Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stumbled across a website

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, July 14, 2015, 07:17:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

This may be old news but do not remember seeing it talked about here before.

I came across http://www.winsipedia.com/ while researching head to head competition of Arkansas against various SEC teams.

This is the link for Ark vs Ole Miss.  http://www.winsipedia.com/arkansas/vs/ole-miss

It let's you pick two teams and gives a very detailed breakdown of their head to head history and some decent stats and graphics.  Also compares the overall histories of the programs, such as total bowl appearances, bowl wins etc and how the teams rank in those categories vs the rest of the FBS.  You can scroll across the graph to see individual game results including location of the game.

Some of you diehards probably already know about the site,  but thought I would share since we are in the dog days of summer and it's too dam hot to do anything outside.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 14, 2015, 07:17:54 pm

I came across http://www.winsipedia.com/ while researching head to head competition of Arkansas against various SEC teams.

This is the link for Ark vs Ole Miss.  http://www.winsipedia.com/arkansas/vs/ole-miss

It let's you pick two teams and gives a very detailed breakdown of their head to head history and some decent stats and graphics.  Also compares the overall histories of the programs, such as total bowl appearances, bowl wins etc and how the teams rank in those categories vs the rest of the FBS.  You can scroll across the graph to see individual game results including location of the game.

Some of you diehards probably already know about the site,  but thought I would share since we are in the dog days of summer and it's too dam hot to do anything outside.

Here's another one that allows you to sort to a greater degree across all of college football and going way, way, way back.

http://www.stassen.com/
Go Hogs Go!

ZERO

I found winsipedia a couple of months ago and I've been killing time on it ever since. I'm a huge junkie for stats and trivia.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Augustus

Nice finds. I'll be bookmarking these! +1 to the both of you!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Augustus on July 14, 2015, 07:23:39 pm
Nice finds. I'll be bookmarking these! +1 to the both of you!

And if you are interested in NFL draft history by school, there may not be any better than,

http://www.drafthistory.com/
Go Hogs Go!

Laughing Hog

The 'RECORD (WINNING %)' graph on our page is a really good graphic
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 14, 2015, 07:17:54 pm

That's a pretty cool web site. Nice graphics.
Go Hogs Go!

SquidBilly

I'm gonna be honest, when I saw the thread title and the name of the poster who started it I looked to make sure the kids weren't in the room before I opened it.

Pigsknuckles

Fine resource. For me though, the one Arkansas/Ole Miss stat that haunts me is that Vandy was 3-1 against Nutts Ole Miss, while we were 2-2. The loss at RRS in 2008 was heartbreaking. Got some of it back in the 2010 Thunder Bowl, but the damage was already done.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

SquidBilly

Vandy seemed to be an Achilles heel for Nutt here and at Ole Miss.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Bret Squealema on July 14, 2015, 08:39:43 pm

I admit I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Nutt upset interviews following a Vandy loss.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Bret Squealema on July 14, 2015, 08:39:43 pm

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on July 14, 2015, 08:42:59 pm
I admit I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Nutt upset interviews following a Vandy loss.

I seriously think HDN had an "I hope THEY don't beat" complex that lead him to choke against teams we were favored to beat, but I think it was fueled by his ability to slay giants that he wasn't supposed to be able to slay as well... An incredibly simple and complex human being. I would love to interview him sometime. I bet I could get the real deal from him...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on July 14, 2015, 09:56:46 pm
I seriously think HDN had an "I hope THEY don't beat" complex that lead him to choke against teams we were favored to beat, but I think it was fueled by his ability to slay giants that he wasn't supposed to be able to slay as well... An incredibly simple and complex human being. I would love to interview him sometime. I bet I could get the real deal from him...

A team feeds off the personality and attitude that the HC demonstrates on a daily basis and while Nutt was just enough of a motivator in big game situations, I think there were times that he and his staff let down for some games (took some games off). You can't maintain an emotional high for every game or you get worn down. I believe that the team could feel when the staff was really focused for a game and when they might have been less focused, which sends a message to the team that it is ok to be less focused. I think that is why you saw some incredible "highs" from his teams and some pretty inexplicable "lows" as well. JMO
Go Hogs Go!

jgphillips3

Quote from: Bret Squealema on July 14, 2015, 08:07:39 pm
I'm gonna be honest, when I saw the thread title and the name of the poster who started it I looked to make sure the kids weren't in the room before I opened it.

Ha!  Me too.  Glad I'm not the only one.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Bret Squealema on July 14, 2015, 08:07:39 pm

I take that as a compliment.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

elksnort

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 15, 2015, 08:15:55 am
A team feeds off the personality and attitude that the HC demonstrates on a daily basis and while Nutt was just enough of a motivator in big game situations, I think there were times that he and his staff let down for some games (took some games off). You can't maintain an emotional high for every game or you get worn down. I believe that the team could feel when the staff was really focused for a game and when they might have been less focused, which sends a message to the team that it is ok to be less focused. I think that is why you saw some incredible "highs" from his teams and some pretty inexplicable "lows" as well. JMO
This is a very good take on the HDN tenure at Arkansas.

SquidBilly