Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins at 205 Lbs.

Started by Hawgzinbowlz, July 05, 2015, 03:55:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyHogFan

this thread isn't creepy at all

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on July 10, 2015, 06:57:46 am
You could tell he is 5% or less body fat while he was working at Catfish Hole?

Twist, you don't think we all just sit around all day and post on HV, we've got skills!

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: HappyHogFan on July 10, 2015, 11:12:55 am
this thread isn't creepy at all

"He has an incredible, incredible ass."

Wooo Pig!! :razorback:

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on July 10, 2015, 11:47:36 am
Twist, you don't think we all just sit around all day and post on HV, we've got skills!

I think some of you guys bought those special glasses
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 06, 2015, 05:45:02 pm
My son and daughter have both worked at Catfish Hole while attending the UofA. The waiter's and waitresses pool their money and split it at the end of the shift.
According to my son, who has worked there, Alex is considered a 'Host' and is paid by the hour.
He looks ready to go.

" WOO PIG "

Would have to be or else he'd have a new Ferrari...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Bigdavis

I like the idea of him playing at around 205. That's about what Jamaal Charles plays at and he seems to do ok.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Bigdavis on July 10, 2015, 10:48:03 pm
I like the idea of him playing at around 205. That's about what Jamaal Charles plays at and he seems to do ok.

That would work!  I'm picturing more of a Marshall Faulk type of build and style in this year's offense.  I used to see him around from time to time when I lived in St. Louis, and in street clothes you would have never known he played in the NFL.  Just looked like an average in shape dude.  He was listed at 210, but I'd be shocked if he was an ounce over 2 bills.   

Just to recap.  Generally speaking, HV's sentiment is that AC doesn't have breakaway speed, or true SEC level power.  That's despite being one of the better backs in the nation and a proven 1K plus season rushing yardage track record. 

What I fully expect to see from HV is that if he's shed a few pounds, and he gets injured, it will all be because he lost weight and couldn't take the weekly pounding of the SEC defenses.  Oh, and it will probably come from the same people who say he's going to come out this year faster and more nimble, and "shred" defenses. 

I thought he carried whatever weight he was last year just fine and he avoided major injury.  Maybe don't mess with what worked pretty well?  I don't care what weight he is as long as he can stay healthy and have a monster year that helps him with his NFL ambition.
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 08, 2015, 08:41:16 pm
Hence...my wink  ;) ha!

Actually, I didn't slip him anything because he was just standing around the cash register. But I did leave a generous tip for the waitress. A constant stream of hush puppies & melted butter.....she deserved it.

Footnote:
Did I mention the young co-ed driving the Mercedes who dropped him off at the back door?
Speaking of AC not Rice.

^^  Maybe that explains the weight loss more so than the daily smell of frying oil??   ;D
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on July 11, 2015, 12:08:07 am
^^  Maybe that explains the weight loss more so than the daily smell of frying oil??   ;D

Yikes! You may be on to something...
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Augustus

Quote from: pigsareflying on July 09, 2015, 11:04:05 pm
   In the late '80's, I lived on Reservoir Road, which is just a few blocks away.  Loved the barbeque!  Afterwards often headed over to Wrangler's for 3 for 1 drinks.   Easy way to pack on 10 pounds (of fat) in a month!

Yeah, it was a shame... their dry rub was some of the best I've tasted.  The owner used to sell it privately via local liquor stores and mom & pop markets/deli's.  But, i haven't seen it anywhere in a few years.

NLRHog92

I like this move. Freshman year he had some chances at hitting a homer play, but just couldn't finish off the run. Thought maybe it was him adjusting to SEC speed. Last year, really got a lot bigger and looked to not carry the weight as well as a J-Wil. He's great and being patient and in close quarters finding extra yards, but I'm ready to see him hit the hole, cut it up and take it to the house!

twistitup

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 13, 2015, 05:03:27 am
I like this move. Freshman year he had some chances at hitting a homer play, but just couldn't finish off the run. Thought maybe it was him adjusting to SEC speed. Last year, really got a lot bigger and looked to not carry the weight as well as a J-Wil. He's great and being patient and in close quarters finding extra yards, but I'm ready to see him hit the hole, cut it up and take it to the house!

He may never be a 'take it to the house' kind of back, but that's ok, neither was Emmitt Smith. A combination of vision / speed is what makes a back special. AC has the vision and his speed is adequate to be a special RB.

I hope he can improve his top end speed, maybe it's simply a conditioning issue.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on July 13, 2015, 06:25:11 am
He may never be a 'take it to the house' kind of back, but that's ok, neither was Emmitt Smith. A combination of vision / speed is what makes a back special. AC has the vision and his speed is adequate to be a special RB.

I hope he can improve his top end speed, maybe it's simply a conditioning issue.

Back in the Spring (post spring depth chart) they had him listed as something like 224. If he is down to 205 that may be a step in right direction.
Go Hogs Go!

flipperpig

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 05, 2015, 03:55:12 pm
I had lunch at the Catfish Hole and I asked AC how much he currently weighed.
He said 205.
He looks lean, fit and with not a hint of body fat.
The same as when he arrived, and I'm sure a lot stronger along with much more SEC experience. He passes the eye test and looks ready to go.

" WOO PIG "
I bet he was thinking to himself "Who is this neck and why does he want to know my weight"

Bigdavis

Quote from: flipperpig on July 13, 2015, 09:57:25 am
I bet he was thinking to himself "Who is this neck and why does he want to know my weight"

I really doubt that. Athletes are used to being asked their height, weight, bench, squat, etc. Happens all the time.

twistitup

Quote from: Bigdavis on July 13, 2015, 02:01:36 pm
I really doubt that. Athletes are used to being asked their height, weight, bench, squat, etc. Happens all the time.

What's your height, weight, bench, squat and 40 time?

Dwight_K_Shrute

2 pages in and no one asked if his pants were ironed. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Tyro3

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 13, 2015, 03:43:01 pm

Ladies that drive Mercedes don't do Ironing.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 13, 2015, 03:43:01 pm

When I was there, he was wearing shorts like he had just come from a workout.
Hmmm.....

BirmingHam

Quote from: twistitup on July 13, 2015, 03:01:04 pm
What's your height, weight, bench, squat and 40 time?

6'2" 245, can't sit on bench too long without a sore buttcks, squat is usually about 20 minutes but I play solitaire until I think I'm finished; and I do the 40 in 40.  Why do you want to know how long I squat?  Not that there's anything wrong with that?!!

twistitup

Quote from: BirmingHam on July 14, 2015, 01:18:34 am
6'2" 245, can't sit on bench too long without a sore buttcks, squat is usually about 20 minutes but I play solitaire until I think I'm finished; and I do the 40 in 40.  Why do you want to know how long I squat?  Not that there's anything wrong with that?!!

Cage fighter by any chance?

BirmingHam

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BirmingHam on July 14, 2015, 09:09:51 am
No, free range

Ever fight in the back room of Marcelino's bodega?

BirmingHam

No,Been thinking of starting a Senior MMA though.  At 57 I'm too old to hang wit you young fellas

bennyl08

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 14, 2015, 06:04:53 pm
Ever fight in the back room of Marcelino's bodega?

Ever been in a Turkish prison?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

(notOM)Rebel123

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: bennyl08 on July 14, 2015, 09:17:46 pm
Do you like movies about gladiators?
You ever been in a cockpit before?

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Bigdavis on July 13, 2015, 02:01:36 pm
Glad to read someone who isn't riding the moron train.

" GO HOGS "