Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Be Thankful We Aren't With Adidas No More

Started by RD, July 11, 2015, 01:43:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

I don't know what Miami was thinking leaving Nike. There is a reason why traditional powers such as Tennessee and Michigan dumped them.

NLRHog92

Just awful. I don't think I've liked hardly anything they put out. And don't forget about Notre Dame going to Under Armour! Very surprised Miami switched from Nike. Their baseball team is strictly Nike, has been forever, and you would think the majority of South Florida kids would rather have Nike.

Pulled(PP)pork

I like Nike, but I don't see anything wrong with that look

PP

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I agree that Nike is the better choice of the two, but why are you showing a UCLA uniform?   Is this a demonstration of how Adidas stinks?

If so......Well, I don't think the (awful no matter what you do to them, btw) UCLA uni that you're showing is any better or worse than normal.   

Of course I'm not sure what anyone could do to make much of a difference with colors (UCLA's) that just don't inspire much of anything other than meh/yick to begin with.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ZERO

I guess I'm the only person on the planet who is fine with every uniform we've ever used. I'm just not picky about uniforms. At all.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

redeye

The only reason I care is because players prefer Nike and it's probably better equipment, but I don't actually find Nike uniforms any better looking.  Outside of the color, I like A&M's Adidas uniforms and these don't look bad.

BornaHog

If it's red and white and has a HOG on it, I LIKE IT!!!!!   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

NLRHog92

Quote from: ZERO on July 11, 2015, 03:35:44 pm
I guess I'm the only person on the planet who is fine with every uniform we've ever used. I'm just not picky about uniforms. At all.

The DMAC era unis by Adidas were my absolute favorite. Simple and classic, but a bit flashy. I wish we could do something similar to that and keep it that way! All the great looking uniforms have been more or less the same for a long, long time. The ones we have now are okay, but even when we did they '64 throwbacks last year, that was our best look all year.

Hog N Bama

I guess the only reason I care is I own stock in Nike. That alone has been a good buy.

Hogarusa

I dont see any issue with that UCLA uniform.  Whats the problem? 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Childsplease

Sed76

Nike has just as many misses as they do hits. It was just a couple of years ago we had the Sonic the hedgehog stuff on the sleeves and faded numbers you couldn't see.

hawgbawb

I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: ZERO on July 11, 2015, 03:35:44 pm

yep. i fully agree.
The rest of the frog.

HogFan99

I am starting to get tired of teams like Oregon wearing these ugly uniforms and only wear them for one week then a totally new uniform the next week. Where's the tradition in that?

HappyHogFan

Quote from: HogFan99 on July 12, 2015, 09:54:11 pm
I am starting to get tired of teams like Oregon wearing these ugly uniforms and only wear them for one week then a totally new uniform the next week. Where's the tradition in that?

That IS Oregon's tradition. Nothing wrong with being unique.

Augustus

I think all of Adidas/Nike/etc can produce trash.

Some of the uni's that Oregon has, and especially some of the Baylor B-ball uni's, made by Nike make me want to throw up.

But, yes, Adidas puts out some trash as well.  Especially when they start throwing camo into the mix. yeesh

ChicoHog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on July 12, 2015, 10:00:56 pm
That IS Oregon's tradition. Nothing wrong with being unique.
Not.  That is their recent tradition if you call 15 years a tradition.  to me tradition is something over the course of 50 years at least.  That's what one of the reasons I don't like Oregon.  they threw out tradition to try something different.  Did it work?  Absolutely.  do I like it?  Definitely not! 

hoglady

$$$$$$
The Adidas contracts pay over double what Nike does.
They were talking on national sports the other day how much money it was going to cost Michigan a year making the switch to Nike.
Adidas was paying Michigan around 7.5 million a year.
They said Nike doesn't pay anyone over 4 million.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

NLRHog92

No problem with the UCLA unis per se, actually like their color scheme, just not the patterns nor the style in this pic or hardly anything adidas puts out. They used to have some good looking stuff, but have since made everything look soccer-ish or just flat out ugly.

oldman1015

the maryland unis a couple of years ago win the ugly prize.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Wahls

Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.