Silver lining

Started by PygmalionEffect2, September 23, 2017, 03:11:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PygmalionEffect2

We scored in the 2nd half   :)

baby steps......
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on September 23, 2017, 03:11:14 pm

baby steps......

No, the silver lining is this is the end for BB which has been way too long coming
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on September 23, 2017, 03:11:14 pm

baby steps......

The team didn't quit.  And we got the ball downfield in the passing game which I doubted we could. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: JOKERHOG on September 23, 2017, 03:12:18 pm
No, the silver lining is this is the end for BB which has been way too long coming
Nope
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

PygmalionEffect2

Another one.

AA suddenly had great pass protection in the 4th qtr.

I assume a&m got tired, but I'll have to look at the tape to see if the coaches somehow stumbled across a lineup that worked well together.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Atlhogfan1

Lots of underclassmen played today and contributed.  Maybe the foundation for the next coach will be ok. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

sickboy

I don't think it is. I think it's just the first piece of the firing process. If this team makes a bowl game this year, I think he'll stick around.

Jimbob111

"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

jgphillips3

Quote from: sickboy on September 23, 2017, 03:42:08 pm
I don't think it is. I think it's just the first piece of the firing process. If this team makes a bowl game this year, I think he'll stick around.

Two cupcakes.  We would have to beat South Carolina, Mizzouri and who...Ole Miss (who owes us a beating) to get to 6 wins?  That's possible, but remote.  This team will be lucky to go 5-7.  They have the talent to win 8 or 9 but...coaching.

SugarHillGaHog

At least TCU isn't making that loss seem so bad.  Up 20-7 atm over OSU.  I know it's not much but it's something..

Razorbacks#1

We win out. There you go. Park it.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Hoggish1

Apt Screen name...

hawgrunner

Ex-Trumpet

What in the wide wide world of sports would make you think this is the end for CBB?!?!?!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Poker_hog

Quote from: sickboy on September 23, 2017, 03:42:08 pm

Probably so, but the path to 6 wins is really tough now.  We're 1-2, we play 2 more cupcakes.  We have 3 50/50 games left.  It's unlikely we win all three.  Also unlikely we upset the big boys on our schedule.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

jjdlc

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 23, 2017, 03:44:41 pm
Do you think he remains the coach in 2018?

Unless there is some sort of mutual split, due to the $15mil buyout, we are probably stuck with him for at least 1 more year, possibly 2.  I don't have the silly hatred of Jeff Long that some here do, but that buyout was just stupid.

VirginiaHog

Potosihog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 23, 2017, 03:12:23 pm
The team didn't quit.  And we got the ball downfield in the passing game which I doubted we could.
This. 

LumberBacks

We gots the "W"!!! In TOP.  Natty around the corner!!!

sylamore

Only silver lining is that bow season started today. Being a hog fan is lots easier when sitting in a tree watching the sunrise and enjoying the beauty of nature. Otherwise it will break your heart.