Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HDN on kait8 sports interview in Jonesboro tonight at 6

Started by hog caller, July 06, 2006, 06:41:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog caller

it balance that wins games and we have dmac hillis and jones and monk to make that happen  and they showed highlits of MM throwing td's to D williams and Highlights of monk catching Td's last year from Casey. end of interview. what are your thoughts on this one

Macgyver Hawg

He's right, and if he really believes that and allows it to happen he'll win.

hog caller

i agree. he had Mulzhans picture on the entire interview in the background at Springdale. maybe it's his way of saying he's letting Gus do his thing.

HawgnDos

Quote from: hog caller on July 06, 2006, 06:41:53 pm
it balance that wins games and we have dmac hillis and jones and monk to make that happen  and they showed highlits of MM throwing td's to D williams and Highlights of monk catching Td's last year from Casey. end of interview. what are your thoughts on this one
Does balance mean handing off to Dmac, Jones, and Hillis an equal number of times?  Heck, didn't we play that game last year?  Worked out real good then too, huh!
Wait a minute, I'm not a darksider!

Pork Twain

You're right it will never change.  Why should we give it a chance???
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hog caller

well he seemed really vague but let the replays do the talking for him i think. with Gus in charge of the offence and all the plays shown were passes. biut i don't put anything past him.

HawgnDos

I was just kidding with that.  I know that things are going to open up but the studs are going to get their due too!

HoopS

nm

3kgthog

The only balance Nutt knows is 9 straight runs to the right followed by 9 straight runs to the left. I might just rip off my shirt and pull an Orgeron if we actually see a screen pass or a pass over the middle to someone other than Monk. So if you see a guy in the SEZ outdoor club that's terrifying old ladies and yankees on their cell phones, that'd be me.

JIHawg

Gus has semi-promised four long passes a game.  That's four times as many as we threw in any game the last four years.  Last year, the post-Matt era, Nutt and Wittke could not get a passing game going, for whatever reason.  Gus is a true offensive genius, and Alex has been an offensive coordinator in the NFL for several years.  If these two guys can't get a passing game going, then we might as well just quit playing football.

Translation:  We will finally have a passing game.  Bet on it.  Therefore, balance.

HoopS

July 06, 2006, 09:50:37 pm #10 Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 06:50:08 am by hoophogs
nm

Hawgon

How many times has HDN promised to open it up before?  How many times has he talked about balance?  How many times has he done those things only to revert to running the same 4 plays when things got tight?  Call me when he does something different.  Until then, it is just more talk like always.

Landonhog

Quote from: Hawgon on July 07, 2006, 07:34:11 am
How many times has HDN promised to open it up before?  How many times has he talked about balance?  How many times has he done those things only to revert to running the same 4 plays when things got tight?  Call me when he does something different.  Until then, it is just more talk like always.

How many times have we hired and OC...  I hate to rain on your shite parade, but changes have been made. All we can do is wait and watch.  Relax. 

idochog

My biggest problem is when HDN talks about a passing game, he always has to go way back to the 1998/99 seasons to say he believes in a passing game.  Kinda bothersome to me.
I love Jesus!