Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggest Must-Win SEC West Games for 2015

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, July 11, 2015, 06:45:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Arkansas is mentioned twice in this article out of the 7 games that they list.

I could probably think of other "must-win" games for the Hogs, meaning key games that could help take the season one way or the other, but here is their list.

What games do you see as being key for us and for other SEC West teams?

"Facing a brutal schedule, you could pick any SEC contest down the stretch in November as a must-win as far as division title hopes are concerned, but unless the Razorbacks exit October alive, those games won't hold as much value."

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/biggest-must-win-game-every-sec-west-team/
Go Hogs Go!

lefty08

I agree with that statement and as much as it sounds like a cliche, the first 2 are the keys.

We beat aTm and Tennessee and it's gonna be an amazing ride. We stumble against 1 we can recover. We lose both and it's circle the wagons and hope for the best.

That's the way i see this year playing out
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

The Kig

TN is a must win because both teams are widely regarded as programs on the rise.  The winner of that game becomes a media darling.

Bama is the other one for me, more than Auburn at home.  If we can show the SEC/nation that we can go to Nickys house and win, we will be in for a special year.

While I am dreaming.... We must beat Missouri two weeks in a row.
Poker Porker

Mike_e

Quote from: The Kig on July 11, 2015, 12:52:10 pm
TN is a must win because both teams are widely regarded as programs on the rise.  The winner of that game becomes a media darling.

Bama is the other one for me, more than Auburn at home.  If we can show the SEC/nation that we can go to Nickys house and win, we will be in for a special year.

While I am dreaming.... We must beat Missouri two weeks in a row.

I agree.

The most important game next year is the next one.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

HogFan99

I agree with needing to beat Tennessee but also a must need would be Missouri because if outsiders see that we beat the back to back sec east champions then they'll see us as a serious threat

GuvHog

The first 7 games. If the Hogs have a 7-0 record after the Auburn game, they will be a serious threat to win the SEC West.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: HogFan99 on July 11, 2015, 03:55:47 pm
I agree with needing to beat Tennessee but also a must need would be Missouri because if outsiders see that we beat the back to back sec east champions then they'll see us as a serious threat
Last game of the season.  Only a must-win if the others fall into place.  And Missouri still doesn't get a lot of national respect.

HogFan99

Quote from: JaketheSnake on July 11, 2015, 06:27:25 pm
Last game of the season.  Only a must-win if the others fall into place.  And Missouri still doesn't get a lot of national respect.
Still they're back to back sec east champions

bigdaddyhawg

The A&M game is critical.  I know others are important as well, but that's the game we MUST win if we want to have a better than average season.

Besides, we owe them some freaking payback at this point, and we'd better dad gum well get it this year!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

HiggiePiggy

Tennessee would be extremely nice and would be our first win on the road against the sec in awhile. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

reddogjcss

Every SEC game is a must win! Lol I want to win them all

JaketheSnake

Quote from: HogFan99 on July 11, 2015, 08:41:34 pm
No doubt, but our season will already be made.  A Missouri win won't make our season. 

A thorough thrashing of Tenner would have more cameras on us.  A follow up W at Tuscaloosa would have national pundits drooling over how large our OL is and how great we are at RB.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on July 12, 2015, 07:09:13 am
No doubt, but our season will already be made.  A Missouri win won't make our season. 

A thorough thrashing of Tenner would have more cameras on us.  A follow up W at Tuscaloosa would have national pundits drooling over how large our OL is and how great we are at RB.

A Missouri win might make our season, dependent upon where each team is positioned at that point of the season. But you are right, beating A&M and then with all of the media hype about Tennessee and Alabama, those two wins on the road and especially at Alabama for their homecoming, would be a launching pad for the Hogs.
Go Hogs Go!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: HogFan99 on July 11, 2015, 08:41:34 pm

Meh.  That hasn't meant nearly as much these last several years.  Luck has been with them pretty strongly as well.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Dominicanhog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on July 12, 2015, 07:50:28 am
Meh.  That hasn't meant nearly as much these last several years.  Luck has been with them pretty strongly as well.

I'd take some of that luck.. let people talk about how we didn't really deserve any respect even though we had been in the SEC title game 2 years in a row...I wouldn't care, just get there...