Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rank the SEC

Started by three, July 07, 2006, 04:40:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

three

Okay, so, 8 weeks from Saturday the season kicks off.  The first Conference games are on 9/9, with the following match-ups:

Vandy @ Bama
Auburn @ Miss. St.
Georgia @ S. Car.

All the experts are doing it, why not Hogville?  Rank 'em.  Who wins the West?  Who wins the East?  Who beats who in Atlanta?

West                                  East

Alabama                             Florida
Arkansas                             Georgia
Auburn                               Kentucky
LSU                                   South Carolina
Miss. St.                             Tennessee
Ole Miss                              Vandy
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

WILL CLINTON

West
1. Not Arkansas
2. Maybe, but not likely, Arkansas
3. Probably Arkansas
4. Hopefully not Arkansas,
5. Who Cares, one of the miss schools
6. the other miss school. 

East
1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. Tennessee
4. South Carolina
5. KY
6. Vandy
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

TOM "tbw1"

West

Auburn
LSWHO
Alabama
Arkansas
Miss. St.
Ole Miss

East

Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
Tennesee
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

dmhog v2.0

1. Auburn
2. Georgia
3. LSU
4. Florida
5. Tennessee
6. South Carolina
7. Alabama
8. Arkansas
9. Mississippi St.
10. Ole Miss
11. Vanderbilt
12. Kentucky

Richard_white

July 07, 2006, 06:27:00 pm #4 Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 06:33:42 pm by Richard_white
Auburn
LSU
Arkansas
Alabama
Ole Miss
Miss St

Tennessee
Florida
South Carolina
Georgia
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

I also have Tennessee vs Auburn in the Championship game.  I also have South Carolina ahead of Georgia. 

I keep flopping Alabama and Ole Miss.

Atreyu

West

Auburn
Arkansas
LSU
Bama
Ole Miss
Miss St.

East

Florida
Tennessee
Georgia
South Carolina
Vandy
Kentucky
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

nwarazfan

July 07, 2006, 06:50:12 pm #6 Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 07:15:15 pm by nwarazfan
Having not looked at schedules and who plays who where from each division I'll rank the teams but reserve the right to change after schedule reviewing:

1. AU
2. LSU - Miles is in over his head like Nutt and won't last long.  Saban left him too well off though to drop any lower for now.
3. Bama - Kines is still there and Bama always has defense and STs.  I think our fan base is underestimating them and have forgotten how they dominated our OL last year. 
4. Hogs
5. OM
6. Ms St

1. Fl
2. UGa
3. Tenn
4. S Car - Most overrated, overhyped team in the conference and maybe college football
5. UK
6. Vandy

HogFansReunited

Didn't we do this a couple of days ago????
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

GAMECOCKBOY

Quote from: nwarazfan on July 07, 2006, 06:50:12 pm
Having not looked at schedules and who plays who where from each division I'll rank the teams but reserve the right to change after schedule reviewing:

1. AU
2. LSU - Miles is in over his head like Nutt and won't last long.  Saban left him to well off though to drop any lower for now.
3. Bama - Kines is still there and Bama always has defense and STs.  I think our fan base is underestimating them and have forgotten how they dominated our OL last year. 
4. Hogs
5. OM
6. Ms St

1. Fl
2. UGa
3. Tenn
4. S Car - Most overrated, overhyped team in the conference and maybe college football
5. UK
6. Vandy
lol my team overhyped where have u been? out in outer space...the most overrated hype team in the conference and the nation is florida....
MESS WITH THE FEATHERS U SHALL GET SPURED!!!

GOOO GAMECOCKS!!!

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: GAMECOCKBOY on July 07, 2006, 07:10:28 pm

1. AU
2. LSU - Miles is in over his head like Nutt and won't last long.  Saban left him to well off though to drop any lower for now.
4. Hogs
5. OM
6. Ms St

1. Fl
2. UGa
3. Tenn
5. UK
6. Vandy
lol my team overhyped where have u been? out in outer space...the most overrated hype team in the conference and the nation is florida....

I hate to say it but i agree with you.  This team is neither over hyped and to insinuate that a team such as SC with a coach like Spurrier is over hyped, is absolutly flat out - Retarded.

What did he do last year?  Went to a bowl game, his average record in florida was 10-2.  He is gonna be tough and luckily, we play them every year without fail.

nwarazfan

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on July 07, 2006, 07:27:52 pm

1. AU
4. Hogs
5. OM
6. Ms St

1. Fl
2. UGa
3. Tenn
5. UK
6. Vandy

I hate to say it but i agree with you.  This team is neither over hyped and to insinuate that a team such as SC with a coach like Spurrier is over hyped, is absolutly flat out - Retarded.

What did he do last year?  Went to a bowl game, his average record in florida was 10-2.  He is gonna be tough and luckily, we play them every year without fail.

Retarded?  157 yards against the Hogs and take out the two TD plays after Nutt's idiotic mistakes and its about 80 yards.  Yet another blowout loss to Clemson last year for about the 7th or 8th straight time. Until that program stops being 2nd rate in their own state they are just another mediocre SEC program no matter the coach.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: nwarazfan on July 07, 2006, 07:31:24 pm

1. AU
4. Hogs
5. OM
6. Ms St

1. Fl
2. UGa
3. Tenn
5. UK
6. Vandy

Retarded?  157 yards against the Hogs and take out the two TD plays after Nutt's idiotic mistakes and its about 80 yards.  Yet another blowout loss to Clemson last year for about the 7th or 8th straight time. Until that program stops being 2nd rate in their own state they are just another mediocre SEC program no matter the coach.

I disagree, i don't think LSU is overhyped, and we didn't allow them to run all over us.  Georgia last year didn't do amazing against us, yet they were hyped pretty well.  The team deserves the hype after the turn around last year and the possibilities this year. 

I never count against Spurrier and he will succeed there just like he did at Duke.

nwarazfan

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on July 07, 2006, 07:37:05 pm

1. AU
4. Hogs
5. OM
6. Ms St

1. Fl
2. UGa
3. Tenn
5. UK
6. Vandy

I disagree, i don't think LSU is overhyped, and we didn't allow them to run all over us.  Georgia last year didn't do amazing against us, yet they were hyped pretty well.  The team deserves the hype after the turn around last year and the possibilities this year. 

I never count against Spurrier and he will succeed there just like he did at Duke.

I didn't say LSU was overhyped.  And S Car turned what around? They were 6-5 in 04 and 7-5 in 05.  Our loss to them last year was only slightly "better" than recent losses to UK and Vandy.  We heard this about S Car when Holtz took over.  Now we are hearing it with Spurrier.  That program has never done anything. 

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: nwarazfan on July 07, 2006, 07:44:48 pm
I didn't say LSU was overhyped.  And S Car turned what around? They were 6-5 in 04 and 7-5 in 05.  Our loss to them last year was only slightly "better" than recent losses to UK and Vandy.  We heard this about S Car when Holtz took over.  Now we are hearing it with Spurrier.  That program has never done anything. 

Thats the thing, you compared USC to say they didn't do anything against us, so why should they get any hype.  I said, well neither did LSU, or Georgia, so why hype them?  (They got a bunch last year and after LSU's thumping of Miami, they deserve.......some)

USC, has had one year and went bowling.  We didn't.  They played in the same SEC.  He didn't even have his offense installed.  He will be dangerous. 

msudawgs64

Quote from: three on July 07, 2006, 04:40:15 pm
Okay, so, 8 weeks from Saturday the season kicks off.  The first Conference games are on 9/9, with the following match-ups:

Vandy @ Bama
Auburn @ Miss. St.
Georgia @ S. Car.

actually the SEC schedule kicks off on Aug. 31 with South Carolina @ State.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

three

Quote from: msudawgs64 on July 07, 2006, 08:17:22 pm
Quote from: three on July 07, 2006, 04:40:15 pm

Vandy @ Bama
Auburn @ Miss. St.
Georgia @ S. Car.

actually the SEC schedule kicks off on Aug. 31 with South Carolina @ State.
Really??  Must have missed that one when I was looking at the schedule.

my picks:

West:
1) Auburn (however, I believe Arkansas beats them, a game I believe will also be the Tigers ONLY LOSS)
2) LSU (Saban's leftovers still better than most, this team will surprise a lot of people nationally, especially if things start to click for Russell)
3) Arkansas (I think we jump out to a surprising start at 3-0, surprising both Auburn and Bama, where the Hogs will get in trouble is about at the SC game, when teams really start gameplanning for us and stop taking us lightly)
4) Bama (they could leap frog Arkansas, I think it will be a back and forth between Arkansas and Bama all year long)
5 & 6) Ole Miss and MSU, interchangably.

East:

1) South Carolina (year 2 under Spurrier with the most explosive WR in the league coming back for his sophomore season, and the questions in Knoxville, Gainesville, and Athens, I think SC is the surprise team of the year.  Georgia and Florida are at home, though they do have to visit TN.)
2) Florida (Hopefully for the Gators, this is the year Leak becomes the star they were hoping he'd be, and not the very good QB.  He needs to launch himself into National prominence for this team to work because he's lost his top 2 WR, guys who made big, big plays for the Gators a year ago.)
3)  Georgia (Richt's a great coach, and even with a true Freshman as the probable starter at QB, I think they do very well).
4)  Tennessee (They'll be better, but Cutcliffe can't solve all of Fulmer's problems.)
5) Kentucky
6) Vandy 
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

wincrimson

West:

1) Auburn
2) Arkansas
3) LSU
4) Alabama
5) Ole Miss
6) Miss State

East:

1) South Carolina
2) Florida
3) Tennessee
4) Georgia
5) Vandy
6) Kentucky

GAMECOCKBOY

1. AU
4. Hogs
5. OM
6. Ms St

1. Fl
2. UGa
3. Tenn
5. UK
6. Vandy

i agree we do need to become more consistant ...but get your facts right we beat clemson last in 2001 and last year gamecock against clemson we lost 13-9...

GOOO GAMECOCKS!!!

hogfan064

1. AU
4. Hogs
5. OM
6. Ms St

1. Fl
2. UGa
3. Tenn
5. UK
6. Vandy

Is 13-9 really a blowout loss.  It took a late TD for CLemson to win the game.   One thing you need to realize is that while USC might be mediocre they have beaten Arkansas 2 straight years.  Unfortunately we've slowly fallen behind the Gamecocks.  Just look at the recruiting class they already have brought in for next year. 

Just ask yourself this.  Who would you rather have?  Spurrier or Nutt?   The Hogs better shape up or losing to USC is going to become as common as losing to LSU.

And I don't think USC is overrated. Most every magazine in the country has them finishing 4th in the SEC East.  USC hasn't finished below 4th since 1999 and last year they finished 2nd in the East.

hogfan064

My predictions

West

1. Auburn-Good at almost every position
2. Arkansas-we beat LSU at The Rock
3. LSU-Loads of talent, but Miles finds a couple games to lose
4. Alabama-New QB will hurt
5. Ole Miss-I think they become bowl elgible at 6-6
6. MSU-When is Croom going to be on the hotseat?

East

1. Florida-Best QB in the league and they're due to win the east
2. USC-They get both UT and UGA at home, plus easy road games at UK, VU, MSU
3. UGA-Will slip a slight bit with a new QB
4. UT-Cutcliffe won't be a miracle worker like some think
5. UK-better than some are giving them credit for
6. VU-Back to the Dores of old

SEC Championship

Auburn beats Florida

idochog

West:

1. Auburn
2 (TIE) LSU, Arkansas
3. Bama
4. Miss
5. Miss St

East

1 (TIE) Florida, Georgia
2. Tennessee
3. South Carolina (Not enough Spurrier players yet)
4. Kentucky
5. Vandy (HDN BY GOSH BETTER BEAT THEM)
I love Jesus!

GAMECOCKBOY

July 08, 2006, 08:52:16 am #21 Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 11:56:25 pm by GAMECOCKBOY
i know anything can happen....i think it will take a few years before we go to atlanta....but then again who knows i could be suprised....i was happy last year if we finished winning atleast 6 games and going to a bowl...i like us being in the 4th spot...we arent expected to do anything to the big 3...until we become consistant in winning and beating the big 3 we will stay in the 4th spot...well yall lets play some football i am ready....

GOOO GAMECOCKS!!!

idochog

Quote from: GAMECOCKBOY on July 08, 2006, 08:52:16 am
i know anything can happen....i think it will take a few years before we go to atlanta....but then again who knows i could be suprised....i was happy last year if we finished winning atleast 66 games and going to a bowl...i like us being in the 4th spot...we arent expected to do anything to the big 3...until we become consistant in winning and beating the big 3 we will stay in the 4th spot...well yall lets play some football i am ready....

Yeah, Spurrier the  is definately X factor.  Spurrier even turned DUKE into a winner in football and last year Spurrier proved he can defeat SEC teams with a winning recored which is something HDN hasnt done in 3 years
I love Jesus!