Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question

Started by my3boneheads, September 23, 2017, 07:25:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

my3boneheads

If CBB was making $1.5 mil instead of $4.1 or whatever would we still be calling for him to be fired?  Is it his coaching or is it his contract that upsets us? Then ask yourself who should be held responsible.

porkskin

No...he would have already been fired. It's his lack of coaching.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: my3boneheads on September 23, 2017, 07:25:36 pm
If CBB was making $1.5 mil instead of $4.1 or whatever would we still be calling for him to be fired?  Is it his coaching or is it his contract that upsets us? Then ask yourself who should be held responsible.
I get it.  You want a new A.D.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Jek Tono Porkins

Prior to Freeze getting fired, Bielema was 6th in the SEC West as far as salary goes. Over the past four years he's finished 5th, 3rd, 7th, and 7th in the West, for an average of 5.5. So as far as results for what he gets paid relative to the other coaches in the division, his pay versus performance is right on target. Anyone that whines about his yearly salary is a dolt. It's standard pay for an SEC coach and actually on the low side in the SEC West.

The problem has been his coaching.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

my3boneheads

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on September 23, 2017, 07:31:04 pm
I get it.  You want a new A.D.

Actually I wanted Mike Leach. He's got more knowledge in his pinkie than all of Hogville.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: my3boneheads on September 23, 2017, 07:38:22 pm
Actually I wanted Mike Leach. He's got more knowledge in his pinkie than all of Hogville.
So you want Mike Leach and a new A.D.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

KennyForAD

Quote from: my3boneheads on September 23, 2017, 07:25:36 pm

The amount they make has never mattered, and attitudes are no different than they have ever been.  OU fans were ready to kill Barry Switzer (winningest coach in history) after he had back to back 3 loss seasons.   Texas fans HATED Freddy Akers (highest winning percentage in UT history) forever, after he lost a championship game due to a fumble. Hog fans gave Kenny Hatfield HELL, despite him winning more than any coach in Arkansas history. 

I saw that bit on Gameday.  They full of dung.  Same as its always been.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on September 23, 2017, 07:31:04 pm
I get it.  You want a new real A.D.

Ours is a con man.  We his victim.

3kgthog

Yep. I'd still want him gone. It's all about the Ws.

All his salary does is make me roll my eyes at those that feel sorry for poor Bret Bielema. His salary is bloated just like every other coach in the SEC. Only Saban is worth more than $2 mil a year. The rest are one big gaggle of average/poor coaches that are overpaid.

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)