Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AC??????

Started by hawgfan4life, November 07, 2015, 11:12:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

The desire to finish what you start can be very persuading.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hogfly

What I loved about Bielema's comments is the stick/carrot approach. Two weeks ago he talked about being "pissed" at AC. This week, he said that AC has amnesia about a workout and missed it, so he didn't get the start. He then went on to say, "Alex Collins is a 'beautiful' kid." So, yes, AC is going to be held accountable and there's a consequence for that action, but that doesn't mean that CBB dislikes him or thinks he's a bad person. It just means that actions have consequences. Deal with the action/consequence, and don't make it personal. That's a really, really valuable life lesson for these kids and the way the business world works.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on November 08, 2015, 12:23:42 pm
Not surprising coming from a guy whose only 'friends' are the ones he has online. Give White a shoutout for me ok!?
WTH is that supposed to mean? you people are some judgemental asses.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 08, 2015, 06:12:28 pm
WTH is that supposed to mean? you people are some judgemental asses.

....and you are being every bit as judgemental of CBB without knowing all the facts. Turn-about is fairplay when you initiate the argument.
If you are going to post crap, be prepared to face the responses. If you aren't tough enough for it, stop posting crap.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

reddogjcss

I don't want him to end up getting done like Mallet, learn discipline now at College level.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 08, 2015, 05:59:25 pm
NFL teams will have support systems in place to get him to things on time

Really? The NFL is BIG BUSINESS. They don't have 55 people for the 55 players on the roster going to the players home every day to pick them up to make sure they didn't forget to set their alarm clocks.

P.S. The Texan's say Hi...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: reddogjcss on November 08, 2015, 07:48:29 pm
I don't want him to end up getting done like Mallet, learn discipline now at College level.

Neither does CBB

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 08, 2015, 07:37:54 pm
....and you are being every bit as judgemental of CBB without knowing all the facts. Turn-about is fairplay when you initiate the argument.
If you are going to post crap, be prepared to face the responses. If you aren't tough enough for it, stop posting crap.
it's not like I'm advocating no discipline, i love that. It just gets to be kindergartenish when it's shoelaces, jumpingjacks, and breakfast. And i am entitled to that opinion. it doesn't mean posters can take personal shots at me. it is against the rules on here; if he said it to my face that would be different. Although, I suspect he wouldn't.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 08, 2015, 08:17:03 pm
it's not like I'm advocating no discipline, i love that. It just gets to be kindergartenish when it's shoelaces, jumpingjacks, and breakfast. And i am entitled to that opinion. it doesn't mean posters can take personal shots at me. it is against the rules on here; if he said it to my face that would be different. Although, I suspect he wouldn't.
But this wasn't about "shoelaces, jumping jacks, & breakfast." But you insist on trying to say it is or you wouldn't made the comment.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 08, 2015, 07:48:45 pm
Really? The NFL is BIG BUSINESS. They don't have 55 people for the 55 players on the roster going to the players home every day to pick them up to make sure they didn't forget to set their alarm clocks.

P.S. The Texan's say Hi...........................

They don't need 55 guys. They can just send an intern to get one guy if he starts showing up late to stuff, or send a driver, etc.

And did you not read all of my post? I specifically called out the Mallett situation. O'Brien didn't want him around anyway, of course he wasn't too motivated to help him out. AC would be, at minimum, a third round pick and an NFL team would help him out unless he totally busted on the field.

Acting like being late to a few things is a reason for AC to stay another year is a gigantic reach by Hog fans who would love to see him here one more season.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

hoghearted

Quote from: reddogjcss on November 08, 2015, 07:48:29 pm
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Inhogswetrust

November 08, 2015, 10:58:52 pm #61 Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:10:45 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Smokehouse on November 08, 2015, 08:46:15 pm
They don't need 55 guys. They can just send an intern to get one guy if he starts showing up late to stuff, or send a driver, etc.

And did you not read all of my post? I specifically called out the Mallett situation. O'Brien didn't want him around anyway, of course he wasn't too motivated to help him out. AC would be, at minimum, a third round pick and an NFL team would help him out unless he totally busted on the field.

Acting like being late to a few things is a reason for AC to stay another year is a gigantic reach by Hog fans who would love to see him here one more season.

I've NEVER read where an NFL team consistently had anyone go to a players house to make sure they show up on time or drive them there no matter who that star player was. If you know of any please share. I completely agree with your last sentence.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

redeye

I'm surprised Juan Day didn't play a little.  Think he could have helped.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 08, 2015, 10:58:52 pm
I've NEVER read where an NFL team consistently had anyone go to a players house to make sure they show up on time or drive them there no matter who that star player was. If you know of any please share. I completely agree with your last sentence.

No reason for AC to not have a personal assistant/chauffeur if he honestly has a problem with time management.

Just hire someone responsible that can drive and follow a calendar of events.  If you have a big house, let them live there for free to offset the salary a bit, plus they're on hand for waking you up, driving you, etc.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

mhuff

Pel had some good points as a coach; however, I never appreciated his lie down and have a good bleed quote. Did our FB team lie down and bleed when the odds were against them? No, they fought on to victory. Perhaps he would have done better with a different attitude.

That last TD and 2 point conversions are the stuff that make legends of men.

Cinco de Hogo

I read about a situation just the other day were a NFL team per contract assigned a full time nursemaid to a player.  I can't remember who it was now, maybe someone else read it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 09, 2015, 07:00:54 am
I read about a situation just the other day were a NFL team per contract assigned a full time nursemaid to a player.  I can't remember who it was now, maybe someone else read it.
Didn't Dez Bryant have a babysitter?

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 09, 2015, 07:20:01 am

Yeah, there have been several who have had babysitters, although sometimes they contribute to the problem.

Cinco de Hogo

That's who it was and in the article I think it said he negotiated that out of his new contract.  Hope he does the right thing(s)!

Hogfly

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2015, 07:22:04 am
Yeah, there have been several who have had babysitters, although sometimes they contribute to the problem.

Right. If you're having to hire a babysitter for a guy, then the player likely has problems that a babysitter isn't going to fix.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hogfly on November 09, 2015, 09:05:35 am
Right. If you're having to hire a babysitter for a guy, then the player likely has problems that a babysitter isn't going to fix.

If she's a hot baby sitter Id want one

PonderinHog

onebadrubi

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 08, 2015, 08:17:03 pm

Nobody has gotten in trouble over shoelaces, jumping jacks, or just breakfast.  Collins didn't get in trouble over breakfast, but it did make coach mad. 

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: Hogfly on November 08, 2015, 06:02:37 pm
What I loved about Bielema's comments is the stick/carrot approach. Two weeks ago he talked about being "pissed" at AC. This week, he said that AC has amnesia about a workout and missed it, so he didn't get the start. He then went on to say, "Alex Collins is a 'beautiful' kid." So, yes, AC is going to be held accountable and there's a consequence for that action, but that doesn't mean that CBB dislikes him or thinks he's a bad person. It just means that actions have consequences. Deal with the action/consequence, and don't make it personal. That's a really, really valuable life lesson for these kids and the way the business world works.

Agreed.  In the press conference he said he wants Alex to have a long career in the NFL, and he's trying to help him get there.  Preparing a running back for a sustained NFL career is more than teaching him how to follow blockers, pick-up blitzes, or develop receiving skills.  It's also about being a professional.  After all, it is a career. 

These are things that Alex probably doesn't appreciate now, but he damn sure will after 5 years in the NFL.  It's one of the reasons CBB's players are so endeared to him after they graduate. 

Smokehouse

Yeah, this was the first example that came to my mind. There have been other players who got the "babysitter" treatment.

NFL teams would deal with AC's lateness (to whatever extent it's a chronic problem for him, it doesn't seem that terrible to me or CBB would be doing more than giving Walker some of the early runs) for a while and give him a chance to produce. If he doesn't produce, then it will become an excuse to cut him down the road.

I doubt Mallett's chronic lateness just suddenly manifested itself when he got to Houston, but you started hearing more about it once O'Brien was tired of him.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hogwop

Quote from: hawgfan4life on November 08, 2015, 05:10:10 pm
Walker started, was on the field first many series, and Collins wasn't on the field in many key situations.  Just because he received a couple more carries doesn't mean he was used as the lead RB for the game.  He wasn't.  He had zero TD carries.  Walker ran one in and got another carry from FB at the goal line while AC was a decoy. 

I'm fine with all of that and support BB teaching him a life lesson if that occurred.  Walker played them lead role the entire game.  Nothing more or less and no hidden meaning.

He had the most carries and was in there on the biggest play of the game, that doesn't scream "clear no 2 back" to me.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

gmarv

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 09, 2015, 09:55:58 am
Agreed.  In the press conference he said he wants Alex to have a long career in the NFL, and he's trying to help him get there.  Preparing a running back for a sustained NFL career is more than teaching him how to follow blockers, pick-up blitzes, or develop receiving skills.  It's also about being a professional.  After all, it is a career. 

These are things that Alex probably doesn't appreciate now, but he damn sure will after 5 years in the NFL.  It's one of the reasons CBB's players are so endeared to him after they graduate. 
theres also a reason ac is still a hog and will be until he decides to leave,its as simple as he is a good kid and a d*#mn fine football player.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogwop on November 09, 2015, 01:36:01 pm
He had the most carries and was in there on the biggest play of the game, that doesn't scream "clear no 2 back" to me.

Also, on the 1st 2pt conversion play, they ran the same play they scored the 2 on in the 4th Aub OT, with BA in shotgun flanked on the left by KW and on the right by Morgan, except last Sat it was AC on BA's left.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 09, 2015, 07:00:54 am

How many players in the NFL and how many "personal assistants" are paid for by the team for any players.............if any then VERY few. That being said IF I was a high paid athlete making millions and had trouble getting to work on time I'd hire one!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogfly on November 09, 2015, 09:05:35 am

Bingo!

Styflin

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 08, 2015, 12:07:05 pm
Love me some AC, bigtime, but he's got to realize before he goes to the next level, the established players in the NFL do not tolerate rookies being late to meetings, not giving it 100%, and just exhibiting an overall cocky attitude. As good as Alex is he could find himself cut if he misses meetings or is even late to meetings on the next level. If Alex cannot get that through his head, he may need to stay another year in order to mature a bit more.

How do you know this?

Styflin

Late in the game I was screaming to put Alex back in the game. Unreal that he wasn't in there in certain spots. He is clearly the better runner.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: hogsanity on November 09, 2015, 03:02:39 pm
Also, on the 1st 2pt conversion play, they ran the same play they scored the 2 on in the 4th Aub OT, with BA in shotgun flanked on the left by KW and on the right by Morgan, except last Sat it was AC on BA's left.

He was in there during some critical plays, he had carries in critical spots, and he had the most carries by two plays.  That doesn't mean he wasn't relegated to the #2 role for a big portion of the game.  If it makes you feel better to believe he was the lead RB for the game by carries, responsibility, etc., I concede and stand corrected.