Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rainy weather and mid afternoon start time favors Hogs

Started by The OTR, October 05, 2017, 07:03:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

I'll go ahead and admit I've been 50/50 so far this year but I was eerily accurate when predicting the score in last week's weather/prediction thread. 

Looks like rain and possibly thunderstorms Saturday afternoon in Columbia.  I don't think anyone could deny we've played some good football in wet conditions under CBB.  I believe that our running game will be all we need to take care of business on Saturday.  South Carolina will struggle trying to throw in this monsoon so look for a turnover or two and a freak play or two involving special teams.  Also look for a touchdown or big run back on a fumble or interception by our defense.  Mid afternoon games are our specialty and this is going to give us some confidence and momentum for the rest of the season. 

Make sure to set your dvr's to record the show after the game because a weather delay is likely. 

Hogs win of course 35 to 17. 

PonderinHog

The OTR

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 05, 2017, 07:05:32 pm
Great!  'Cause I was worried.

A guy like you probably gets a lot of invites to the alma sonic I'd bet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 05, 2017, 07:03:46 pm
I'll go ahead and admit I've been 50/50 so far this year but I was eerily accurate when predicting the score in last week's weather/prediction thread. 

Looks like rain and possibly thunderstorms Saturday afternoon in Columbia.  I don't think anyone could deny we've played some good football in wet conditions under CBB.  I believe that our running game will be all we need to take care of business on Saturday.  South Carolina will struggle trying to throw in this monsoon so look for a turnover or two and a freak play or two involving special teams.  Also look for a touchdown or big run back on a fumble or interception by our defense.  Mid afternoon games are our specialty and this is going to give us some confidence and momentum for the rest of the season. 

Make sure to set your dvr's to record the show after the game because a weather delay is likely. 

Solid breakdown by Pillowhead as usual. If my math is right, the Hogs win 72% of the time that Pillowhead's weather breakdowns are at least 50/50. Clearly another insight that favors the Hogs.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

phadedhawg

Arky

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 05, 2017, 07:16:26 pm
Solid breakdown by Pillowhead as usual. If my math is right, the Hogs win 72% of the time that Pillowhead's weather breakdowns are at least 50/50. Clearly another insight that favors the Hogs.
pillow is the man......or woman...b

The OTR

Quote from: Arky on October 05, 2017, 08:19:49 pm
pillow is the man......or woman...b

I wish the mods would change my name to Sluggo Jackson.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 05, 2017, 07:16:26 pm
60% of the time it works every time.

Polecat

the players are still pissed from the A&M loss. Carlos Hall will make the trip and inspire the boys before sharing a Black n Mild with Sterling Sharpe.
All things point to Hog victory
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

PORKULATOR

One of these days I'm gonna beat you to it and post, "mid day start time, alcoholic fan bases and sweltering jock straps favor the hogs
Then just post Bo and Finnebaum overlapping each other
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

The OTR

Quote from: Ward on October 06, 2017, 07:45:57 am
Sorry boys

We are going to be eating macaroni and hot dogs after this one

On our way to 8-4

CBB is going to be using his impressive lobster connections to have 120 lobsters for Sunday dinner in Fayetteville....gonna be just like Sunday on the farm...in Nantucket.

Grag T

I had spent many weeks trying to create a foolproof algorithm using rainy weather + lobster to try to determine college football wins but Pillowhead clearly beat me to it.  I suppose it's for the best, I was just finding more problems than answers so I'm just thankful we have Mr. Jackson here to do the work that only he can do  8)
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

The OTR

Quote from: Grag T on October 06, 2017, 09:24:15 am
I had spent many weeks trying to create a foolproof algorithm using rainy weather + lobster to try to determine college football wins but Pillowhead clearly beat me to it.  I suppose it's for the best, I was just finding more problems than answers so I'm just thankful we have Mr. Jackson here to do the work that only he can do  8)

The forecast is looking worse by the minute....a veritable monsoon on Saturday.  I wonder what CBB will wear to keep himself dry?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 06, 2017, 09:27:06 am
The forecast is looking worse by the minute....a veritable monsoon on Saturday.  I wonder what CBB will wear to keep himself dry?

Nike branded tarpaulin with a forward facing hog.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The OTR

Quite a bit of talk on Bo's afternoon show's message board about jelly sandwiches.  Quite a bit.  Now that the media is getting mixed up in this we might finally get some answers about exactly what magical physiological transformation is going on with our players and probably coaches too at halftime in our locker room.

PonderinHog

Potosihog

I'm telling you guys, it's not the weather or the start time.  It is the windbreaker.  If you don't believe me just look back to last week's post.

Pillowhead is a fine prognosticator.  But he gets tunnel vision in the eye of the storm.  And though a storm is blowing in from the gulf, the massive front facing hog on the front of that windbreaker will scare those cocks straight back into the locker room.

Vantage 8 dude

Well if you say so. Whew, for a few minutes I was worried about the whole outcome; however, since you're "crunched the numbers", entered the algorithms, put all this relevant information in your handy, dandy computer I will bet the farm.........unfortunately that means it will be on the Gamecocks.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Ward on October 05, 2017, 07:29:22 pm
This thread is very disrespectful to CBB

No mention of food of any kind, an obvious swipe at Bret by the OP. "Underhanded "? Yeah I don't think so

Just sad

Well... someone did mention the Alma Sonic....
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Ward on October 06, 2017, 04:12:03 pm
well lookie here - the return of the smartass

I've always been here... lurking in the shadows....
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Vantage 8 dude

jgphillips3

The OTR

Quote from: Ward on October 06, 2017, 04:11:25 pm
Pillowweed (Sloggo) getting featured by Mike Irwin on a KNWA story last spring went straight to his head. Trust me, we had to hear ALL ABOUT IT at a family picnic this past summer. The only storm he's ever seen was a large lightning storm in Kansas City once (something else we have to hear about at family functions as well, EVERY summer), and he swears it was the greatest fight against nature that mankind has ever endured.

Please don't encourage him.

Of all people to quote. 

HogPharmer

Quote from: Ward on October 06, 2017, 04:11:25 pm
Pillowweed (Sloggo) getting featured by Mike Irwin on a KNWA story last spring went straight to his head. Trust me, we had to hear ALL ABOUT IT at a family picnic this past summer. The only storm he's ever seen was a large lightning storm in Kansas City once (something else we have to hear about at family functions as well, EVERY summer), and he swears it was the greatest fight against nature that mankind has ever endured.

Please don't encourage him.

Just imagine if it had been a Robert Shields piece...

Vantage 8 dude

Poker_hog

So you're saying cold wet weather is bad for the cocks?
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

HogPharmer

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Grag T on October 06, 2017, 09:24:15 am

Pillow head is "actually" not ready to come out as female yet... Therefor {!} is the symbol PJ will be using. It's neither male, female, or even human. That symbol will represent the Dumas originally known as Pillwater Jaqueline...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 06, 2017, 05:08:16 pm
So you're saying cold wet weather is bad for the cocks?
I would guess only if it makes 'em shrink up if it get too cold. ;) ;) :) 8)

Porkette

I've started to look forward to these posts every week  :D
GO HOGS GO!

LZH

We could be playing in the Mohave desert or in hurricane Irma and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. What are you guys going to keep reaching for to justify fat boy's record?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: LZH on October 06, 2017, 08:18:58 pm
We could be playing in the Mohave desert or in hurricane Irma and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. What are you guys going to keep reaching for to justify fat boy's record?
Come on Alice, lighten the frig up.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 06, 2017, 03:59:35 pm
Quite a bit of talk on Bo's afternoon show's message board about jelly sandwiches.  Quite a bit.  Now that the media is getting mixed up in this we might finally get some answers about exactly what magical physiological transformation is going on with our players and probably coaches too at halftime in our locker room.

Good to know. Hope there is continued exposure around what we are doing during halftime. I don't care if it comes via some grainy, convenience store-like security camera feed, but someone needs to confirm what it is we're doing. I don't know if any of the local media have the fortitude for such a story. Need someone that's not afraid to stir the pot. Not afraid to get his hands dirty, too. And, someone not afraid and able to blend in with the surroundings. This seems like a job for pondwater jack....
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Ward on October 05, 2017, 07:29:22 pm
This thread is very disrespectful to CBB

No mention of food of any kind, an obvious swipe at Bret by the OP. "Underhanded "? Yeah I don't think so

Just sad

Respect is earned not given. Ask the Marines.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 07, 2017, 10:03:15 am
Wow, really :o ??? I'm sure this is the absolute first time any of us have heard such. Thanks for your supreme wisdom.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ward on October 07, 2017, 10:21:00 am
what if I were in the Delaware Air National Guard? Would I be able to give opinions then?
Apparently not. Obviously that privilege is relegated to the "Few, the Proud, the Marines".

Vantage 8 dude

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 07, 2017, 10:03:15 am

I was a lifeguard one summer in Union County. Does that have any merit? How bout the North Dakota Coast Guard? I was part of that too.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ward on October 07, 2017, 10:53:48 am

the French Foreign Legion
Well I can understand why you wouldn't qualify to earn respect. Most of you guys are heavy drinkers and gamblers.

Hogarusa

All weather and times favors the Hogs. Stats dont lie
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

The OTR

A driving rainstorm, just as I predicted, helps our chances. 

On another note the kicker for LSU looks like he could start at linebacker.  My only fear is this game is going to be determined by special teams execution or lack thereof. 

Main two things I've heard from all the gas bags on tv and the radio is that their quarterback is a coach's son and we don't want to kick a field goal if we can possibly avoid it.  Seems like everyone just keeps repeating those two things.

From Tusk Till Dawn

The announcers said its hot but looks dry so we'll see

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 07, 2017, 03:03:44 pm
The announcers said its hot but looks dry so we'll see

Fake news. Announcers were at the wrong game. It's pouring in Columbia.

The OTR

I was right as usual. Just had the teams mixed up.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 07, 2017, 05:39:47 pm
I was right as usual. Just had the teams mixed up.

I think your analysis was spot on. Team did not cooperate.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?