Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AC??????

Started by hawgfan4life, November 07, 2015, 11:12:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan4life

Any mention in post game about why AC played so little?

arkansasrazorback

He didn't start because of something he didn't do Thursday at a workout

Großer Kriegschwein

Something about his workout on Thursday. So Walker got the start. But he still played a good deal of the game. Over 100 on the ground.
This is my non-signature signature.

hollywood hog

Quote from: hawgfan4life on November 07, 2015, 11:12:32 pm

Nope but Walker played well and this may have played out in our favor. 

Barman91

AC has brought it every game, all season. Without him, we're screwed.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 07, 2015, 11:15:21 pm
um yes there was.

TomasPistola

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 07, 2015, 11:15:21 pm

Coach B mentioned it after the game. Late for a workout.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

PonderinHog

Walker, McFadden, Faulk, and Collins.  Elite company.

hawgfan4life

Thanks.  He might have gotten his yards but he clearly was 2nd RB all night.  Got to hand it yo BB, he is holding them all accountable.  AC needs to ask a former Hog QB if being on time is important at next level.

upperdeck_hawg

There is a huge drop off from Collins to Walker. Walker played his heart out, but he just doesn't have the speed or juking ability.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

TomasPistola

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on November 07, 2015, 11:26:17 pm
There is a huge drop off from Collins to Walker. Walker played his heart out, but he just doesn't have the speed or juking ability.

No, but he does bring power and straight line running which is nice if the blocking is there. He can lay a lick and soften up a D. I do think AC had a little extra at the end of the game because Walker started.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

sickboy

November 07, 2015, 11:35:50 pm #11 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 12:06:49 pm by sickboy
Alex carried the ball 17 times for over a hundred yards. Am I missing something or did he play a lot?

Razor6

I think starting Walker MAYBE threw a wrinkle that Ole Miss wasn't expecting to see... In the end, it all played out well! GO HOGS
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Scott7703

No disputing the difference in speed but the collisions there are at the end of some of walkers runs adds a dimension to our run game we need. Alex did play a great game again tonight though.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Congrats to him on hitting 1000 for the third straight year!

gmarv

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on November 07, 2015, 11:47:10 pm
this....

Poker_hog

Walker played good and keep ac fresh.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

mrfranchize

Keep your players humble and you'll keep your team

LSPRazorbac

Going forward....I think this rotation was pretty good.  Really need to manage Collins snaps and keep him as fresh and healthy as possible.

Kevin

Cbb trying to help Collins become a man
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogwop

Quote from: hawgfan4life on November 07, 2015, 11:24:42 pm
Thanks.  He might have gotten his yards but he clearly was 2nd RB all night.  Got to hand it yo BB, he is holding them all accountable.  AC needs to ask a former Hog QB if being on time is important at next level.

What? He had the most carries by any back in the game
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

opineonswine

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on November 07, 2015, 11:47:10 pm

He's been a great Razorback.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawgfan4life on November 07, 2015, 11:12:32 pm
breakfast or shoelaces, I can't remember which. Imagine if AC had not been out there on the Buffalo Wild Wings Pass. Because- Breakfast...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2015, 09:43:42 am
Cbb trying to help Collins become a man
+1
I agree with this
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Bacons Rebellion

If you didn't see CBB's press conference he explained his reasoning fairly well, saying that wants Alex to have a lot of football to play once he leaves Arkansas and does not want to think he (CBB) had not done everything possible to prepare him for the responsibilities and behaviors he'll need for that.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 08, 2015, 09:48:31 am
breakfast or shoelaces, I can't remember which. Imagine if AC had not been out there on the Buffalo Wild Wings Pass. Because- Breakfast...

Fire Bielema

ricepig

Jumping jacks, but rules don't matter, right????

hoghearted

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 08, 2015, 09:52:39 am
If you didn't see CBB's press conference he explained his reasoning fairly well, saying that wants Alex to have a lot of football to play once he leaves Arkansas and does not want to think he (CBB) had not done everything possible to prepare him for the responsibilities and behaviors he'll need for that.
Good preparation for the young man.  Nice work, coach, and thanks for another great game, Alex.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

FANONTHEHILL

That's an apples to oranges comparison.  Two totally different types. Slasher vs power back.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

PorkRinds

You say some really dumb darn.

Iwastherein1969

Love me some AC, bigtime, but he's got to realize before he goes to the next level, the established players in the NFL do not tolerate rookies being late to meetings, not giving it 100%, and just exhibiting an overall cocky attitude. As good as Alex is he could find himself cut if he misses meetings or is even late to meetings on the next level. If Alex cannot get that through his head, he may need to stay another year in order to mature a bit more.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Dan42AR

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 08, 2015, 12:07:05 pm
Love me some AC, bigtime, but he's got to realize before he goes to the next level, the established players in the NFL do not tolerate rookies being late to meetings, not giving it 100%, and just exhibiting an overall cocky attitude. As good as Alex is he could find himself cut if he misses meetings or is even late to meetings on the next level. If Alex cannot get that through his head, he may need to stay another year in order to mature a bit more.

You are right I think he needs to come back for his senior year. Well at least I hope that he thinks he needs to come back. lol

whoopigLakeCity

It would be great to see Collins with 4 1000 yard seasons.

ldfergu

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 08, 2015, 12:01:26 pm
You say some really dumb darn.

Not surprising coming from a guy whose only 'friends' are the ones he has online. Give White a shoutout for me ok!?

(notOM)Rebel123

AC missed a workout on Thursday.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Moe wins

I would've liked to see Collins get about 5 more carries.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 07, 2015, 11:17:59 pm
Walker, McFadden, Faulk, and Collins.  Elite company.

You forgot Sayers and Brown.   ;)
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

reddogjcss

It seemed to work in our favor, AC was fresh legs and strong legs later in game. Better to learn lessons now than be like Mallet

ricepig

Quote from: Moe wins on November 08, 2015, 04:56:01 pm
I would've liked to see Collins get about 5 more carries.

Why would you've wanted more OT's??

Atlhogfan1

I was good with how they rotated the backs.  Not wearing out AC with 3 good SEC defenses left. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Hogwop on November 08, 2015, 09:46:51 am
What? He had the most carries by any back in the game

Walker started, was on the field first many series, and Collins wasn't on the field in many key situations.  Just because he received a couple more carries doesn't mean he was used as the lead RB for the game.  He wasn't.  He had zero TD carries.  Walker ran one in and got another carry from FB at the goal line while AC was a decoy. 

I'm fine with all of that and support BB teaching him a life lesson if that occurred.  Walker played them lead role the entire game.  Nothing more or less and no hidden meaning.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2015, 05:05:52 pm

I was at my end when we scored the 2-pt conversion.

I couldn't take it anymore. Seriously.

Moe wins

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2015, 05:05:52 pm
I guess I wanted 5 of Cody's that were 2 yards a piece.

ricepig

Quote from: Moe wins on November 08, 2015, 05:25:46 pm
I guess I wanted 5 of Cody's that were 2 yards a piece.

Yeah, Kody doesn't need to be making lateral moves, haha. He's a battering ram, go forward, but keep your head up!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2015, 05:27:36 pm
Yeah, Kody doesn't need to be making lateral moves, haha. He's a battering ram, go forward, but keep your head up!

Finally got KW at TD at FB too. The landsharts were completely unprepared for the FB dive.

Moe wins

Cody is a battering ram & he surely loosened up their D. He averaged 3.3 a carry and AC at 6.4 a carry.

Collins just looked really strong in the 4th quarter while Cody was still getting some carries.

The_Hog_Father

Pig in the Pokey, I like you... But you really need to let this go. We've all watched you make personal and it's not a good look. Let me flip that last remark though... If AC had not been disciplined and completely focused like the rest of his teammates then that play never happens. The coaching, the discipline, the focus, being on time, being disciplined... This all fell into place during those precious seconds when this play transpired and AC and his Teammates killed it because of ALL of those steps-- not despite them.

I wish you the best dude... I always do. Wooo Pig.

Fan1958

Wow.  And I got excoriated in another thread for basically the same type comment about a certain (injured) receiver. 
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Großer Kriegschwein

Each one of those players execute what they are coached to do. It's not all about measurables fellas.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 08, 2015, 12:07:05 pm

AC always gives 100% and certainly doesn't have a cocky attitude. From Bielema's comments his problems are staying up too late at night and losing track of time. NFL teams will have support systems in place to get him to things on time, especially if he's producing, and he won't have the distractions of living on campus or classes. If you're a backup QB who the head coach wants gone anyway, then not so much.

There's no reason for AC to come back next season. If he does, it's because he really loves the Hogs (note, this does not mean he doesn't love the Hogs if he leaves.)
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.