Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Was it?

I can't think of a better game.  Honestly

Thoughts?

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Dr. Starcs

Top 5 probably. But I wouldn't say best. It was so frustrating watching our defense all game not be able to stop them.

Possibly best finish though.

hoggusamoungus

1979/81 Texas, 1981 Baylor, 1989 Houston, 2010 Georgia and LSU are some of my favorites.

Shrevepork

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hawgwash

Not best game, but craziest finish that ended in a win.

razorbackchamps94

welchog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 08, 2015, 11:39:01 am
Top 5 probably. But I wouldn't say best. It was so frustrating watching our defense all game not be able to stop them.

Like we say in the military..."but the enemy gets a vote."  We should all remember that when being critical of our offenses or defenses.  Their's get a vote too.  Sometimes it isn't preperation or persperation, but the other guy did the right thing better or the breaks went the other way.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgwash on November 08, 2015, 11:47:08 am
Not best game, but craziest finish that ended in a win.

Excellent way of describing it!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

casken

It is up there for sure. I was at both Miracles on Markham and they rate pretty high. I recall the 69 shoot out...it was great for 3 1/2 quarters.

I think my favorite that made me feel we belonged in the SEC was the game with LSU on CBS when Knile Davis and our O Line just dominated them in the 4th Q. Not an apologist for Petrino at all, I like Coach B. But I recall the announcers saying enthusiastically, "LSU has NO ANSWER for Knile Davis!" I work with several Tiger fans. Probably my favorite of all time.

That lateral though...it is right up there with my all time mouth wide open favorite plays.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

sickboy

Miracle on Markham, probably. Just the way it was won with Matt Jones, who wasn't the most reliable passer, throwing two long passes in a row to go 80 yards in however many seconds and then, of all people, hitting our RB in the endzone in the middle of double coverage. It was just insanity.

Yesterday was up there.

gmarv

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 08, 2015, 11:46:48 am
Top 10 for me but I'm old.
for me too but being old means I forgot the other 9.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: gmarv on November 08, 2015, 12:13:18 pm
for me too but being old means I forgot the other 9.

For me it was the Orange bowl win over OU. Only because I didn't see the bowl win over Nebraska to get our NC.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 08, 2015, 12:15:30 pm
For me it was the Orange bowl win over OU. Only because I didn't see the bowl win over Nebraska to get our NC.

Yea, that's the other one I considered.

Dr. Starcs

I'm sure its already a thread on here, but we should start a list of best Razorback football games ever.

This one would definitely be on that list.

Boardon Hamsay

For a shootout and freak finish to get the W kind of game, yes, this was one of the best.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

welchog

For me it was the Orange bowl win over OU.

Me too because I was there to watch it live!

Tejano Jawg

I'm not ready to go all-time "best". But it was phenomenal. And, it wasn't' sloppy (no turnovers, right?) and the offenses executed all night long. Let's for a second, forget about our poor tackling.

If you were just a football fan watching this game, this will be one of the top 2 or 3 you'll see this year. What entertainment!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Dionysos25

Best I've felt afterward for sure. My endorphins were up.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

LZH

Houston in '89, LSU in 2002(?), the 7 OT game in Oxford was a blast to watch as was the Kentucky game the next year or two.....but this is right up there with the best of them, at least in my lifetime.

Danny J

This game and the Auburn game were two of the best games I can remember. I know people keep bringing up old games where we beat a rival or that game got us to a big bowl game however as far as the quality of one game without anything else being on the line those two games were two of the best.

Forget about our record. Forget about their record. Forget where the game was played. Forget that it wasn't for a SEC champ title. Forget all that stuff. As far as the game itself....one of the top 2 or 3 I can remember ever seeing.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Danny J on November 08, 2015, 01:50:29 pm
This game and the Auburn game were two of the best games I can remember. I know people keep bringing up old games where we beat a rival or that game got us to a big bowl game however as far as the quality of one game without anything else being on the line those two games were two of the best.

Forget about our record. Forget about their record. Forget where the game was played. Forget that it wasn't for a SEC champ title. Forget all that stuff. As far as the game itself....one of the top 2 or 3 I can remember ever seeing.

Let me bring up another old one then............USCw to open the season a long time ago. We won when nobody (other than maybe some Hog fans and players) though we would.

welchog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 08, 2015, 01:57:53 pm
Let me bring up another old one then…………USCw to open the season a long time ago. We won when nobody (other than maybe some Hog fans and players) though we would.

Yeah, and just like the LSU win in 2007, we beat the eventual NC.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: welchog on November 08, 2015, 02:01:47 pm
Yeah, and just like the LSU win in 2007, we beat the eventual NC.

IIRC that was USCw's only loss that year as well.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 08, 2015, 02:10:27 pm
My name's Dennis Winston and I likes to hit people.

Easily in the top ten.  Easily.   :razorback:

phadedhawg

Easily top 10, probably top 5, but these things take time to sink in.

welchog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 08, 2015, 02:10:27 pm

Yes, but LSU lost twice, to us, but first to KY.

porkurina

jchill

I loved the game against Tennessee when McFadden ran all over the Vols. It was so bad at halftime that Phil Fulmer was literally speechless when interviewed. Phil made Porky Pig seem articulate.

I also loved when McFadden brought the mini baseball bat  to the interview after the victory against LSU and told the whole world that we brought the wood and put it on LSU.

And last, the game against Texas in the early 1980's when they were ranked number one and we ran roughshod over them. I forgot the final score. I think it something like 41-13.

26.2Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 08, 2015, 02:12:47 pm
My name's Dennis Winston and I likes to hit people.

Easily in the top ten.  Easily.   :razorback:

It was the season opener in '74.  I was there and Dirt spied Anthony Davis the entire game, hitting him on every play whether he had the ball or not, and ended up with 24 tackles. 

USCw was ranked #5 coming to LR, and did win it all that year.  Davis ran the kickoff back 100+ yards for a TD the first time he touched the ball for their only TD.  As I recall, he finished 2nd in the Heisman voting that year.

GuvHog

Quote from: jchill on November 08, 2015, 03:54:40 pm
I loved the game against Tennessee when McFadden ran all over the Vols. It was so bad at halftime that Phil Fulmer was literally speechless when interviewed. Phil made Porky Pig seem articulate.

I also loved when McFadden brought the mini baseball bat  to the interview after the victory against LSU and told the whole world that we brought the wood and put it on LSU.

And last, the game against Texas in the early 1980's when they were ranked number one and we ran roughshod over them. I forgot the final score. I think it something like 41-13.

I remember that win at LSU in 2007. That was the year McFadden was hosed out of the Heisman Trophy.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hogarusa

It was fun.  See games like that all the time in Big 12.  One of best finishes you will see
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

brh

No Doubt and I have been to most every home game and quite a few of the road and bowl games my first was sitting in the grass and benches in the north end zone for the 69 Texas game.

But for me the 7 overtime game at ole miss was by far the most exciting game I ever witnessed in person. I decided to go at the last minute and was able to get seats in the players guest section. They were simply concrete stair steps. I set right next to Matt Jones parents. Just watching them was an experience.

By the end of the game from the rather uncomfortable seating, the stress and the length of the game my back was destroyed. It was the sweetest pain I ever felt and worth the 3 days pay I lost before I could get out of bed again. Still not sure how i made it to the car or made it home. But wow the alternating  emotions of distress and victory.. what a wild ride.

The bonus was I had a pretty strong bet down on the over... wasn't within 20 points before overtime, it paid for my loss of wages..

reddogjcss

In 70s we played USC and they had a Heisman RB and we kick there butt with the swarming defense. In my little mind it was greatest game I ever seen.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: reddogjcss on November 08, 2015, 04:12:57 pm
In 70s we played USC and they had a Heisman RB and we kick there butt with the swarming defense. In my little mind it was greatest game I ever seen.

UMMMM. I think we've covered this.

gmarv

that was a great win I was working in western okla. at the time.ou fans have always been a arrogant bunch.going to work after that one was a real pleasure.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 08, 2015, 11:39:01 am

Ole Miss has a highly touted defense.  They struggled equally.  Athletes, rules of the game and how they are enforced, and other factors favor the offense.  Our defense looke silly trying to tackle at times but their athletes had something to do with some of the misses.  Defense was sound and in the right spots.  Simply have to keep improving. 

DeltaBoy

Lou' s HOG win over Fred Arkers and number 1 Texas in Nam.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

longtimeHogfan

Hog's win over pre-season #1 SC-west in the Rock in '74 will always be my favorite.  Hey, I'm old, what can I say?  But this one was close.....really close. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

PigTimePlayer

I remember it, that was so good . . . Fulmer said something like "He's a grown man, we gotta tackle his butt". It was hilarious, I have tried to find that clip on YouTube but haven't had any luck.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Boarmonger

78 Orange Bowl vs. OU
74 against USCw
89 vs. Houston in Little Rock
81 vs. Texas in Fayetteville

are all better in my opinion because we played defense really well or had important stops.  Don't get me wrong, this is one of the most exciting games ever but best?  I think the others are better because of the role the defenses played.  I'm purposely leaving out the 69 UT game.  Can't bear to call that one one of our best games.

Biggus Piggus

Hard to beat that Orange Bowl. Low expectations, huge outcome.
[CENSORED]!

AFWarrior83

Definately the best college football game I've watched this year, and I've watched a bunch!
Hogville member since 2005.

wholehog92

I don't remember the 74 game since I was too young.

The 78 orange bowl
McFadden running over TN
7 OTs against Ol Miss
are maybe the only ones I can think of better.

I would put this one with the twin miracles on Markham though so it's at least top 10 in my life and likely top 5.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

phadedhawg

Beating #1 LSU was pretty awesome.  If our defense had shown up I'd def say greatest game ever. 

rzrbackrob

You know the game was good when people at work who rarely talk football could not stop talking about the game.
This game was like a salve to soothe the irratation of the Toledo game.
Good is the enemy of great

Arky

Almost the whole game was played on our side of the 50. I was a freshman that yr..........52-11.