked #139 in offensive efficiency.  Although I am pleased the HOGS won, I'm not sold on us being a lock.  We could still lose to Ole Miss, Auburn, Florida, and Georgia.  We must get to 23 wins to be a lock on Selection Sunday.
As of right now we are in. One game at a time.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 16, 2017, 01:22:04 pm
Well...since you brought it up.  Careful though, my antagonist does not like the bringing up of ancient history.

NCAA invites by year and total number of SEC teams that had 20+ wins vs those with less than 15 for a relative gauge on conference competition.
Pork, I'm gone be honest with you fella. I'm don't like reading charts nor do I consider myself good at it. Could you put those numbers in a different way please...lol...You know, like in a list view or something.

20gauge

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 16, 2017, 01:32:17 pm
Every fan base thinks their team is good enough to make the tournament or would like to think that anyways.
Did Hog fans think that last year, just wondering. Some fans are realistic though hopeful. Like last night. Realistically we hadn't beaten a team like that all year but I hoped we would pull it out.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 20gauge on February 16, 2017, 02:17:11 pm
Did Hog fans think that last year, just wondering. Some fans are realistic though hopeful. Like last night. Realistically we hadn't beaten a team like that all year but I hoped we would pull it out.
Can't speak for others but my expectations were pretty low last year. As a matter of fact we surpassed them.

1highhog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 16, 2017, 11:26:22 am
Be gone!!

I'm not going anywhere.  I've been around here for over ten years and a ardent Hog fan since 1968.  I've been to countless basketball games, Football games, Track & Field events, baseball games, gymnastics, softball games, volleyball tournaments over the years, that's both in the SWC and the SEC.  I know what a winning program looks like and what a good Coach is.  I did not want Mike for this job because I knew he would face what he's facing now, fans finally reaching the conclusion that he's not the answer for a Coach here and lashing out at him.  No, as I've said many times, I like Mike, I've spent several times talking with him, you won't meet a nicer guy, but he's not a great Coach.  The UofA deserves a great Coach.  Mike has had 6 years to turn this program around, which is longer than most any basket Coach gets to turn the worst programs around.  I'd like to see him just turn in his resignation at the end of the year but I know he won't, so I'd love it if he was fired so we could get the Coach this Program deserves and the fans deserve.

As far as you are concerned, go to your happy place and spend some alone time with your Avatar picture and do what it is you do...

Pork Twain

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 16, 2017, 01:55:58 pm
Look all over jump ball and Monday morning QB. You use certain numbers to make Anderson look bad and you use certain numbers to make Bielema look good. Tournament appearances as an excuse to fire Anderson. The fact that he wins almost twice as much as he loses means nothing. Lack of recruiting and playing in the SEC as an excuse to not even criticize or fire Bielema. And that's just a start.
Incorrect...  I use real numbers and include all of the data that I can find.  I do not manipulate my data as some do.  I compare them to their peers based on the situations that they are in, the time it usually takes to turn a team around in their sport, the strength of their opponents, the state of the teams they took over and the amount of time they have been at their position. 

Show me means, show me...Talk is cheap.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 16, 2017, 02:07:47 pm
Did you not pay attention to the whole post?

1. Clarke left before giving Anderson a chance. Hello, he was not a returning player.
False, he chose not to stay after MA was hired and MA had plenty of time to work on him
2. Did I not say those freshmen were exactly that, freshmen. Were they supposed to be world beaters for Mike in his first year?
Why can other teams get so much out of freshmen but MA could not
3. Abron left after one year. Not much time for Anderson do develop him.
Keeping players and developing them go hand in hand
4. Looks like Mickelson may have been overrated. He left Arkansas after two years then he redshirted and still could barely see the court at Kansas.
Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't.  With a coach that had the ability to develop that kind of player who knows?  Maybe by the time he arrived at Kansas he was MM transferring to USC
5. Clarke was pretty good but he left before having a chance to play for Anderson. So he is irrelevant to this convo.
No, he was a returning player that transferred after MA was hired.  Very much relevant
6. Young was pretty good but he wasn't a consistent shooter and he left early.
Young was very good
7. Madden was solid all the way around but there was nothing he did exceptional. Pretty good mid range and spot up 3 point shooter. Wasn't the good in year one and two. You know, probably because he was a freshman.
Agreed
8. Glenn Bryant...I forgot about him...What happened to him and where was he in Mike's first year? Was he a JUCO transfer when he came?
Like Rotten, he left after MA was hired

Pretty simple explanations right there. If those freshmen were 2nd or 3rd year players I might say the roster was solid.
As I said the returning players were solid, not amazing.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 1highhog on February 17, 2017, 08:00:58 am
I'm not going anywhere.  I've been around here for over ten years and a ardent Hog fan since 1968.  I've been to countless basketball games, Football games, Track & Field events, baseball games, gymnastics, softball games, volleyball tournaments over the years, that's both in the SWC and the SEC.  I know what a winning program looks like and what a good Coach is.  I did not want Mike for this job because I knew he would face what he's facing now, fans finally reaching the conclusion that he's not the answer for a Coach here and lashing out at him.  No, as I've said many times, I like Mike, I've spent several times talking with him, you won't meet a nicer guy, but he's not a great Coach.  The UofA deserves a great Coach.  Mike has had 6 years to turn this program around, which is longer than most any basket Coach gets to turn the worst programs around.  I'd like to see him just turn in his resignation at the end of the year but I know he won't, so I'd love it if he was fired so we could get the Coach this Program deserves and the fans deserve.

As far as you are concerned, go to your happy place and spend some alone time with your Avatar picture and do what it is you do...
No wonder your so bitter. Your still stuck in the past. How about purchasing a back to the future time machine and joining the rest of us in 2017. Out of Mike's 6 seasons since everyone is so eager to count this 6th season before it's over I'll bite. This is what he has done.

Season 1: 18-14, 6-10, Not great but not too bad for a first year coach
Season 2: 19-13, 10-8, Not great but should have been NIT worthy
Season 3: 22-12, 10-8, NIT Second Round, should have been NCAA worthy
Season 4: 27-9, 13-5, NCAA Second Round, pretty damn good season, bad matchup in the second round, North Carolina
Season 5: 16-16, 9-9, Still and average season after 6 players depart including 4 starters off a 27-9, 13-5 second round NCAA team, we're not Kentucky, we don't reload we rebuild
Season 6: 19-7, 8-5, Pretty solid season so far excluding a couple of head scratchers, Season still in progress

Do we need to be 22-4, 11-2 at this point for some to shut up and be happy? ???

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 10:08:57 am

I told you the numbers you used. Pay attention.

You use tournament appearance numbers against Anderson and you use recruiting rankings numbers and the strength of the SEC schedule numbers as an excuse for Bielema. When we got beat in Little Rock by Toledo and got beat by Missouri this past season in Missouri what excuse did you use for Bielema then? Let me guess...You blamed it on the players? ;)

Pork Twain

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 17, 2017, 10:41:53 am
I told you the numbers you used. Pay attention.
You were incorrect and did not tell my numbers, just made broad and very incorrect generalizations

You use tournament appearance numbers against Anderson and you use recruiting rankings numbers and the strength of the SEC schedule numbers as an excuse for Bielema.
Which sport is it currently easier to win at in the SEC?  In which sport is it more difficult to fill a recruiting class with upper tier players?  In which sport have we ever had upper tier recruiting classes?

When we got beat in Little Rock by Toledo and got beat by Missouri this past season in Missouri what excuse did you use for Bielema then?
There was no excuse, losing those games was unacceptable, as was losing to VT.  I never blame the players and I never attack current coaches personally.  Try harder or just take the media way out and continue to make unsubstantiated and inflammatory accusations because you do not have a leg to stand on.
Let me guess...You blamed it on the players? ;)

Youngsta71701

February 17, 2017, 11:17:45 am #217 Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:27:57 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 10:08:57 am

1. Clarke chose not to stay after MA was hired right? So in other words he wasn't a returning player because he didn't play the next season at Arkansas under Anderson right? So if he didn't play that next season under Anderson how could he help Anderson?
2. I could have sworn I read in another post that you said you can't rely on freshmen to come the next year and turn the program around...I could be wrong on that though. Anyways how many freshmen that came in that year made it to the NBA? I can see if it was a one and done type freshman like Carmelo Anthony or even an impact freshman like Joe Johnson someone like that but that wasn't the case. B.J. Young was the closest thing to that and we all know he was a basket case.
3. Can't force a player to stay if he wants to go back home. How can you develop a player if he doesn't stay? Doesn't make sense to me.
4. I don't even wanna respond to this garbage but I think I will. He had 3 years to develop under Bill Self counting his redshirt year. If the great Bill Self couldn't even develop into to a key contributor well, I don't know what to tell ya. I just don't think it's fair to expect MA to work miracles. Only Jesus could do that.
5. Once again Clarke left before he played a game under Mike. If he would have stayed I guaran"damn"tee you Mike's first season would have been even better. But Clarke decided to leave and who really knows the real reason why but he did and that's that.
6. Young was "pretty" good but if he had a consistent jump shot he would have been much better. But did he even make it to the NBA? How good was he really? I'm guessing when he went to try out for the NBA they must have thought he wasn't that good. He wasn't program changer in his freshmen year type good.
7. We finally agreed on something.
8. So Glenn Bryant left before playing a game for Mike too. Once again if he would have stayed he would have helped considerably but he didn't. Mike can't force someone to stay if they don't want to be there. That's player number two that could have given Mike's first year a boost.

Last but not least. When a new coach comes in there will always be some that leave because they don't have the same trust and relationship with the new coach than they did with the old one. No knock on the new coach. That's just the nature of the beast.

BTW like I said earlier the returning players weren't solid. A team with Julysses Nobles starting at the 1 and Michael freakin Sanchez starting at the 5 is not solid. Marshawn Powell was pretty solid the rest not so much.

Maybe our definition of solid is not the same. How many out of that returning group was actually dependable or reliable? Which is the definition of the way we're using this word "solid". I count one and that's Marshawn Powell.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 10:58:53 am

Out of all those charts that you've made about NCAA tournaments, recruiting rankings, and the strength of the SEC I'm sure you can find something. I'm not going through all that mess. You can live in denial all you want but I know what I've seen and read about how you continue to come up with all type or reasons to protect Bret but at the same time come up will all type of reasons to fire Mike.

Be honest. Have you protected Bret by any means necessary or not? Now don't get me wrong, I don't want Bret fired neither and I probably have defended him more than most have also but I'm just saying. I like both. But the truth is the truth.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 17, 2017, 11:21:55 am
Out of all those charts that you've made about NCAA tournaments, recruiting rankings, and the strength of the SEC I'm sure you can find something. I'm not going through all that mess. You can live in denial all you want but I know what I've seen and read about how you continue to come up with all type or reasons to protect Bret but at the same time come up will all type of reasons to fire Mike.

So you have nothing but your opinion?  Should be easy since all of my charts are out there.  That is, if you are not just making things up, which you shamelessly are.  Talk about honesty issues...

Be honest. Have you protected Bret by any means necessary or not?
I am always honest and from the start, I thought he had a very rough rode ahead of him due to numerous reasons, but this is the last year.  Either he gets it done this year, and gets us back on track, with all of his players, or he can hit the road with MA.

Youngsta71701

February 17, 2017, 11:49:14 am #220 Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 12:45:14 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 11:29:08 am

This post is pretty solid except for the fact that I don't make us stuff I see what I see and the fact that you keep on denying the fact that you come up with every excuse in the book not to put any of the football blame on Bret. I thought all roads lead back to the "HEAD COACH" I did dig up one though. It has nothing to do with numbers which I told you once I don't do charts. Not the difficult way you put them anyways. Too hard to understand. You have to put charts in words for me to get a better grasp of it. Anyways, here goes...

Monday Morning Quarterback / Defense
« on: December 30, 2016, 07:07:48 am »
It all started there in the second half.  Could not stop anyone and our guys on offense knew it.  That led to them trying to force things.  That combined with a couple of bad luck plays led to this.  Couple of those 'mistakes' on offense were just some of the most freakishly bad luck bounces ever.  Rob Smith must go.

Did we not get the ball first to start the second half? If so why would the offense be worried after the defense shut Virginia Tech out in the 1st half? Granted there was no doubt that Robb Smith sucked for pretty much the last two years but Robb Smith didn't suck in the Virginia Tech game. The fumbles and interceptions sucked. Why come out the 2nd half playing like we were behind by 24 instead of playing like we were ahead by 24. All Bret had to do was whisper in the little birdies ear which was Dan Enos and tell him to "run the freaking football" that way we are at less risk of turning the ball over and throwing interceptions. Nothing could be done about that fumbles that was all on Drew. But something could have definitely been done about the play calling. When the defense is back on the field after 1, 2, or 3 plays without much actual time being ran off the clock not to mention all of a sudden having to defend a short field. Your defense will eventually get tired because they aren't getting any rest.

One more thing. Bret has recruited better than any other Arkansas Razorback coach up to date. Why hasn't that translated on the field yet?

HF#1

Why don't y'all play swords and finish this already.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HF#1 on February 17, 2017, 11:51:27 am
Why don't y'all play swords and finish this already.
Lol...It's very hard for me and Twain to get on the same page. It's coming though.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 17, 2017, 11:49:14 am
This post is pretty solid except for the fact that you keep on denying the fact that you come up with every excuse in the book not to put any of the football blame on Bret. I thought all roads lead back to the "HEAD COACH" I did dig up one though. It has nothing to do with numbers which I told you once I don't do charts. Not the difficult way you put them anyways. Too hard to understand. You have to put charts in words for me to get a better grasp of it. Anyways, here goes...

I give BB his blame.  He hired the coordinators and the high turnover rate is bothersome.  I just believe that our defense let us down one too many times this year in the second half and that puts a lot of pressure on the offense.  If MA had an offensive and defensive coordinator, I would probably give them a lot of the blame for us having the same issues in year six, that we had in year one.  Yet we pretty much have all the same staff in place.  In this case, the low turnover rate is bothersome.

Monday Morning Quarterback / Defense
« on: December 30, 2016, 07:07:48 am »
It all started there in the second half.  Could not stop anyone and our guys on offense knew it.  That led to them trying to force things.  That combined with a couple of bad luck plays led to this.  Couple of those 'mistakes' on offense were just some of the most freakishly bad luck bounces ever.  Rob Smith must go.

Did we not get the ball first to start the second half? If so why would the offense be worried after the defense shut Virginia Tech out in the 1st half? Granted there was no doubt that Robb Smith sucked for pretty much the last two years but Robb Smith didn't suck in the Virginia Tech game. The fumbles and interceptions sucked. Why come out the 2nd half playing like we were behind by 24 instead of playing like we were ahead by 24. All Bret had to do was whisper in the little birdies ear which was Dan Enos and tell him to "run the freaking football" that way we are at less risk of turning the ball over and throwing interceptions. Nothing could be done about that fumbles that was all on Drew. But something could have definitely been done about the play calling. When the defense is back on the field after 1, 2, or 3 plays without much actual time being ran off the clock not to mention all of a sudden having to defend a short field. Your defense will eventually get tired because they aren't getting any rest.

Probably because we wanted to continue to score because we all knew our defense would collapse and they had shut the run game down in the first half

One more thing. Bret has recruited better than any other Arkansas Razorback coach up to date. Why haven't that translated on the field yet?
You got me but if he does not do it this year, having that big buyout is going to start sucking

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 12:01:00 pm

No doubt I understand every thing your saying. Trust me I always do ;). Especially about the coordinators in football. Sometimes they get just as much of the blame as the head coach. No coordinators in basketball. Every once in a while I just have to share my opinion and give you a little bit of hell.

Being honest the recruiting and the strength of the SEC are legit points at Arkansas in any sport really and it's really a sore spot in football. But he's not the only coach that has had to deal with that at Arkansas. He has to find a way to get it done and I believe this year will be a big step forward. If not we all know the wolves will come out in huge packs.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 17, 2017, 12:50:57 pm
No doubt I understand every thing your saying. Trust me I always do ;). Especially about the coordinators in football. Sometimes they get just as much of the blame as the head coach. No coordinators in basketball. Every once in a while I just have to share my opinion and give you a little bit of hell.

Being honest the recruiting and the strength of the SEC are legit points at Arkansas in any sport really and it's really a sore spot in football. But he's not the only coach that has had to deal with that at Arkansas. He has to find a way to get it done and I believe this year will be a big step forward. If not we all know the wolves will come out in huge packs.
Don't you go getting all soft on me...

1highhog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 17, 2017, 10:16:23 am
No wonder your so bitter. Your still stuck in the past. How about purchasing a back to the future time machine and joining the rest of us in 2017. Out of Mike's 6 seasons since everyone is so eager to count this 6th season before it's over I'll bite. This is what he has done.

Season 4: 27-9, 13-5, NCAA Second Round, pretty damn good season, bad matchup in the second round, North Carolina
Season 5: 16-16, 9-9, Still and average season after 6 players depart including 4 starters off a 27-9, 13-5 second round NCAA team, we're not Kentucky, we don't reload we rebuild
Season 6: 19-7, 8-5, Pretty solid season so far excluding a couple of head scratchers, Season still in progress

Season #2 NIT bound you think?  Why so?  Do you not think the poor NIT doesn't look at road losses, which there was a huge amount, didn't play into that decision?

Season #3 NCAA bound you think?  Look at reason #1, exact same reason, road losses killed this team because they were bad. 

Season #6, if you can't look at this fresh season and  see the problems, then you're blind.  What did your parents tell you that doing to much of something would do to you?, (remember what I alluded to on your avatar earlier)?  I think you're doing it to much and going blind.  Okay, you want to point out players being the problem?  Where's the Buck stop?  With the Coach?  Who's the Coach?  I shouldn't have to say, here's your Saint.  MA is the problem and I don't care if he had the 5 best players in America next year we wouldn't win the SEC, much less the National Championship.  Keep living with your head in the sand.

ishankem

Win at SC was big one, but I'm not convinced yet. They need to show me some consistency tomorrow

Youngsta71701

February 17, 2017, 09:31:10 pm #228 Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:11:15 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: 1highhog on February 17, 2017, 04:01:39 pm
Season #2 NIT bound you think?  Why so?  Do you not think the poor NIT doesn't look at road losses, which there was a huge amount, didn't play into that decision?

Season #3 NCAA bound you think?  Look at reason #1, exact same reason, road losses killed this team because they were bad. 

Season #6, if you can't look at this fresh season and  see the problems, then you're blind.  What did your parents tell you that doing to much of something would do to you?, (remember what I alluded to on your avatar earlier)?  I think you're doing it to much and going blind.  Okay, you want to point out players being the problem?  Where's the Buck stop?  With the Coach?  Who's the Coach?  I shouldn't have to say, here's your Saint.  MA is the problem and I don't care if he had the 5 best players in America next year we wouldn't win the SEC, much less the National Championship.  Keep living with your head in the sand.
Season #1, Road wins are hard to get for everyone not just Arkansas.
Season #2, Once again road wins are hard to get for everyone not just Arkansas
Season #3, 19-7, 8-5 with all the problems we have (and yes I see them especially defensively) and we still have a record like that. I'll take it. Just think about how good we are going to be now that Mike has shown that he will make a change if necessary... ;D

You have very serious delusional and anger issues...You may need professional help... :-\. Dr. Phil perhaps?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 12:54:39 pm
Don't you go getting all soft on me...
Ok, now that I got that shite out the way. Let's go back to being Stephen A. and Max. Gloves back on. Ding! Ding! Ding!

1highhog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 17, 2017, 09:31:10 pm
Season #1, Road wins are hard to get for everyone not just Arkansas.
Season #2, Once again road wins are  had to get fore everyone not just Arkansas
Season #3, 19-7, 8-5 with all the problems we have (and yes I see them especially defensively) and we still have a record like that. I'll take it. Just think about how good we are going to be now that Mike has shown that he will make a change if necessary... ;D

You have very serious delusional and anger issues...You may need professional help... :-\. Dr. Phil perhaps?

Bud, you're pushing the buttons on the wrong person here.  I'm not being delusional at all, I've been correct this whole time about Mike and he has not gotten any better since he arrived.  His teams are doing the same mistakes since the first year he coached here.  Is that the players fault?  So the same players he had year one are making the same mistakes that all the players he's had his almost whole 6 years he's been here are making, it just don't add up being the fault of the players like you all that love Mike the coach want everyone to believe.  I'm going to leave it at that.  I suggest you leave it where you last commented.

My feelings.  This team won against a ranked team on  the road in spite of very average coaching.  He could not carry Nolan Richardson's jock strap.  Nice person, yes, good intentions, yes, great coach, no.  Mike has proven this.

lutherheggs

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 17, 2017, 10:16:23 am

The poster you replied to may need a time machine but you do not need an excuse machine. You are one!

Anderson was not a first year coach. He was a seasoned head coach back in 2011 and was intimately familiar with Arkansas having been Nolan's assistant at Ark for 17 years. His first 3 years were worse than I would have predicted at his hiring. Players departing for his 5th season was a known issue...recruit to replace and do not have a one class-heavy team. Every coach knows this. It is coaching 101. The other thing you make excuse for by not acknowledging it is that during his entire 6 years at Arkansas, the SEC sucked and still sucks. Hence Arkansas not making the NCAAT with a 22-12/10-8 record. Not going to make it this year either unless the team loses no more than 1 more regular season game and wins a couple in the SECT. Put another way, if this team ends the season with more than 9 losses, it will not make the NCAAT and may not make it with 9 losses.

Letsroll1200

Pork Twain

I still don't believe in MA, but I am believing in these players

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 18, 2017, 07:22:54 pm

Just Keep Watching. This team will not meltdown

Gonzo

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 18, 2017, 07:22:54 pm

Just a week or so removed from MO/Vandy, it's a little cloudy what to believe about this team, but they do look like a crew gelling at an opportune time. Part of that is the players of course, but part of it is the coaching as well. Either way, it's good to see the bounceback from those doldrums that are hopefully gone for good.

Go Hogs!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 18, 2017, 07:44:56 am
The poster you replied to may need a time machine but you do not need an excuse machine. You are one!

Anderson was not a first year coach. He was a seasoned head coach back in 2011 and was intimately familiar with Arkansas having been Nolan's assistant at Ark for 17 years. His first 3 years were worse than I would have predicted at his hiring. Players departing for his 5th season was a known issue...recruit to replace and do not have a one class-heavy team. Every coach knows this. It is coaching 101. The other thing you make excuse for by not acknowledging it is that during his entire 6 years at Arkansas, the SEC sucked and still sucks. Hence Arkansas not making the NCAAT with a 22-12/10-8 record. Not going to make it this year either unless the team loses no more than 1 more regular season game and wins a couple in the SECT. Put another way, if this team ends the season with more than 9 losses, it will not make the NCAAT and may not make it with 9 losses.
1. Are those not facts that I posted?
2. What exactly did you predict Mike to do in his first 2 seasons taking over a 7-9 conference team? Year 3 wasn't too bad. NIT worthy.
3. Of course I know Anderson was not a first year coach but it was however his first season at Arkansas. Was it not? That's what I was referring to and I think you already knew that.
4. Both Portis and Qualls were expected to stay. There was no reason whatsoever to think Qualls would leave.
5. I keep telling people that the SEC is much better than given credit for, especially by you haters when it comes time to dog Mike.
6. If we were to lose to both Auburn and Florida on the road we would still get in. Although I live by the slogan "Just Win Baby". I'm guessing you don't keep up with the RPI and bracketology... ???

texas tush hog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 18, 2017, 07:58:13 pm
2. What exactly did you predict Mike to do in his first 2 seasons taking over a 7-9 conference team? Year 3 wasn't too bad. NIT worthy.
3. Of course I know Anderson was not a first year coach but it was however his first season at Arkansas. Was it not? That's what I was referring to and I think you already knew that.
4. Both Portis and Qualls were expected to stay. There was no reason whatsoever to think Qualls would leave.
5. I keep telling people that the SEC is much better than given credit for, especially by you haters when it comes time to dog Mike.
6. If we were to lose to both Auburn and Florida on the road we would still get in. Although I live by the slogan "Just Win Baby". I'm guessing you don't keep up with the RPI and bracketology... ???

Don't waste your breath on these losers. As soon as we lose again, they are licking their chops to dog Mike.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 18, 2017, 08:04:42 pm

Don't waste your breath on these losers. As soon as we lose again, they are licking their chops to dog Mike.
Like they always say. Haters gone hate. I digress.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 18, 2017, 08:13:57 pm
Like they always say. Haters gone hate. I digress.
Pretty quiet night, huh?   :)

HogCzar1

Now is not the time for anything other than for this team to continue to play well. There are ups and downs, but to this point we have gotten better.

There is absolutely no reason to get cocky and think anything is in the bag. Keep playing hard. We have 2 tough home games and 2 road games left. Finish strong.

ErieHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 18, 2017, 08:16:28 pm

No matter what happens, half our fanbase is in mourning the next day.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 18, 2017, 08:16:28 pm
Yep, I can hear the crickets outside of my house. Loud after a loss though.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HogCzar1 on February 18, 2017, 08:18:30 pm
Now is not the time for anything other than for this team to continue to play well. There are ups and downs, but to this point we have gotten better.

There is absolutely no reason to get cocky and think anything is in the bag. Keep playing hard. We have 2 tough home games and 2 road games left. Finish strong.
Personally I don't believe in taking any games off no matter who it is and no matter where it is. Every time you step on that court you should leave everything you got out there or you should feel real bad about yourself. Hog Pride!!

lynbug

Let's all take the "glass half full" approach.....until someone knocks the glass over.

Dirty

I believe that Britney Spears should be one of Baskin Robbin's 31 flavors. Two scoops.

😉

GuvHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 18, 2017, 07:58:13 pm

Whether or not Qualls and Portis were expected to stay is irrelevant. A good head coach should always recruit as if they were leaving. Mike simply made a mistake last year and got caught in a bad situation. He continues to evolve as a head coach and seems to be getting better every year so I seriously doubt he'll make last years mistake again. This Hog team has a good shot at getting an NCAA Tournament bid and Making some noise there. I would love watching that happen!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pork Twain

Quote from: ErieHog on February 18, 2017, 08:20:07 pm
No matter what happens, half our fanbase is in mourning the next day.
Only a total bag of dicks would be upset because we won, and I'm not talking about Casey and Nathan.  I personally want Mike to do so well that he can never be fired.  That means my hogs are winning again.  I am just a little leery of what Mike's teams are going to give us game in and game out.

sickboy

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 23, 2017, 12:21:29 pm
Only a total bag of dicks would be upset because we won, and I'm not talking about Casey and Nathan.  I personally want Mike to do so well that he can never be fired.  That means my hogs are winning again.  I am just a little leery of what Mike's teams are going to give us game in and game out.

I think that's fair, based on the sample set. 

One thing I have noticed about Mike's teams -- they seem to "click" at some point and have a pretty good string of games. The Portis/Qualls team turned that into a tear. Hoping that's what we're seeing now and that we carry that confidence into Florida.