Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ballhog™

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 06, 2009, 03:05:51 pm
Did anyone else notice how little emotion was in the voices of the pbp people even though that was a great finish?

its like someone kicked both of them in the nuts
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

98hogs

Clint Alan

GOOD JOB HOG FANS!!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR A GREAT GAME THREAD TODAY. NO BICKERING OR ANY OF THAT CRAP.

RMH= 6-0 NOW AS PBP THREAD GUY

WE'RE GOIN' TO OMAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

jdhogster

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 06, 2009, 03:05:51 pm
Did anyone else notice how little emotion was in the voices of the pbp people even though that was a great finish?

It was like they were let down.....I am just glad we don't have to listen to Pam anymore...Hope they don't give her the CWS schedule

PorcineSublime

Quote from: jdhogster on June 06, 2009, 03:03:47 pm
for everyone who thought they had read the script before, I hope you have a new script in front of you now.  Never give up!  great game
Hey, I'll eat my crow feathers and all, but you have to admit we have had our hearts broken all year this year. 08-09 will go down as the year that sold more prilosec to Hog fans than any other. WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

jfred59

The Heavens have opened up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJHOG

Quote from: Publius on June 06, 2009, 03:05:48 pm
Just heard a stat where FSU was 36-1 when leading after 6 innings...36-2 now
we took two from a very stout team at their place, AGAIN!  that really is quite an accomplishment.

i like the # 7

People say if it flies it dies. Well i say if it just sits there it still dies.

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

imhogwild2

Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Trottsky

What a great game! Thanks all for keeping me posted.

This team can scrap!

jdhogster

Quote from: PorcineSublime on June 06, 2009, 03:07:26 pm
Hey, I'll eat my crow feathers and all, but you have to admit we have had our hearts broken all year this year. 08-09 will go down as the year that sold more prilosec to Hog fans than any other. WPS

It was tough there towards the end of the SEC season....but hey, Crow doesn't taste too bad when you are wrong but the outcome is in your favor

archdlux

razorbackfan86

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 06, 2009, 03:08:27 pm
OMG I CANT SIT STILL RIGHT NOW

I know the feeling.. Great job on the MIC sir.. Now get outta here and go get you some KOBEER!!

hogbalz

In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

PoconoHog

Quote from: PorcineSublime on June 06, 2009, 03:07:26 pm
But would you want it any other way....when the ending FINALLY ends in your favor....
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

swoopeshog

First team in can we be the last team standing!  Go Hogs Go!!!!
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

Publius

Quote from: LJHOG on June 06, 2009, 03:07:57 pm
we took two from a very stout team at their place, AGAIN!  that really is quite an accomplishment.
First team to punch their ticket to Omaha also

Mr. Prozac

snoblind

Here's to hoping this thread stays around until next season

PoormansRobbyHampton

What a great game. We can be sure of two things

1) We own Florida St. in the postseason. It don't matter what they do, they have trouble with us.

2) Winning big in the postseason is so much more important than the regular season. If we win the title, or even make the final series, noone will remember that we stunk the place out in the regular season, just that we had a great postseason, and that's ok with me.

hogginbama

Walked into Buffalo Wild Wings up here in Wisconsin when the game was 5-1, saw the come back to 7-5, sat through the 7-7 tie with 2 on and had to leave. I figured the amount of luck I was bringing them for the day was done. Just got back to the office to find out we won. Damn good job Hogs, great job hogville for keeping us abreast of the game. Damn proud to be a Razorback and looking forward to seeing them in the CWS.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: snoblind on June 06, 2009, 03:09:58 pm
Here's to hoping this thread stays around until next season

Sticky this thread, I don't want it going anywhere!

BSEE78

Quote from: hog.goblin on June 06, 2009, 03:03:09 pm
So glad I didnt turn off the TV...wanted to

Most improbable turnaround since U. S. Reed launched his heave in Austin.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: PoconoHog on June 06, 2009, 03:09:15 pm
But would you want it any other way....when the ending FINALLY ends in your favor....
I couldn't be any happier if we won 17-3.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

josh_sec33

All those in favor of making rmH permanent pbp guy (sorrypocono...you're awesome, but rmH's streak is undeniable)

SAY AYE!

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

jdhogster

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 06, 2009, 03:06:56 pm
GOOD JOB HOG FANS!!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR A GREAT GAME THREAD TODAY. NO BICKERING OR ANY OF THAT CRAP.

RMH= 6-0 NOW AS PBP THREAD GUY

WE'RE GOIN' TO OMAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rub, poco, etc,

Great job this weekend!!!!!

enjoyed hanging out with all of you for this thread!  See you soon.

Come rain or shine, any time, your place or mine, you MUST FEAR THE SWINE!!!!

k.c.hawg

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

ballhog™

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on June 06, 2009, 03:10:40 pm
Sticky this thread, I don't want it going anywhere!

Don't sticky it until we win the CWS...then it goes in the Hall of Fame.

donewithdale

This was huge accomplishment.  This was not a good matchup for us at all.  FSU's lineup is full of great hitters with guys hitting like .370 and .390 at their ballpark which is small.  Thanks to FSU for the walks and errors but our pitchers also made great pitches when they needed.  IMO, FSU will be tougher than a few teams at Omaha for us due to FSUs ability to score. 

HumbDawg

We need a new thread for each game of the CWS... too hard to scroll through all of these pages on a mobile phone!!! 

i like the # 7

Clint Alan

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 06, 2009, 03:09:07 pm
I know the feeling.. Great job on the MIC sir.. Now get outta here and go get you some KOBEER!!

MY WIFE HAS ALREADY FETCHED ME ONE!

i like the # 7

Quote from: HumbDawg on June 06, 2009, 03:12:43 pm
We need a new thread for each game of the CWS... too hard to scroll through all of these pages on a mobile phone!!! 

NEGATIVE GHOST RIDER!

jdhogster

Sorry, I don't think anyone will balk on this one.  Gonna stay around.  Too lucky

zumhog

donewithdale

Quote from: downwitdale on June 06, 2009, 03:03:39 pm
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Way to go hogs!!!!!!!

Don't be a homer dumbass like so many others in this forum.  Not one place did I say the Hogs would lose today nor tomorrow. 

whatsshakinbacon

You don't get it...do you?

PoconoHog

Quote from: josh_sec33 on June 06, 2009, 03:11:05 pm
All those in favor of making rmH permanent pbp guy (sorrypocono...you're awesome, but rmH's streak is undeniable)

SAY AYE!

Quote from: josh_sec33 on June 06, 2009, 03:11:05 pm

SAY AYE!

I'll say AYE......it's all about the HOGS winning.......just happy to be along for the ride....
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

razorbackfan86

To all my Hogville friends...

Being here throughout this season with you guys has been AMAZING.. It's had its highs and its lows.. But none of that matters now.. Our hogs are going "BACK HOME TO OMAHA!!!!" You guys are awesome.. Go out and party tonight CELEBRATE have fun, kick back, get drunk, do whatever it is you do, just have fun!!! I look forward to next week as we continue the dream.. HOGVILLE ROCKS..

Oh yeah I almost forgot......

WE'RE GOING TO OMAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawgin84

itsonlyagame

Poconohog, rubmyhog, appreciate your pbp! It has been a wild ride the last couple of weeks camped out in front of the computer down here in San Antonio. Go hogs!

Earl

I have to admit, I was having a negative thought or two

bsking

Just now go to a computer!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIE

THIS THREAD MUST NEVER DIE.  WE WILL MOVIE IT TO MMQB FOR FOOTBALL SEASON.

1highhog

Great win Hogs!  I usually don't follow baseball much but this game gave me moments of sheer joy and a bad case of ***** at the same time.

lovethosehogs

i am at work till 2100 makes it a much better saturday. plus one to all wps

Hog4Ever09

OMAHA OMAHA OMAHA!!!

I still can't believe that just happened

I love our Diamond Hogs!

bsking

And thank you to everyone who has done PBP all year!  RubmyHog and Pocono you guys are amazing.