Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South Carolina game prediction

Started by HognotinMemphis, October 03, 2017, 09:27:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Cocks are 3-2 with losses to KY by 10 and to A&M by 7. Nice win over NC State in first game. NC State has since won 4 in a row, including a win at Tallahassee over Fla St. Cocks had a 1 pt win over La Tech and a 18 pt win over horrible Missouri.

Take from that what you will. Probably does not mean much when Arkansas travels to Columbia.

SC is averaging 23 points per game and give up an average of 21 points per game. They are coming off the loss to A&M in College Station.

I contend Arkansas plays better on the road against reasonable competition than they do at home. This should be a low scoring and very close game with either team having a good chance of winning it in last few minutes. Result will likely be based on team with fewest turnovers.

It's a toss up but given that SC has a quality win and Arkansas does not, I am going with:

SC: 24

ARK: 21

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Mo_Better_Hogs

HoginMemphis' commentary is right on, I think. We've had some decent road wins over the years, so that's not out of the question. Neither team is great, so turnovers could be huge. We'll have one. But our D will need to somehow force one to equalize. Two would be better.

Just to be blindly optimistic, same score, just flipped. Hogs 24--Cocks 21.

redleg

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

RME

Based on most of these predictions, I guess we're gonna suddenly start kicking field goals.

Hogtimes

I have no idea what the score will be, but I am  confident the hogs will win.

theFlyingHog

32-13 SC.

Edit: that's a missed XP and not two FGs for arky

rhames

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 03, 2017, 09:43:52 am
Based on most of these predictions, I guess we're gonna suddenly start kicking field goals.

First points of the game will be a field goal by................

Hedlund
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Ex-Trumpet

Haha, first thing I thought!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

BigBen

Hogs 28
SC 24

Hogs up 21-17 middle of the 4th. We Drive down and score a TD with 5 min left.  Then we let SC drive down and score aided by a horrible pass interference call on third down that always happens against us. SC onside kicks and recovers. With one minute left at midfield they throw a ball across the middle and Dre tips it and it is intercepted by Santos to seal the game.

hawgmasta

Hogtimes

Quote from: BigBen on October 03, 2017, 09:53:06 am
Hogs 28
SC 24

Hogs up 21-17 middle of the 4th. We Drive down and score a TD with 5 min left.  Then we let SC drive down and score aided by a horrible pass interference call on third down that always happens against us. SC onside kicks and recovers. With one minute left at midfield they throw a ball across the middle and Dre tips it and it is intercepted by Santos to seal the game.

Wow.....great foresight

RagingHawgOn

GolfnHog

I'm not sure what the score would be but I do know I'd like to see a more aggressive and relentless pressure defense with disguised blitzes so that we get to Bentley fast and often.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

jst01

Pig Power

Hook 'em Hogs

I think we will be very ready to play.  I think it's mostly a bad matchup for SC.  They aren't good running the ball, so I believe we will attack the QB more and that will allow for some bigger runs, but they won't kill us with the pass.  Us playing average defense against SC will be a win.  Defensively, I don't see much statistically that makes me think they'll be able to hold us down.  I suck at this, but my call is:
Hogs 35
Gamecocks 21

Potosihog

I really want to believe in this team.  Someone said "History is the best predictor of the future all things remaining equal."  So, though I think we should definitely have a chance to get the W, I will wait until I see it to believe it.
USCe-27
Hogs-17

Muskliketusk

Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

bphi11ips

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 03, 2017, 09:27:25 am
Cocks are 3-2 with losses to KY by 10 and to A&M by 7. Nice win over NC State in first game. NC State has since won 4 in a row, including a win at Tallahassee over Fla St. Cocks had a 1 pt win over La Tech and a 18 pt win over horrible Missouri.

Take from that what you will. Probably does not mean much when Arkansas travels to Columbia.

SC is averaging 23 points per game and give up an average of 21 points per game. They are coming off the loss to A&M in College Station.

I contend Arkansas plays better on the road against reasonable competition than they do at home. This should be a low scoring and very close game with either team having a good chance of winning it in last few minutes. Result will likely be based on team with fewest turnovers.

It's a toss up but given that SC has a quality win and Arkansas does not, I am going with:

SC: 24

ARK: 21

Flip the score and otherwise I think you're in the ballpark.  South Carolina is not the same team offensively that beat NC State.  Plus, Arkansas is not a good matchup for the Gamecocks.  They struggle to run and stop the run.  Bentley presents no big play threat with his feet, and Deebo Samuel was the big play threat at WR.  Big plays have been Arkansas's achilles heel.

Arkansas should be able to run the ball and control the clock.  They may win by 10 or so if they avoid turnovers and special teams mistakes.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

The_Iceman

I like the matchup for the Hogs. I'm going with 35-27 Hogs.

Dropkick

26-24 Hogs, SC will miss a FG as time expires so the darksiders can take pleasure in saying we should have lost.

PorkRinds

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 03, 2017, 09:45:37 am
32-13 SC.

Edit: that's a missed XP and not two FGs for arky

Someone should kick you in the balls for calling us arky.

The NewEra

gmarv

longtimeHogfan

Hogs.  By how much I don't know.   ;D
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

DLUXHOG

Hogs 35
SC 7

Hogs are fixed..........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

RazorPiggie

31-28 USCe.
I just don't have much faith anymore haha.

I think we can win every game but AU and Bama but we'll find a way to lose a few of them I'm afraid.

Ironhawg

The Hog offense looked better against A&M and NMSU.  The defense is still a work in progress. 

Hogs. -  28

USC-E  -  24

Tejano Jawg

Hilarious. Just for that, here's my prediction—
Razorbacks 15
Roosters 12 (didn't we lose to Texas from 5 field goals once?)

Seriously, I think we get into the 30s. So—
Razorbacks 34
Roosters 17
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Fan1958

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 03, 2017, 10:55:38 am
Someone should kick you in the balls for calling us arky.

That should be grounds for being banned.  And as a guy who has been banned, I know a thing or two about banning.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

phadedhawg

I do agree with the OP that Arkansas fares better in winnable games on the road than at home.  In Razorback Stadium I think the team feels all the anxiety of the fan base.  I mean at this point, we are all on the edge of our seats waiting for disaster in every game.  On the road, I think the "us vs them" allows the team to come together better.

That being said, I don't feel confident we will win this game.  Our defense is too much of a liability to expect a victory.  I like our chances but imagine we come up short.

South Carolina 28
Arkansas 21

Cambridge Hog

I predict that many 'fans' here will be mad if we win OR we lose.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

sickboy

If it was a night game, I'd give SC the edge. Since it's a day game, I'll give the Hogs the edge. Real scientific over here.

island hog

We get up early on them 14-0, 17-7 at half, 20- 10 end third and hold them off at the end...27-17.  Maybe a surprise special teams TD too! 

SDZ_Hog

Kelley, Williams, and Jackson triple options makes the difference. 

oldhog63

LOL, was thinking the same thing.
28-24 Hogs

jgphillips3

I have no idea.  I'm going to call it 24-21.  If I had to pick, i'll Say SC wins because they are at home.  However, we can win.  It's probably 50/50.

HeathWimp

Bret usually loses games like this.  Cocks 28 Hogs 20 (missed XP)
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bubba's Bruisers

28-20 good guys.  If SC struggles running and stopping the run, then big advantage.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

JaketheSnake

MJ2

USC East 31
1 game closer to buyout 21

island hog