Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hunting Club needing new members?

Started by 1highhog, August 11, 2008, 09:13:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

If anyone has a small hunting club needing two members or if there are any Hogville members that have tracts of land that they would lease for hunting please let me know. 

1highhog

it really does'nt matter, my soninlaw and myself are just looking anywhere we can get right now.

Boarsnest

August 13, 2008, 07:11:57 am #2 Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 07:32:22 am by Boarsnest
I am in a club south of Watson, Arkansas. We are looking for 4 to 5 members. We are not a small club, there are 20,000 acres in our lease and we have around 100 members. We have alot of deer(on deer management program per Anderson Tully's biologist), alot of turkeys and wild hogs, we also have good fishing and duck hunting. You have access to the Arkansas and Mississippi Rivers as they are the north and east borders of the property. The annual dues are not cheap at $2,350.00 but for all the hunting and fishing that we have it is worth the price plus your chances of taking a really nice buck are improving since we have went to a buck management program. If you are interested pm me for contacts. There are campsites on the property where you can set up campers. most build cabins or move in mobile homes. We have members from around the state plus some out of state, one from as far away as Maryland.

pipehog

SultanofSwine

Boar, if you are out of Watson, how far east of of the railroad tracks does the club start? Mike Statten isnt in that club is he?

Boarsnest

August 13, 2008, 08:36:06 pm #5 Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 08:43:53 pm by Boarsnest
Mike Staton is the Biologist for Anderson Tully. I have been told that Mike will be hunting with us this year. The club has been there for years it was known as The Conservation League and is now called Desha Delta Hunting club. The membership was 300 to 400 hundred members at one time. My understanding was that Mike wanted the membership numbers trimed, it caused dues to increase causing some members to leave, but just in the 4 years that I have been in the club we have seen better and older bucks being harvested. I would be wiiling to pay higher dues to lower the number of memberships more(most others are not willing to pay more). There is however plenty of room for 120 to 130 members.

I am a farmer and crop consultant from DeWitt.

The club starts at Wargo Landing (where the Arkansas River dumps into the Mississippi River) and runs south to the Potlatch Mill just above Arkansas City.
All land is between the levee and the two rivers. There is a 700 acre island(cat island) that is right across from Big Island's southend.

SultanofSwine

1highhog

Thanks to all that posted info in my thread.  My son-in-law and I was able to lease 400 acres in Hot Springs County.  The land looks good and it does'nt seem to have been used the last 2 years.  We have alot of cleanup to do to make it huntable.

1highhog

I need to make some foodplots and I have never done this before.  What's the best way to do it and what time of the year?

1highhog

What about game cameras, has anyone got any info on which ones are the best to use?

V. V. Hawg

please check your inbox.

Thanks

deltahogfan

Quote from: Boarsnest on August 13, 2008, 08:36:06 pm
Mike Staton is the Biologist for Anderson Tully. I have been told that Mike will be hunting with us this year. The club has been there for years it was known as The Conservation League and is now called Desha Delta Hunting club. The membership was 300 to 400 hundred members at one time. My understanding was that Mike wanted the membership numbers trimed, it caused dues to increase causing some members to leave, but just in the 4 years that I have been in the club we have seen better and older bucks being harvested. I would be wiiling to pay higher dues to lower the number of memberships more(most others are not willing to pay more). There is however plenty of room for 120 to 130 members.

I am a farmer and crop consultant from DeWitt.

The club starts at Wargo Landing (where the Arkansas River dumps into the Mississippi River) and runs south to the Potlatch Mill just above Arkansas City.
All land is between the levee and the two rivers. There is a 700 acre island(cat island) that is right across from Big Island's southend.
Hunted in this club from childhood to two years ago. Was a member in two different clubs, both Anderson Tully. One had to go, could not afford both anymore. Picked the one I am presently in because daughter can hunt as long as she is in school and I can carry a guest. Which was not an option in Desha-Delta. Both have good deer hunting, although the one I stayed in is better. Both suffer from "Anderson-Tully" syndrome, both being nothing but cut over thickets.
The quality buck program that Anderson-Tully has works. No question. But, since A&T bought everything out, the squirell and turkey hunting has suffered drastically due to over harvest of timber. Would MUCH rather have our trees back in exchange for a few less deer. Of course, I could spit in one hand and wish in the other and I know which would fill up first.
Those who get there first with the most.