Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulls Fans are bagging on Bobby Portis

Started by snoot hoggy hog, January 26, 2017, 10:54:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

Should Hogville and Razorback Nation come to his defense?

Cornfed Pig

sickboy

Dude. As a lifelong Bulls fan... the Bulls are a mess. They should get rid of the front office and trade Butler for someone like Wiggins, let Rondo and Wade leave and rebuild the front court. They are a total mess and Bobby Portis hasn't even been given a chance.

Look what happens every time he actually plays real minutes, which is only in D-League and summer games... he scores 20+ consistently. You're telling me you don't have a place in the rotation for a guy who's 6'11" and Has the potential to do that?

XavierZane

Lol, any Bulls fan focusing on Bobby Portis right now is doing so out of either compulsive denial and a desperate need to escape the reality of how messed up the team is now.  The Bulls are in a total meltdown, with a three-way war between two factions of players and the coaches/management. Bobby not being a big contributor up to this point might be a great thing for him.

3kgthog

Most women will tell you that you can't get much accomplished in 1-2 minutes. That's about all the time Bobby has been given.

1highhog

Portis needs to be on another team desperately and get out of Peyton Place.

Hawg Red

pigture perfect

I don't like anything Chicago right now. Even their Pizza is stale to me.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on January 26, 2017, 10:54:34 pm
Should Hogville and Razorback Nation come to his defense?
Nope, he should have stayed in college. I knew he wasn't ready when he left. Still gets lost on defense and wasn't near explosive enough when he left for the NBA.

And this is coming from a lifelong Razorback fan and a lifelong Bulls fan. What the Bulls need it shooters. We don't have any pure shooters on the roster.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

As a Chicago fan, this is extremely embarrassing. Hell, the entire franchise is an embarrassment. Things have gone downhill since they got rid of Tom Thibodeau. The front office is a mess, the coach lets his players run over him, and half the players hate eachother. Bringing in Rondo was a mistake. Bringing in Wade was another mistake. They need to get rid of everyone from the GM on down. Keep the young players of course, they are the future, Portis included
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Jackrabbit Hog

Some players are just cancers for a team.  Doesn't matter how talented they are; they end up destroying chemistry and bringing the team down.  Stephon Marbury was one.  I think Rondo is one as well.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

RagingHawgOn

Portis will get his shot at some point.

To me, Rondo is nothing but a cancer wherever he goes. Amazing how one guy can poison a locker room.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 27, 2017, 06:57:50 am
Nope, he should have stayed in college. I knew he wasn't ready when he left. Still gets lost on defense and wasn't near explosive enough when he left for the NBA.

And this is coming from a lifelong Razorback fan and a lifelong Bulls fan. What the Bulls need it shooters. We don't have any pure shooters on the roster.

Another year wouldn't have made him anymore ready for the NBA as it relates to the issues you listed. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 27, 2017, 08:13:15 am
Another year wouldn't have made him anymore ready for the NBA as it relates to the issues you listed.
You ever notice how some kids stay four years and end up better when they get to the NBA. Those type players are called developmental players. And that's exactly what he was. He wasn't a one and done and he wasn't a two and done. Three and done? Maybe. Four and done? Definitely.

Personally I think him putting on too much weight may have affected his explosiveness. The more basketball you play the more aware you should naturally become. Rather it's on offense or defense. It's called a process.

Soooie21

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on January 27, 2017, 07:41:40 am

To me, Rondo is nothing but a cancer wherever he goes. Amazing how one guy can poison a locker room.
The Dallas Mavericks fount that out quick..

southarkhog06

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 27, 2017, 06:30:42 am
I don't like anything Chicago right now. Even their Pizza is stale to me.
Hehe hehe.... C'mon man October was ages ago now no reason to still be salty.

RaisinHog

Come on man that will leave a bad taste in us cards fans mouth for years ... Screw the Cubs .. Go Cards

NoogaHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 27, 2017, 12:38:15 am
Most women will tell you that you can't get much accomplished in 1-2 minutes.

From who's point of view? Because I feel I can accomplish a lot. She may not agree. :(
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

poloprince

I remember D-rose bagging on him saying he was practicing too hard, but now Wade and Butler are saying guys don't care etc.  I know that isn't true for BP
$PoLoPrInCe$

southarkhog06

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 27, 2017, 08:35:16 am
Come on man that will leave a bad taste in us cards fans mouth for years ... Screw the Cubs .. Go Cards
years? that's a little dramatic, I was over Bartman by December that year. I think most Cards fans will forget last season by Spring Training.

As far as Portis, Chicago fans have never been known as knowledgeable basketball fans they are just proving people right.

The_Iceman

I hope Bobby finds a way out of that mess. Backing up Dirk in Dallas would be a good spot for him.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Hoiberg should have stayed in the college game.  I could see him going to Missouri.  They got Kim on the cheap, and he is doing absolutely nothing.  They should offer Fred $2mil+ a year the minute he gets fired or put some whispers in his ear so he quits. They have nothing to lose by making a big play for him.  It would immediately excite their fan base and FH has shown he can do a relatively quick rebuild.  Now having Mizzou for a door mat might be good for our record but does nothing for the league.  They are a basketball school with decent history.  We should want them to be good. Steel sharpens steel and would be good to have them improve in the long run. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 27, 2017, 09:39:34 am
Hoiberg should have stayed in the college game.  I could see him going to Missouri.  They got Kim on the cheap, and he is doing absolutely nothing.  They should offer Fred $2mil+ a year the minute he gets fired or put some whispers in his ear so he quits. They have nothing to lose by making a big play for him.  It would immediately excite their fan base and FH has shown he can do a relatively quick rebuild.  Now having Mizzou for a door mat might be good for our record but does nothing for the league.  They are a basketball school with decent history.  We should want them to be good. Steel sharpens steel and would be good to have them improve in the long run.

That would be a great hire for Missouri and the SEC, but probably not too great for our prospects of H2H success.

JenksHawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 27, 2017, 06:57:50 am

....because staying in college another year would have really helped his explosiveness and defense.

Pork Twain

With Butler and Wade bashing their teammates to the media and Rondo calling them out in the media, Portis is the last thing they need to be worried about.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hawg Red

I actually do hope they cut Bobby or trade him. What a toxic situation right now in Chicago. I think it is just as much ownership and management as it is players. Would love to see Bobby on my Rockets under D'Antoni.

1highhog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 27, 2017, 07:17:22 am
Some players are just cancers for a team.  Doesn't matter how talented they are; they end up destroying chemistry and bringing the team down.  Stephon Marbury was one.  I think Rondo is one as well.

Rondo is a cancer wherever he goes, they need to send his butt to China, I promise you is they do, Communism will be overthrown by the people there and they will establish a Monarchy with Rondo being Court jester.

sickboy

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 27, 2017, 01:59:20 pm
I actually do hope they cut Bobby or trade him. What a toxic situation right now in Chicago. I think it is just as much ownership and management as it is players. Would love to see Bobby on my Rockets under D'Antoni.

I can assure you that it's very much ownership and management.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: JenksHawg on January 27, 2017, 01:42:12 pm
....because staying in college another year would have really helped his explosiveness and defense.
College basketball is basically a developmental league to get you ready for the pros if your a good enough player to make it. Why do you think most players improve every year and numbers go up every year while in college? Do you think they just stay the way they were when came in as freshmen? In college most players get better every year. It's called developing and improving year by year. Even game by game for that matter. What would help his explosiveness is to lose some weight. He looks a little too big now.

pigture perfect

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 27, 2017, 08:53:29 am
years? that's a little dramatic, I was over Bartman by December that year. I think most Cards fans will forget last season by Spring Training.

As far as Portis, Chicago fans have never been known as knowledgeable basketball fans they are just proving people right.
Who are these Cubs you talk about, Obama and politics are why I hate Chicago. 🤓
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

songofthesword

I said it here. And got laughed off the forum the end. Game is the second, not the first, contract. His problem is he isntbyiid

southarkhog06

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 27, 2017, 08:12:36 pm
fair enough, I dare not wade into that discussion.

husker71

I dont think they will cut Portis.  He has some trade value.  On Simmons show the other day he said something like some teams might take Rondo in a trade  and cut him but keep Portis.   I know this is just his "trade machine" but I think someone could use Portis down the line.   

Youngsta71701

His strengths are his hustle and he's a big man that can stretch the floor. Needs to work on his court awareness both defensively and offensively.

pigture perfect

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 28, 2017, 08:31:59 am
fair enough, I dare not wade into that discussion.
I should have emoji'd sorry.

hawginbigd1

Said it from day one he needed to stay one more year, it's going to cost him millions in earnings IMO. If he improved his game 20% of the jump he made from freshman to sophomore seasons he was a top 10 pick, and goes to a team that needed him to play. I figured he was going middle to back half of the 1st round to teams that are pretty deep. Chicago may have been one of the worst IMO. Now fans bagging on him is BS, the lack of playing time has stifled his development.

passinghog

Staying in college wouldn't have helped him one bit. College basketball isn't a development league, and it hasn't been for 10-15 years. You get better by working in the gym and in the offseason in the NBA. The problem is getting drafted to a team with 4 PF on their roster. You can't overload a roster like that.

husker71

I saw yesterday in mock draft on either espn or si.com that the 1st 18 players this next year were either all freshmen or a couple of foreign players.  If you have real  talent get out of school and get into the league.

snoot hoggy hog

FREE BOBBY PORTIS!!!

19 pts tonight and 8 rbs

The_Iceman

Quote from: Showtimehog on January 28, 2017, 12:49:56 pm
Staying in college wouldn't have helped him one bit. College basketball isn't a development league, and it hasn't been for 10-15 years. You get better by working in the gym and in the offseason in the NBA. The problem is getting drafted to a team with 4 PF on their roster. You can't overload a roster like that.

Really wish Dallas would have taken him right before the Bulls did. He would be great learning behind Dirk.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on January 27, 2017, 07:41:40 am

while I don't disagree, they'd be ass with or without rondo tho.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

The_Iceman

I think the Bulls need a complete rebuild to start fresh. Here is a trade I would make if I were the Bulls...

To the Celtics:
Jimmy Butter

To the Bulls:
Jaylen Brown (2016 #3 overall pick)
Nets 1st round pick (likely #1)

Bulls 2017-2018 lineup:
Fultz or Lonzo Ball
D-Wade (if not traded)
Jaylen Brown
Portis
Lopez

Celtics add Butler who immediately makes them a contender in the East. The Bulls get a young talent at SF and a top tier PG in the next draft. Good move for both teams I think.

Slater

Hoiberg will likely replace Weber at K-State
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Hawg Red

Quote from: Slater on February 17, 2017, 08:05:00 am
Hoiberg will likely replace Weber at K-State

Does seem like a logical landing spot for Fred. Better there than Missouri.

RagingHawgOn

Portis went for 19 and 8 last night in 26 minutes. Beat Celtics.

Hawg Red

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on February 17, 2017, 08:24:29 am
Portis went for 19 and 8 last night in 26 minutes. Beat Celtics.

He's always been good when they've given him minutes. I know he has stuff to work on but he's not going to get better sitting on the bench. You don't get better in an NBA practice either.

cosmodrum

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 27, 2017, 08:12:36 pm

Have you been to Chicago?

Do you hate Hope because of Bill Clinton?
Go away, batin'

Beaverfever

I don't get why people act so confused about why the Bulls aren't that great.  They have a really average roster.  Jimmy Butler is a good player but when he's your centerpiece it shouldn't come as any great shock that you're a .500 ballclub. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 17, 2017, 08:52:37 am
I don't get why people act so confused about why the Bulls aren't that great.  They have a really average roster.  Jimmy Butler is a good player but when he's your centerpiece it shouldn't come as any great shock that you're a .500 ballclub.

Their ownership and front office are out of touch with what it takes to be success in today's NBA.

sneakybeats

Only Bobby Portis' could get away with a huge back tattoo of Bobby Portis. 
They need to give the man some damn minutes!  :razorback:
Nolan started a basketball revolution.