Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We have scored more points

Started by bigpigpimpin, November 09, 2015, 09:02:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

In the last two games (116) than Missouri has (108) this entire season. Wow....their offense is really that bad.

longpig

Wow, one week into November and only 108 points.  :(  I saw other day where the Hog offense is 2nd best in the conference in the NCAA's total offense category.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Svrdhd

Man, they've fallen on hard times on the gridiron and the campus.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Arkansas Fan

Hopefully it's bad when we play them.

LLPL

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 09, 2015, 09:02:42 pm
In the last two games (116) than Missouri has (108) this entire season. Wow....their offense is really that bad.

They have scored 132 for the season. Vandy has 133. Pretty sad. The next lowest is SC with 195. By contrast Ole Miss has 407 and three teams have over 300 with us at 313.

Where they have done well is on defense. They are tied with Florida for fewest points given up with 131. We are last in the league with 265 but that includes 6 OT periods.

bennyl08

Quote from: LLPL on November 09, 2015, 11:31:05 pm
They have scored 132 for the season. Vandy has 133. Pretty sad. The next lowest is SC with 195. By contrast Ole Miss has 407 and three teams have over 300 with us at 313.

Where they have done well is on defense. They are tied with Florida for fewest points given up with 131. We are last in the league with 265 but that includes 6 OT periods.

Maybe the discrepancy is offensive points scored vs just total? Like 2 defensive td's and 2 safeties difference?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Jackrabbit Hog

Missouri's offense is historically and epically awful.  I watched quite a bit of their game a couple of weeks ago, while they were in the midst of their 13 or 14 quarter no-TD streak, and it was like they wanted to celebrate when they got first downs (which wasn't often).  Any pressure at all on the QB and it's a wild throw.  In all honesty, we should beat them by 30 points, but being as how much we seem to enjoy nailbiters, we will probably beat them by 3.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 09, 2015, 09:02:42 pm

They'll come alive against our defense. The same as every other team does. Especially if we keep playing this soft coverage. I'm not saying we should be right in their face on every play. Just don't be ten yards off the receiver on every play. Make them earn everything they get instead of just giving them easy completions and yards.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas is third in the SEC measured by average yards per play on offense. Fourth in average points per game, which isn't quite fair because the Hogs have played two overtime games.

LSU rates slightly better than Arkansas on both of these measures.

On defense, Arkansas is last in the SEC for average yards allowed per play, while LSU is eighth. For scoring defense, no surprise the Hogs are last (given the two OTs). LSU is eighth again.

Of course, Ole Miss ranked above Arkansas by all statistical measures, too.
[CENSORED]!