Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The worst coaching hire that altered the course of Hog history after Broyles

Started by JIHawg, July 04, 2015, 11:41:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Okay, the discussion seems to have run its course.  Let's vote-the worst coaching hire.

Lou Holtz
0 (0%)
Hatfield over Jimmy Johnson
2 (20%)
Jack Crow/Kines/Ford
5 (50%)
Houston Nutt
1 (10%)
Petrino/John L fiasco
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

ricepig

Quote from: hawg IQ on July 12, 2015, 02:40:48 pm
Okay there are two separate things and I may have been misleading I'll admit.
When Petrino  came, it was a bad situation. we had a torn fan base and the golden hand cuff/ john white era. Maybe not losers per say in wins/losses, but yes losers in respect to sec and others. It was poor Arkansas !? Petrino fixed that and yes I mention BP's epic fail and then a more fitting loserville in physical wins/ losses later during the JL Smith era . All you wise guys knew that also. It was the nit picking only because someone else disagrees with my take or anybody else for that matter.

There are a few like ricepig among others that love to just pile on like they are the wisest of the wise and to me  just come off like smart a$$es.  I don't care if they have their own thoughts or ideas, that's fine.
The whole post was pointed toward worse coaching hires.

I do stand corrected for not putting the right context to keep wise cracks from their blood letting, but isn't that what they are about  really.

So glad that you know what everyone thinks and why they post, it seems like you are the wisest of the wise. You seem to be upset that some didn't agree with your description of the University of Arkansas as "loserville u." I don't remember too many saying "poor ole Arkansas," but I guess those who follow that train of thought look for it. Truthfully, the way your original post went, nobody knew what you were saying, outside of calling us "loserville u."

gmarv

hawg IQ

Quote from: ricepig on July 12, 2015, 02:50:03 pm
So glad that you know what everyone thinks and why they post, it seems like you are the wisest of the wise. You seem to be upset that some didn't agree with your description of the University of Arkansas as "loserville u." I don't remember too many saying "poor ole Arkansas," but I guess those who follow that train of thought look for it. Truthfully, the way your original post went, nobody knew what you were saying, outside of call us "loserville u."
Not upset at all, but truth be known, you jump on folks quite often don't you ? almost any labeling of the hogs other than what you depict is disallowed, especially in your self appointed "no fly zone".
   Its like you say to yourself that guy has the audacity to speak against the razorbacks.
  I'll show him?
Listen I love the hogs, but better still, I love them playing like  BB has them playing now. I think we all do, now that's razorback football. Loserville u and you or anybody  else who wants to defend folks like me saying things that riles you some, well that is perfectly okay if that's your thing, go for it ! 
defend away !!  Yet it was a only a point I was trying to make about coaching hires during an era when things were less rosy !
go hogs go !

ricepig

Quote from: hawg IQ on July 12, 2015, 03:03:04 pm
Not upset at all, but truth you jump on folks quite often don't you ? almost any labeling of the hogs other than what you depict is disallowed in your self appointed "no fly zone".
   Its like you say to yourself that guy has the audacity to speak against the razorbacks.
   Listen I love the hogs, but better still, I love them playing like  BB has them playing now. I think we all do, now that's razorback football. Loserville u and you or anybody else wants to defend folks like me saying things that is perfectly okay if that's your thing, go for it ! 
defend away !!  Yet it was a only a point I was trying to make about coaching hires during an era when things were less rosy !

Thanks for giving us permission, you'll find me questioning anyone labeling my alma mater as "loserville u."

hawg IQ

Quote from: ricepig on July 12, 2015, 03:09:09 pm
Thanks for giving us permission, you'll find me questioning anyone labeling my alma mater as "loserville u."
Listen guy I spent most of my life working on that campus and had two sons graduate from there, please don't think you have the market cornered on alma maters, its not just yours and yours alone. And to think you took loserville u as a mis label, but you were quick to judge and support others in their name calling wasn't you. yes you were !
go hogs go !

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!