Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leadership

Started by sooieboy, February 09, 2007, 10:44:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sooieboy

IMO a lack of leadership is the main reason for the continual soap opera on the hill.  HDN's ego appears so out of control that he expects the media, players, coaching staff, and fans to accept his actions without question.  He has gotten a pass on his actions, not just his win/loss record.  As "regular folks" we will never know the behind doors activities, but there is far too much information that is disputed by all sides for honesty and integrity to be in abundant supply.  The division of the fan base is totally based the disputed information each person chooses to believe.
I can accept HDN if he dealt with people honestly, but this seems impossible for him to do.  For that reason alone, I want a new coach.  The first statement I would make to a new coach would be: do what you say, say what you did, and just FREAKIN WIN

hoginator

That's exactly why his coaching by committee doesn't work...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Hong Kong Sooey

B8B

razor

Can you imagine such drama occurring on the watch of Bear Bryant, Darrell Royal, Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer, Joe Paterno,.....? I can't.

James K. Pork

Quote from: razor on February 09, 2007, 11:02:55 pm
Can you imagine such drama occurring on the watch of Bear Bryant, Darrell Royal, Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer, Joe Paterno,.....? I can't.

One can only see how Meyer handles his true freshman quarterback to know the difference between competent leadership and the insecure ego-trip Nutt went on with Mustain.

Hong Kong Sooey, that quote in your sig line absolutely hits the problem on the head.  Even if we gave this up and moved on as the apologists suggest, then we would still be hampered by the fact that our rivals know these problems exist at Arkansas.  They will not stop telling recruits about the cancer just because we decide to move on and ignore it.

hview

Completely agree with your comments. Maybe Nutt will continue his verbal defense of his conduct, that may be his undoing.     

bulldawg88

nuts not gone till frank is :puke:

sooieboy

That's the real scary part of this soap opera.  JFB has been an institution within the U of A for 49 years and has lead the building of sports facilities that rival those of any other university.  His legacy will be spoiled by being pushed out due to HDN's lack of leadership and his unwillingness to leave a position that he has become too senile to manage.