Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many SEC West football teams...

Started by HognotinMemphis, September 18, 2017, 11:25:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

(not counting Texas A&M - A&M has not had back-to-back winning conference records in their 5 years in the SEC) since Arkansas joined the SEC 25 seasons ago, have had back-to-back winning SEC records only once?

Hint: each team that has done it only once in 25 years all had only 2 years in a row with winning SEC records.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Jek Tono Porkins

Us under Petrino and Miss State under Sherrill? But I'm pretty sure Ole Miss only did it once under Freeze as well.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

jkstock04

I know the Hogs did in 2010 and 2011. We went 6-2 in conference games both those years.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on September 18, 2017, 11:31:05 pm
Us under Petrino and Miss State under Sherrill?
That is 2 of the 3. Miss St in '98 and '99 (6-2 and 6-2) and Hogs in '10 and '11 (also 6-2 and 6-2). 
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on September 18, 2017, 11:31:05 pm
Us under Petrino and Miss State under Sherrill? But I'm pretty sure Ole Miss only did it once under Freeze as well.
That is it. 3 of the 6 SEC teams over past 25 years. Ole Miss did it in '14 and '15...5-3 and 6-2.

The other 3 SEC teams, Bama, Auburn and LSU, have had many back to back groupings of winning SEC seasons and way more than just 2 seasons in a row in multiple groupings. Alabama currently on a 9 season stretch of winning SEC records with worst being 5-3 in 2010. LSU had winning SEC record 8 seasons in a row from 2000 through 2007, then 5 more in a row from 2009 through 2013. Auburn aslo had 8 winning SEC seasons in a row from 2000 through 2007, same as LSU. But Auburn has not had back to back winning SEC seasons since then. But they did go 8-0 in 2010 and win the NC and went 7-1 in 2013.

Shows you how dominant Alabama, Auburn and LSU have been over Ole Miss, Miss St and Arkansas over past quarter century.