Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins at 205 Lbs.

Started by Hawgzinbowlz, July 05, 2015, 03:55:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgzinbowlz

I had lunch at the Catfish Hole and I asked AC how much he currently weighed.
He said 205.
He looks lean, fit and with not a hint of body fat.
The same as when he arrived, and I'm sure a lot stronger along with much more SEC experience. He passes the eye test and looks ready to go.

" WOO PIG "

JackTNHogfan

board

He was a little heavier than that last year, was he not? Expecting a big year from him..

PEtrader

He is really one of my favorite Hogs.  He is a good kid.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

bennyl08

He's lost 20 pounds then?

I wonder if that is by design or not? Previously he had been really working on getting bigger (listed with a spring weight of 224, but that is generally measured late january early feb.

New OC could have something to do with this. Maybe he thinks Collins lost too much speed with extra mass and covets a bit more speed. I also recall hearing about he has had to work really hard and didn't always succeed at changing his eating habits. Maybe he finally has, but I doubt he had 20 pounds of fat. It could be a combination of the two. They'd ideally like him down to about 215 and so first he reset down to a lean body and will work on adding back some muscle over the next couple months.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 05, 2015, 03:55:12 pm
He said 205.
The same as when he arrived, and I'm sure a lot stronger along with much more SEC experience. He passes the eye test and looks ready to go.

" WOO PIG "
beautiful. I saw jwill last month and he said he was 235.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: board on July 05, 2015, 04:00:21 pm
He was a little heavier than that last year, was he not? Expecting a big year from him..
Last year it was quoted that he was around 215. He looks leaner today than early last year.
His quickness in the holes are exceptional and last year he had good success with a 1-3 yard forward lean after the hit (and this points toward more strength/power).
AC, JWill and KW give us one great backfield...with a 5th year senior to run the show.

" GO HOGS "

(notOM)Rebel123

He said 205.

" WOO PIG "
I spoke with him last week while eating at the CH. He looked "lean & mean".
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 05, 2015, 05:02:28 pm
I spoke with him last week while eating at the CH. He looked "lean & mean".

That's what I thought.

" WOO PIG "

TeufelHog

Talk about discipline . . . how in the #3!! do you lose 20 lbs working at the Catfish Hole????  You would think he would gain at least 20 lbs just by smelling the hush puppies!

twistitup

Quote from: TeufelHog on July 05, 2015, 06:11:09 pm
Talk about discipline . . . how in the #3!! do you lose 20 lbs working at the Catfish Hole????  You would think he would gain at least 20 lbs just by smelling the hush puppies!

When you work at a place like that you get tired of the smell and food - it happens.....I managed a Macaroni Grill when I as younger and I gained alot of weight in the beginning, couldn't eat much more than a salad in the end
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hawgwild child

I bet Walkers role has a little more to do with this.  Maybe trying to add more speed to Collins and use walker for the dirty work to take pressure off him and jwill

Nipsey Mussle

UU will be asking if he had his baby

Jek Tono Porkins

Yeah I think they're trying to get Collins to be a bit faster. Last year, the plan was to bash them with Collins and Williams and then gash them with Korliss Marshall. Obviously that didn't pan out very well. I think the plan this year is to bash them with Walker and Williams and gash them with Collins.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on July 05, 2015, 11:10:09 pm
Yeah I think they're trying to get Collins to be a bit faster. Last year, the plan was to bash them with Collins and Williams and then gash them with Korliss Marshall. Obviously that didn't pan out very well. I think the plan this year is to bash them with Walker and Williams and gash them with Collins.
Good call

secneahog

Jemal Singleton has a lot to do with  shaping AC mindset.
I think AC is preparing himself for the NFL.

Should be a magical season ..
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: BBsTheMan on July 05, 2015, 11:04:45 pm
UU will be asking if he had his baby

Out of all of my one liners...that is the one I will never live down.  LOL.

By the way.  I've seen him at Catfish hole a couple of times now and he always ask me if the outfit makes him look fat.  Talk about awkward.

I'm kidding.  He doesn't say that.  Though he may spit in my food...cause it taste like WINNING!
Retired Radio Host

PorkRyan

Good to hear.  Last time I saw him he looked like he needed to lose some weight. 

KlubhouseKonnected

I wonder if it is weird to have strangers regularly asking you how much you weigh? While you are at work, no less. No offense intended truly.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on July 06, 2015, 12:08:05 am
Out of all of my one liners...that is the one I will never live down.  LOL.

By the way.  I've seen him at Catfish hole a couple of times now and he always ask me if the outfit makes him look fat.  Talk about awkward.

I'm kidding.  He doesn't say that.  Though he may spit in my food...cause it taste like WINNING!

I thought of UU every time I watched SOA

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

go hogues

Is he a waiter? If so, no telling how much "tip" money he's raking in.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

al2305

Quote from: go hogues on July 06, 2015, 12:41:26 pm

No kidding if he is I bet his average tip is 100%. I know that's what I'd tip him. Love that guy!!!

The NewEra

I hope Collins has a great year this year, but I really would like for him to come back for his Senior year.  Seniors on Bielema's team are heavily promoted, both inside the team and in the media world.  It would be great to have him as a Senior with pre-season mention as a Heisman candidate and all the accolades that go with that.  We could probably use his talent to help transition to the next group of running backs.

Having said that, if he's a first round pick for the NFL this year I will gladly help him pack his bags.  But, it would be great to see him receive his degree here.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 06, 2015, 09:27:58 am
I wonder if it is weird to have strangers regularly asking you how much you weigh? While you are at work, no less. No offense intended truly.
He wasn't surprised at all. If you're weird to begin with...maybe. In his high profile position he receives all kinds of questions and this was no surprise to him.

" GO HOGS "

Hawgzinbowlz

My son and daughter have both worked at Catfish Hole while attending the UofA. The waiter's and waitresses pool their money and split it at the end of the shift.
According to my son, who has worked there, Alex is considered a 'Host' and is paid by the hour.
He looks ready to go.

" WOO PIG "

Laughing Hog

"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Laughing Hog

Quote from: bennyl08 on July 05, 2015, 04:10:34 pm
He's lost 20 pounds then?

I wonder if that is by design or not? Previously he had been really working on getting bigger (listed with a spring weight of 224, but that is generally measured late january early feb.

New OC could have something to do with this. Maybe he thinks Collins lost too much speed with extra mass and covets a bit more speed. I also recall hearing about he has had to work really hard and didn't always succeed at changing his eating habits. Maybe he finally has, but I doubt he had 20 pounds of fat. It could be a combination of the two. They'd ideally like him down to about 215 and so first he reset down to a lean body and will work on adding back some muscle over the next couple months.

He's got about 30 days to add 10 lbs of muscle if the numbers are right. Tough to to do in that time span. Once two-a-days start (or whatever we are call'n them these days) players will be shedding lbs via tons-o-cardio and water weight which will probably make it even harder to add more muscle mass.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Laughing Hog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 06, 2015, 09:27:58 am

It's only weird if you are asking that question in a sorority house. And if you do ask that in a sorority house don't expect many 'dates' after that from that particular group of fine upstanding women.

bennyl08

Quote from: Laughing Hog on July 06, 2015, 05:56:04 pm
He's got about 30 days to add 10 lbs of muscle if the numbers are right. Tough to to do in that time span. Once two-a-days start (or whatever we are call'n them these days) players will be shedding lbs via tons-o-cardio and water weight which will probably make it even harder to add more muscle mass.

I forget how quickly time goes. Technically that would be impossible to add 10 lbs of muscle in that time. Though he could still bulk up some muscle and get to a still healthy 215 with some added water and fat storage. That way he is playing at 205 during the season instead of 195 or something. Or maybe he won't drop any weight. I have no idea, just spitballin here.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: twistitup on July 05, 2015, 06:15:39 pm
When you work at a place like that you get tired of the smell and food - it happens.....I managed a Macaroni Grill when I as younger and I gained alot of weight in the beginning, couldn't eat much more than a salad in the end
sooooo true
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Laughing Hog

Quote from: bennyl08 on July 06, 2015, 06:04:08 pm
I forget how quickly time goes. Technically that would be impossible to add 10 lbs of muscle in that time. Though he could still bulk up some muscle and get to a still healthy 215 with some added water and fat storage. That way he is playing at 205 during the season instead of 195 or something. Or maybe he won't drop any weight. I have no idea, just spitballin here.

I hear ya. I know when was trying to add muscle, especially when I had a full head of hair, it was harder than I thought it was going to be. As time went on and once the hair went, the weight (fat) seemed to come on much easier.

hoginla

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on July 05, 2015, 11:10:09 pm
this
September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

(notOM)Rebel123

When I was there, he was a host, seating people, not waiting tables.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 06, 2015, 08:14:56 pm
When I was there, he was a host, seating people, not waiting tables.

You slipped him a $20 for your usual table, correct?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on July 06, 2015, 08:16:44 pm

Maybe...... ;)

Country Stylz

He's gonna be slashing and slicing up the  defense. Probably stronger than he's ever been too.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pigsknuckles

Hoping Laughing and Benny are right that he get to around 215 prior to two-a-days. Having some mass X velocity anxiety with him going into August at 205.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Augustus

Quote from: twistitup on July 05, 2015, 06:15:39 pm

True. I worked at JR's Ribs in LR for several years before it closed down... as a cook/waiter/bartender.

That place taught me how to smoke meat (which I love to do), but almost ruined me on eating BBQ

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on July 07, 2015, 03:28:34 pm
Hoping Laughing and Benny are right that he get to around 215 prior to two-a-days. Having some mass X velocity anxiety with him going into August at 205.
Some RBs are more effective at a lighter weight than the bigger SEC backs. I think that AC is stronger each year in CBH system and with him alternating with JWill he's not getting as many hits as an every down back.
I want to see AC play as heavy as possible and still maintain his quickness moving to the 2nd and 3rd level. Whether it's 205, 210 ore 215 I hope he has the kind of year to get the NFLs attention...and help The Hogs win.

"
He just looks like he's ready for the season to start.
https://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Jamaal_Charles/4046786/jamaal-charles-has-dropped-his-weight-to-204-pounds-and-reiterated

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on July 06, 2015, 08:16:44 pm

C'mon Rice a 20 is for chumps, slip the kid something he have some fun on.

(notOM)Rebel123

July 08, 2015, 08:41:16 pm #41 Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:36:24 am by (notOM)Rebel123
Quote from: twistitup on July 08, 2015, 07:17:45 pm

C'mon Rice a 20 is for chumps, slip the kid something he have some fun on.

Hence...my wink  ;) ha!

Actually, I didn't slip him anything because he was just standing around the cash register. But I did leave a generous tip for the waitress. A constant stream of hush puppies & melted butter.....she deserved it.

Footnote:
Did I mention the young co-ed driving the Mercedes who dropped him off at the back door?
Speaking of AC not Rice.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on July 07, 2015, 03:28:34 pm

If he cuts his hair, he'll drop 10 lbs :D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

JoeyCapital

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 08, 2015, 08:41:16 pm
Footnote:
Did I mention the young co-ed driving the Mercedes who dropped him off at the back door?
Speaking of AC not Rice.
Can I have, "It's hard being black and gifted", for $1,000, Alex?
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on July 09, 2015, 02:24:26 am
If he cuts his hair, he'll drop 10 lbs :D

Maybe a Samson/Delilah angle? We'll have to make sure he doesn't run with scissors. For all my paranoia, I'm sure he'll be fine.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

HappyHogFan

LOL I can not imagine being a grown man and running into a college football player and asking him how much he weighs.

For real? Did you ask his bra size too?

reddogjcss

I seen him tonight and he looks like he is 5% or less fat.
He's lean mean running machine that's going to have a little quicker step or two.

pigsareflying

Quote from: Augustus on July 07, 2015, 07:18:11 pm
True. I worked at JR's Ribs in LR for several years before it closed down... as a cook/waiter/bartender.

That place taught me how to smoke meat (which I love to do), but almost ruined me on eating BBQ
In the late '80's, I lived on Reservoir Road, which is just a few blocks away.  Loved the barbeque!  Afterwards often headed over to Wrangler's for 3 for 1 drinks.   Easy way to pack on 10 pounds (of fat) in a month!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: reddogjcss on July 09, 2015, 10:31:43 pm
He's lean mean running machine that's going to have a little quicker step or two.

When I spoke with him he said he was at a good weight and looking forward to the season.

" GO HOGS "

twistitup

Quote from: reddogjcss on July 09, 2015, 10:31:43 pm

You could tell he is 5% or less body fat while he was working at Catfish Hole?