Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas primed to build the 2019 recruiting class

Started by jbcarol, February 11, 2018, 09:20:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Richard Davenport
‏ @ArRecruitingGuy

Graphic communication helps coaches reach targets: While the offensive coordinator at Clemson, Chad Morris was exposed to the Tigers' aggressive recruiting tactics on social media. He's brought a similar approach as the coach of the University of... http://dlvr.it/QFv2Ly
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jgphillips3

Obviously, results matter and only time will tell, but I think we now have a coach with the offensive mind of Petrino, a real DC and a staff that will work tirelessly on recruiting.  We may or may not ever win a title, but I think lots of fun, winning seasons are on the horizon.

liljo

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 11, 2018, 10:11:41 am
Obviously, results matter and only time will tell, but I think we now have a coach with the offensive mind of Petrino, a real DC and a staff that will work tirelessly on recruiting.  We may or may not ever win a title, but I think lots of fun, winning seasons are on the horizon.

Yes sir, you bet!
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

hawginbigd1

I believe this 2019 class could be one of those game changers for us like a 2006 could have been before Nutt and Malzahn blew it up, or more closely like the 2008 class was for Petrino. Still think the 2008 class is the best in- state crop ever!

IMO there could easily be 8-9 legitimate SEC players from in-state, we need them all to stay home.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

BILLYBOB

BOLD PREDICTION: The Hogs 2019 class will rank between 25th - 35th nationally...and 9th - 12th in the SEC.

Just watch. I have a gift.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

Vantage 8 dude

February 14, 2018, 12:50:34 pm #6 Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:07:26 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: BILLYBOB on February 14, 2018, 03:55:06 am
BOLD PREDICTION: The Hogs 2019 class will rank between 25th - 35th nationally...and 9th - 12th in the SEC.

Well it's been written that both Typhoid Mary and Bernie Madoff had a "gift". However, not sure we'd all necessarily appreciate such. So you might want to soft peddle that particular aspect of your wondrous talents.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BILLYBOB on February 14, 2018, 03:55:06 am

naw, man. Top 20 Nationally. Around 15th in fact. THATS bold.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas
‏ @SECCountryHogs

East Texas recruits will soon find Arkansas to be far more realistic option  #WPS http://sec.news/2o6Lyse

jbcarol

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas
‏ @SECCountryHogs

Top Arkansas WR target planning to be on campus soon  #WPS http://sec.news/2obPFTU

https://247sports.com/Player/TQ-Jackson-46039880

ballinhog

I'm gonna be bold and say our 19 class finishes 17th or better, using 247's composite.

I do admit I'm getting very itchy for our first commit

jbcarol

King Kong

Quote from: ballinhog on February 17, 2018, 08:03:37 am
I'm gonna be bold and say our 19 class finishes 17th or better, using 247's composite.

I do admit I'm getting very itchy for our first commit

That's a bold statement. Hope you are correct

ballinhog

farmhawg

Hard not to be excited with our staff's work.
I love this staff.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

King Kong

liljo

Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

ballinhog

Quote from: King Kong on February 21, 2018, 07:35:00 pm
Considering it has never happened. Yes it is.

Seems you're digging way too hard for something to disagree with. Probably not, as in we probably won't finish 17th or higher. I wasn't saying it's probably not a bold statement.

King Kong

Quote from: ballinhog on February 22, 2018, 05:19:57 am
Seems you're digging way too hard for something to disagree with. Probably not, as in we probably won't finish 17th or higher. I wasn't saying it's probably not a bold statement.

Not digging for something to disagree with. Just understood the probably not in a different way than you meant. But now I understand after your more detailed post of what you meant

Hawgboy64

Aggressive recruiting, aggressive offense with an aggressive defense, everything I've wanted for a long time.
Sounds like the good times under Nolan.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

Tusks

If the hogs win 8 games next year then I predict a recruiting class ranked between 15 to 18.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Looks like Marcus Miller DT from Warren has been offered.

311Hog

the instate crop and possible regional interest (Gunnel) if we were to land em all my bold prediction is a top 10 top 15 recruiting class.

There is real program changing talent in state in 2019.

ricepig

Quote from: 311Hog on February 22, 2018, 09:49:54 am
the instate crop and possible regional interest (Gunnel) if we were to land em all my bold prediction is a top 10 top 15 recruiting class.

There is real program changing talent in state in 2019.

I can guarantee we won't land them all, hopefully we land enough of them to start building what Morris wants.

311Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2018, 09:51:38 am
I can guarantee we won't land them all, hopefully we land enough of them to start building what Morris wants.
that is why i called it a bold prediction. Often our problem is that the state doesn't provide the talent.  That isn't the problem for 2019.

If Morris goes out there next season and kills it, i could see us getting these kids and they are in a variety of positions which is even more rare for the state.

ballinhog

Quote from: King Kong on February 22, 2018, 06:07:46 am
Not digging for something to disagree with. Just understood the probably not in a different way than you meant. But now I understand after your more detailed post of what you meant

Yea I knew you misunderstood, I just felt like being an a hole lol apologies

ricepig

Quote from: 311Hog on February 22, 2018, 09:53:32 am
that is why i called it a bold prediction. Often our problem is that the state doesn't provide the talent.  That isn't the problem for 2019.

If Morris goes out there next season and kills it, i could see us getting these kids and they are in a variety of positions which is even more rare for the state.
Several are making their decisions before their Sr season begins, so it will have to be based on more than what we do during the season. I know they aren't signed if they're committed elsewhere, but don't we want our guys to keep their commitment's? I figure at best, we'll get 5 out of the current 7 in-state offers, just the way it goes these days. I hope I'm wrong, though, lol.

ballinhog

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2018, 09:32:51 am
Looks like Marcus Miller DT from Warren has been offered.

Yup just seen that. 247 shows him with an offer from us.

ballinhog

I have no idea who they're talking about because it's a pay article but 247 says there's 3 on commitment watch this weekend

311Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2018, 10:00:32 am
Several are making their decisions before their Sr season begins, so it will have to be based on more than what we do during the season. I know they aren't signed if they're committed elsewhere, but don't we want our guys to keep their commitment's? I figure at best, we'll get 5 out of the current 7 in-state offers, just the way it goes these days. I hope I'm wrong, though, lol.

Yeah getting all is unlikely in any scenario.

As long as we get Burks, i will be happy.  Burks is an absolute must get.

#1 STUNNA

was only a matter of time before Miller from Warren was offered. Have been saying it for a while now... 6'4 295... knee injury was the only thing that was gonna possibly keep him from getting offerd.

ricepig

Quote from: ballinhog on February 22, 2018, 10:04:13 am
I have no idea who they're talking about because it's a pay article but 247 says there's 3 on commitment watch this weekend

Not a 24/7 subscriber, but my guess, Williams(JTR), Clay, and Jackson.

#1 STUNNA

Thats gotta help our chances with Burks as they are close friends.

hillbilly

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 22, 2018, 10:20:05 am
was only a matter of time before Miller from Warren was offered. Have been saying it for a while now... 6'4 295... knee injury was the only thing that was gonna possibly keep him from getting offerd.
I was just as impressed with him as I was with Burks when we played Warren in the playoffs. Both of them were so big and physical, they stood out every play.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: hillbilly on February 22, 2018, 10:27:11 am
I was just as impressed with him as I was with Burks when we played Warren in the playoffs. Both of them were so big and physical, they stood out every play.

If he would actually make a highlight film he would have plenty offers from alot of big schools.

hillbilly

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on February 22, 2018, 10:34:34 am
If he would actually make a highlight film he would have plenty offers from alot of big schools.
I hope he doesn't, just have them both commit to Arkansas and not worry about all that other stuff! :)

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: hillbilly on February 22, 2018, 10:36:50 am
I hope he doesn't, just have them both commit to Arkansas and not worry about all that other stuff! :)

The most low key kids ive really ever seen... most kids are all over social media and promoting theirselves... not these kids... They are top notch kids that would rather be hog hunting or playing sports.

#1 STUNNA

ballinhog

ricepig

Quote from: ballinhog on February 22, 2018, 01:03:40 pm
I figured so, thanks

I'm not predicting any, but those are some being mentioned as possible commits.

ballinhog

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2018, 01:06:49 pm
I'm not predicting any, but those are some being mentioned as possible commits.

Those 3 would be a good start. Maybe even a great start.

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas
‏ @SECCountryHogs

Arkansas recruiting mailbag: Analyzing the Hogs' top recruiting needs  #WPS http://sec.news/2ojEUzA

jbcarol

February 23, 2018, 04:19:06 pm #45 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:24:43 am by jbcarol
SEC Country Arkansas
‏ @SECCountryHogs

Arkansas staff focusing on selling product current recruits will buy  #WPS http://sec.news/2Cdp5TC

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol