Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watching Kentucky vs UNC alumni game on ESPNU

Started by -Blu, September 13, 2015, 05:51:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

They got a UNC vs Kentucky alumni game airing on ESPNU right now.  Kentucky's roster is loaded, they got all their big stars playing except John Wall.  UNC didn't hardly bring anyone to the tablet.  Their best 2 players are Harrison Barnes and Jerry Stackhouse LOL.

I would love to see them do an Arkansas alumni game vs those Kentucky dudes.  We got plenty of guys that can still play that would give them a run for their money.

We could bring....

Patrick Beverly, Courtney Fortson, Janero Pargo, Joe Johnson, Sonny Weems, Michael Qualls, Ronnie Brewer, Marshawn Powell, Bobby Portis, and Corliss Williamson.  I know Corliss is still good for a good 10-15 minutes, dude is in really good shape.

edit: Forgot Coty Clarke, I would throw him in that mix as well.

jry04

Quote from: -Blu on September 13, 2015, 05:51:16 pm
They got a UNC vs Kentucky alumni game airing on ESPNU right now.  Kentucky's roster is loaded, they got all their big stars playing except John Wall.  UNC didn't hardly bring anyone to the tablet.  Their best 2 players are Harrison Barnes and Jerry Stackhouse LOL.

I would love to see them do an Arkansas alumni game vs those Kentucky dudes.  We got plenty of guys that can still play that would give them a run for their money.

We could bring....

Patrick Beverly, Courtney Fortson, Janero Pargo, Joe Johnson, Sonny Weems, Michael Qualls, Ronnie Brewer, Marshawn Powell, Bobby Portis, and Corliss Williamson.  I know Corliss is still good for a good 10-15 minutes, dude is in really good shape.

edit: Forgot Coty Clarke, I would throw him in that mix as well.
Would be fun to see, but it wouldn't be close. Cousins and Anthony Davis are two of the best players in the NBA. Davis is a top 5 player overall. We wouldn't have a chance against them.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: jry04 on September 13, 2015, 06:15:10 pm
Would be fun to see, but it wouldn't be close. Cousins and Anthony Davis are two of the best players in the NBA. Davis is a top 5 player overall. We wouldn't have a chance against them.

Yeah, still can't guard their bigs down low.

MountieDawg

That game was not paid competitively... Cousins would never take 8 3's in a competitive game or Dakari Johnson and Willie Cauley-Stein shooting 3's...  It was a way to raise over a million dollars for charity and a recruiting tool for Kentucky and N Carolina.
SEC!

LR_Matt

Hah, our guys couldn't compete in college and you think they'll compete now LOL

-Blu

Quote from: LR_Matt on September 18, 2015, 05:16:52 pm

What are you talking about?  They are all pro players now, what does their college career have to do with anything going on now?  And it's an alumni/charity game it's not like they are going to be going 100% like they are competing for a national championship, just something fun to go head to head with a rival school. 

I thought it was a cool idea, I know I would like to see some old hogs play together for fun, it would be cool to watch.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LR_Matt on September 18, 2015, 05:16:52 pm

Moron.