Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did we eat well today or not???

Started by Boarcephus, February 28, 2016, 11:36:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Fired up the egg and loaded it down with this.  Added a baked potato and we ate like kings!
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

That's a lot for two........looks good, now it's time for lunch!

BR

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 28, 2016, 11:36:35 am
Fired up the egg and loaded it down with this.  Added a baked potato and we ate like kings!
That a boy, looks awesome...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ImHogginIt

Looks great but seafood always gives me a major gout flare up  :(

PorkRinds

I hate seafood, but I'd at least give it a whirl.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on February 28, 2016, 11:54:48 am
That's a lot for two........looks good, now it's time for lunch!

Yes it is!  We have shrimp left over but the great thing about shrimp is it's good for a couple days.  I'll stick some in my lunch this week.  We've come to the conclusion if you're going to fire it up, fill it  up. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DDD

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 28, 2016, 06:06:26 pm
Yes it is!  We have shrimp left over but the great thing about shrimp is it's good for a couple days.  I'll stick some in my lunch this week.  We've come to the conclusion if you're going to fire it up, fill it  up. 

And really, shrimp is like popcorn, you can eat all you want, right??

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 28, 2016, 06:06:26 pm

solid plan

wilyhawg

I've shied away from lobster tails since ruining a batch a few years back on my first try. Please give me some tips and I'll try to shake those lobster jitters. I'm comfortable with everything else on my egg but haven't had the nerve to invest in another disaster.

Boarcephus

Quote from: wilyhawg on February 29, 2016, 10:13:28 am
I've shied away from lobster tails since ruining a batch a few years back on my first try. Please give me some tips and I'll try to shake those lobster jitters. I'm comfortable with everything else on my egg but haven't had the nerve to invest in another disaster.

It's really pretty easy.  I split them and baste them with a garlic/butter mix and season them with a Zatarain's Pro Boil Seasoning.  It's used mainly for crawfish boils be we like the flavor and use it for our seasoning.  Heat the egg up to 325 or so and I start off meat side down for a few minutes then flip and re-baste.  The butter basting will cause a flare up so be careful.  I keep a pretty good eye on them and turn them every few minutes till they're done. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

wilyhawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 29, 2016, 10:46:16 am
It's really pretty easy.  I split them and baste them with a garlic/butter mix and season them with a Zatarain's Pro Boil Seasoning.  It's used mainly for crawfish boils be we like the flavor and use it for our seasoning.  Heat the egg up to 325 or so and I start off meat side down for a few minutes then flip and re-baste.  The butter basting will cause a flare up so be careful.  I keep a pretty good eye on them and turn them every few minutes till they're done. 

Thank you Boarcephus and I love that name! I go back a long way with the Hogs and Hank.

Boarcephus

Quote from: wilyhawg on March 01, 2016, 01:41:46 pm
Thank you Boarcephus and I love that name! I go back a long way with the Hogs and Hank.

You're more than welcome.  What was on egg was bought at Sam's Saturday.  I buy the U15 shrimp in the back of the meat department where you get the big scallops, lobster tails, crab legs, etc.  and shell and devein them myself.  Those things are supposed to be 15 shrimp to the pound, thus the U15 rating, and I bought a 2 pound bag so theoretically there should have been 30 shrimp.  I was curious so this time I counted and, I'll be darned,  I had exactly 30 shrimp!

You're exactly right, came up with Boarcephus straight from Hank Jr! 

vol_in_ar

Sam's ain't givin you 31 shrimp for the price of 30  :-)