Previous topic - Next topic

Atreyu

1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

Ridgerunnerpiggie

Calvin N Hawgs

I like that version.  Kind of "Old School"!!!

Atreyu

Maybe it's just me, but I like the cymbals crashing on the newer sounding version.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

MR.SOOIEESIDE

"Nothing is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientous stupidity." - MLK

Oklahawg

That is a version from the mid- to late-70s. It is not the full marching band performing, I believe, but a smaller ensemble. The recording is inside vs. outside for most of the marching band recordings of the 80s and early 90s (can't say about more recent efforts).

Because its recorded inside it is a "flatter" sound. This is the version of the fight song with a "tag" ending. The tag hasn't been used since about 1978. It went away about the time "New Fight" was written, combining the Fight Song with elements of "Arkansas Traveler".

Compare: http://www.fightmusic.com/. You'll have to snoop around a bit to find UA's fight song.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hogfan13

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 06, 2006, 11:44:29 am
Compare: http://www.fightmusic.com/. You'll have to snoop around a bit to find UA's fight song.
Way Ahead of You. I already have this bookmarked http://www.fightmusic.com/sec.html

hogfan13

When the song first starts. It sounds like the Razorback band at Lady'Back Basketball games

Hog Belly

Unsure what he was getting at, but it sounds great to me! Go Hogs!

rzrbaxfan

I found a CD about 10 years ago called "TOUCHDOWN!  Greatest College Fight Songs" in the cheap bin at a local record store.  It has most every SEC school on it.  The jacket of the CD says that all of the songs on the CD are performed by Florida State's Marching Band.

I've listened to the CD and the myspace file several times and I can't tell much of a difference. Not that it matters, I like it anyway!

Here's another tid bit I found.  I have a book on the history of the marching band.  The original sheet music for the fight song, with lyrics, are printed in it.  The original version has one slight change over the one we know today.  We know "For its AAARKANSAS for Arkansas, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!", but the original had "For its AAARKANSAS for Arkansas, We'll FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!".  Found that interesting.

werehog

How many of you old timers miss the Razorback band playing Dixie after every Arkansas touchdown. Tradition bows to political correctness in one of the early salvos of the PC wars.

Ilikthiskindaparty

I started going to the games in Fayetteville in the early 60s.It would give me chill bumps to hear Dixie played during the game.Old times there are not forgotton.
I'm going to be here all day.

Hoghead

July 07, 2006, 09:37:13 am #12 Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 07:47:38 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: werehog on July 07, 2006, 04:41:41 am
How many of you old timers miss the Razorback band playing Dixie after every Arkansas touchdown. Tradition bows to political correctness in one of the early salvos of the PC wars.

No more Dixie! It makes me think of picking cotton for 5 cents a pound and smiling with watermelon in my Hand!