Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jaylen Bacon Voted the SBC Outdoor Track Male Student-Athlete of the Year

Started by Seminole Indian, May 21, 2017, 07:40:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

JONESBORO, Ark. (5/19/17) – Junior sprinter Jaylen Bacon was voted as the Sun Belt Conference Outdoor Track Male Student-Athlete of the Year, the league office announced Friday.

Bacon, winner of this award last season as well, took gold in the 100 and 200-meter dash at the Sun Belt Conference Outdoor Championships last weekend. He clocked a 10.00 second 100-meter dash in the final, breaking the 41-year standing school record of 10.05 by Ed Preston in 1976. He posted a SBC record in the 200-meter dash, taking gold in 20.35 seconds.

Bacon is among 11 others from A-State qualified for the NCAA West Region Preliminary May 25-27 in Austin, Texas. Bacon ranks top 10 nationally in the 100-meter and top 15 nationally in the 200-meter.

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=211601391
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

Clocked an impressive 9.97 sec. in the 100 Meter to move on to Eugene for the NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships in two weeks. Also qualified in the 200 Meter with a time of 20.27 sec.

Will be joined by five other A-State athletes in Eugene:JR Cristian Ravar Ladislau | Hammer Throw, JR Tiaan Steenkamp | High Jump
SR Erin Farmer | Shot Put, SR Viktoriia Sadokhina | Triple Jump, and JR Calea Carr | Discus Throw

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=211610315
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

Jaylen has made the NCAA finials  in the 100 and 200 meters. Should be one of the favorites in the 100 meter.