Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Posting on hogville

Started by Lanny, November 10, 2017, 07:14:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

We don't censor opinions on here, I encourage everyone to post their opinion and enjoy reading your post but"........

We must maintain civility, I'm tired of seeing posters calling others names.
Post count has zero bearing on what someone post, we have several posters that only post when they are trying to inform others.

Let's encourage each one to discuss about their favorite sport, we don't have to agree but when you derail a thread or comment negatively about someone, you're gone.

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

userpick

Thank God for saying this. If all someone has to brag about is a post count, you need new hobbies.

BR

November 10, 2017, 07:19:18 am #2 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:32:30 am by BR
Quote from: userpick on November 10, 2017, 07:16:58 am
Thank God for saying this. If all someone has to brag about is a post count, you need new hobbies.

NEED to combine all the Threads about Long:  Then Combine all Threads about BOT:   Eliminate the Clutter
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

hogmolar

Quote from: BR on November 10, 2017, 07:19:18 am
Brag about is???  Or maybe His?  Or maybe Hers?  Not sure

NEED to combine all the Threads about Long:  Then Combine all Threads about BOT:   Eliminate the Clutter
read it again. The sentence is correct. Be part of the solution not the problem.

BR

Quote from: hogmolar on November 10, 2017, 07:30:47 am
read it again. The sentence is correct. Be part of the solution not the problem.
You are correct sir....
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: userpick on November 10, 2017, 07:16:58 am

I think his point is the opinion of those with a low post count is dismissed by those who do nothing but live on this site.  I have seen it suggested many times a poster be required to have a minimum of "X" posts before they can start a thread.  In other words, newbies not allowed.

The Kig

Quote from: BR on November 10, 2017, 07:19:18 am

Then there would only be about 3 threads. 
Poker Porker

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Lanny on November 10, 2017, 07:14:52 am
We don't censor opinions on here, I encourage everyone to post their opinion and enjoy reading your post but"........

We must maintain civility, I'm tired of seeing posters calling others names.
Post count has zero bearing on what someone post, we have several posters that only post when they are trying to inform others.

Let's encourage each one to discuss about their favorite sport, we don't have to agree but when you derail a thread or comment negatively about someone, you're gone.

Thanks and much appreciated, Lanny!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Cylinder

Thanks Lanny. I tend to read a ton more than I post as well.

Wild Boarnado

"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

twistitup

I agree...we can disagree without being hateful -
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

moses_007

I agree Lanny.  You may disagree with someone, and it's okay to tell them you disagree, if you say it in a nice way.  I think calling another poster an idiot or embecile or POS is what Lanny is talking about. 

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

alohawg

Quote from: moses_007 on November 10, 2017, 01:40:34 pm
I agree Lanny.  You may disagree with someone, and it's okay to tell them you disagree, if you say it in a nice way.  I think calling another poster an idiot or embecile or POS is what Lanny is talking about. 

Happens all too frequently and unfortunately nothing happens if the offending poster throws out an insulting label the right people may personally agree with.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

moses_007

Quote from: alohawg on November 10, 2017, 01:53:42 pm
Happens all too frequently and unfortunately nothing happens if the offending poster throws out an insulting label the right people may personally agree with.
I see insulting posts here quite often, and everytime I see one, I report it to a moderator.  Whether the moderator/administrators do anything about it I don't know, but I'll continue to report insults when I see them.  The moderators may be tired of all my reports...lol

bosshog84

No name calling... dilly, dilly