Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's a Bowl game match-up I could get excited about

Started by WizardofhOgZ, November 09, 2015, 11:51:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

I don't think Penn St. would get that bid to the Taxslayer.  I think it would go to Northwestern.

The Great Hambino

If we win out, which is unlikely, statistically, and a few other things happen, which is unlikely, statistically, we'll be in the... wait for it... Sugar Bowl.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 09, 2015, 10:57:59 pm
My Dad hated Paterno. He though he was a wolf in sheep's clothing..................
Looks like dad was right. I have always hated him too. Just always looked creepy to me.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

hogsanity

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 10, 2015, 10:12:28 am
Looks like dad was right. I have always hated him too. Just always looked creepy to me.

I would not mind playing Penn St, just because we have never played them, but it has nothing to do with Paterno. He is dead, his rep was irreparably tarnished in his final days. He went into eternity a sad broken man.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

Quote from: LASLOPHAWG on November 10, 2015, 12:22:05 am
Independence Bowl Would love to have an Arkansas-Louisville match up!

Jeff Long say NO Way!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rusvegashog

As a kid I always thought PSU had the best uni's in the game. Classic.

SoonerSooie

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 09, 2015, 12:04:32 pm
I'm pulling to finish with all wins, finish 8-4, earn a trip to the Cotton Bowl, and beat the crap out of the Oklahoma Sooners.

Now, THAT would would be freaking awesome!!

^^^^
This, but, would almost lead to a divorce in my household!  LOL! My wife is an alum of OkSooners (One of those 4.0 gpa smart alecs!!). When we played and stomped the Sooners in the Orange Bowl, that was glorious but, if we have to play them again, not sure what the home front outcome might be. But, hey, bring it on and let's stomp them wagon driving Sooners!
WPS!!!