Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Mans Burnt Ends

Started by BR, January 08, 2016, 10:42:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Poor Mans Burnt Ends ( My Masterbuilt Electric Smoker Facebook website)
I started with a 4lb & 2lb Chuck Roast. Rub generously with BR's Tiki Bar Rub . Will be smoking at 250 to an internal of 185.  Some Apple & Cherry in the Amazing Tray for the smoke...

Directions
Start with a 3 pound Chuck Roast. Rub generously with your favorite rub. Smoke at 225 to an internal of 185. It should be just before falling apart tender. Pull and let rest for 30 minutes. Cube into 3/4 pieces with a sharp knife. Place in a foil pan and add just enough BBQ sauce to toss and coat the meat. Less is more. You only want the meat coated in sauce. Sprinkle again with rub and back in the smoker at 250 for an hour to 1 1/2 hours. When done the pieces should melt in your mouth!

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

PorkRinds

That's funny, P-hog and I had a conversation about this a week or so ago.  I made them and it worked out pretty well.  Not as tender as I would have liked, but really good. Next time I'll follow your directions.  I pulled the roast a bit early I think.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BR

Now some more Rub and Sauce added, back in Smoker for an hour or so...

BR

zane

RIP LSUfan

Boog41

DeltaBoy

Great Idea BR! I will have to try this one.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 11, 2016, 11:31:15 am
Great Idea BR! I will have to try this one.

It won't work with chicken. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

DeltaBoy

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 15, 2016, 08:47:17 am
LOL  I deserved that one.

I was just teasing. I think I read a thread saying you have been cooking a lot of pork butts. You can do this same cook with a pork butt if you wanna try something different than pulled pork.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 15, 2016, 10:54:15 am
I was just teasing. I think I read a thread saying you have been cooking a lot of pork butts. You can do this same cook with a pork butt if you wanna try something different than pulled pork.

I know; my HEB kept Bone in Pork shoulder roast in stock and on sale every week since Thanksgiving. I going to buy two more come Payday.  I might try this Burnt ends with one.