Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fire Pits?

Started by HawgWild, December 16, 2015, 03:22:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

I've got an old cast iron chiminea with a steel pan that's on it's last legs. I saw some really nice fire pits down in Fairhope last year but the shipping charge is right at $200 for delivery to central Arkansas. (see link below)

You guys have fire pits that you can recommend?

http://ssfirepits.com/

DeltaBoy

Check at Lowes or Home Depot and True Value Hardware.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog_Swanson

I bought one from Wal-Mart 8 years ago and it is still going strong. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

PharmacistHog

They usually have some at congo stove in benton and I think I've seen them at bass pro, too.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

BR

Mine... Took a tractor Tire rim, cut out middle, welded a bottom on it...  Around 3' x3' , Hammocks & 2 Swings around it.. Wireless outdoor speakers and lights all hooked up to it..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Boarcephus

Now thats a fire pit!!    Wouldn't expect any less from you BR!
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PorkRinds

My fire pit...

*this isn't mine, but mine is exactly the same.

HawgWild

December 17, 2015, 08:28:42 am #7 Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:41:02 am by HawgWild
I expected nothing less than a Cadillac fire pit from you BR.  ;D

I've got a regular ole rock fire pit down by the lake but it doesn't get near the use of the one up by the house. I guess no one wants to be that far from the fridge/bathroom. The one I'm needing to replace was bought at Lowes 10+ years ago. I should have taken better care by keeping the ashes out and the top lid on the chimney but I didn't. All the ones I've seen there since are not as well made. The one I saw at Fairhope was built using 1/4" steel plate from gas storage tanks. They said it "would last longer than you or I".

Nice. Did you build that PR?

PorkRinds

Quote from: HawgWild on December 17, 2015, 08:28:42 am
I expected nothing less than a Cadillac fit pit from you BR.  ;D

I've got a regular ole rock fire pit down by the lake but it doesn't get near the use of the one up by the house. I guess no one wants to be that far from the fridge/bathroom. The one I'm needing to replace was bought at Lowes 10+ years ago. I should have taken better care by keeping the ashes out and the top lid on the chimney but I didn't. All the ones I've seen there since are not as well made. The one I saw at Fairhope was built using 1/4" steel plate from gas storage tanks. They said it "would last longer than you or I".

Nice. Did you build that PR?

I designed it, but my good buddy is a welder and he made it happen.

Wildhog

Yeah, that's really cool.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

DeltaBoy

Nice Pits Gentlemen.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.