Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas EXPRESS * 2012 Pre-Season Collegiate Team *

Started by Arkansas EXPRESS Baseball, January 02, 2012, 05:08:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansas EXPRESS Baseball

January 02, 2012, 05:08:29 pm Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:10:23 pm by Arkansas EXPRESS Baseball
For Immediate Release:

The Arkansas EXPRESS Baseball program announces its 2012 Pre-Season All-Collegiate Team including Pitcher of the Year, Hitter of the Year and Player of the Year awards.

All players listed are former Arkansas EXPRESS players.

The Arkansas EXPRESS Baseball program is the elite showcase baseball program in the state of Arkansas and one of the top programs in the Mid-South. The EXPRESS have sent over 100 players to college baseball in the last 3 years including 22 to Division 1. The EXPRESS had 8 current players sign a National Letter of Intent to play Division 1 baseball in the 2011 Early Signing Period.

2012 Pre-Season All-Collegiate Team

Pitchers:

DJ  Baxendale – JR.  University of Arkansas
Nathan Eller – JR.  Henderson State University
Andrew Hohn – SO.  University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Bryce Biggerstaff – SO.  University of Central Arkansas
Chris Oliver – FR.  University of Arkansas

Infielders:

Justin Treece – SO.  Crowder College
Mitchell Powers – JR.  University of the Ozarks
Griffin Glaude – FR.  University of Central Arkansas
Tony Sandifer – FR.  Crowder College

Outfielders:

Ethan Harris – JR.  University of Central Arkansas
Logan Pearson – FR.  Crowder College
Madison Beaird – JR.  Arkansas Tech University

Catcher:

Stuart Levy – FR.  Arkansas State University

Pitcher of the Year:  DJ Baxendale JR.  University of Arkansas
Hitter of the Year:  Mitchell Powers JR.  University of the Ozarks

Player of the Year:  DJ Baxendale JR.  University of Arkansas

A native of Jacksonville, Ark., Baxendale finished his sophomore season with a 10-2 record, three saves and a 1.58 ERA in 19 appearances, including 12 starts. A second-team All-SEC selection, Baxendale became the first Razorback to record double-digit wins in a season since Nick Schmidt in 2007 and his 1.58 ERA was the fifth-best single-season ERA in program history and ranked him 10th nationally. Baxendale finished the year strong, winning five of his last six starts, including throwing eight shutout innings in a win over New Mexico in the Tempe Regional of the NCAA Tournament. Baxendale was named to the Tempe Regional All-Tournament Team after his performance against the Lobos.

Entering his junior season, Baxendale has a 10-4 career record with 10 saves and a 2.41 ERA in 48 appearances, including 15 starts. Baxendale's career ERA currently ranks him fifth in school history, while his 10 saves is tied for seventh in school annals. Baxendale has thrown 145.2 innings, striking out 121 and holding opposing hitters to a .248 batting average.

Baxendale  played for the Y-D Red Sox in the Summer of 2010 and was named Y-D Pitcher of the Year. In the summer of 2011, Baxendale darned the red, white and blue of Team USA. He finished second on the team in strikeouts.

Baxendale was recently named a Pre-Season All-American by Louisville Slugger, Collegiate Baseball and the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA)

ucahogfan

Just a question, who were the 8 players to sign D-1 in the fall of 2011 and where?  Thank you in advance.

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Blake Baxendale - Arkansas
Garrett Rucker - Arkansas
Josh Alberius - Arkansas
Teddy Stankeiwitz - Arkansas
Willie Schwanke - Arkansas
Trey Killian - Arkansas
Joe Paulino - UALR
Clayton Booth - UCA

* Ethan Garlington - Nebraska

* Spring 2012 Signee

ucahogfan

Wow, a lot of talent on that team.  Does Hunter Wood play on the team as well?

Hunter Wood played with the EXPRESS also.

He committed to Arkansas but has since committed to Howard.

This group of players were very talented and alot of fun to coach !

Several other team members have committed to JUCO's.

OnTheHillHogFan

Does Matt Burgess stil play with the express? He is going to Crowder.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Sueie

Is Howard a juco or did he go to another 4 year school?  I heard that he was looking at a college in Texas and possibly one in Arizona.  Did Petrino sign anywhere yet?

ucahogfan

Quote from: Sueie on January 02, 2012, 06:21:53 pm
Is Howard a juco or did he go to another 4 year school?  I heard that he was looking at a college in Texas and possibly one in Arizona.  Did Petrino sign anywhere yet?
I'm pretty sure Howard is a JC in Texas that is normally a top 2-3 team in the JUCO ranks every year.  Bleeker transfered there last year and I think Kreder played there.  It is a solid program that has a ton of talent.  I think the reason Wood didn't sign with us is a learning disability hurt him make the ACT score to get qualified.

PintailKiller

Quote from: Sueie on January 02, 2012, 06:21:53 pm

Howard is in Big Spring, TX I do believe.