Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M @ Ole Miss 6:30P CST ESPN2

Started by jbcarol, January 25, 2017, 02:05:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/AntonioCMorales/status/823968055248224256

QuoteDeandre Burnett describes it as a mindset. To Andy Kennedy, it's more of a feel.

Ole Miss guard is third in the SEC and 30th in the nation with 7.2 fouls drawn per 40 minutes, according to Kenpom.com, and that's a trend he aims to continue when the Rebels (12-7, 3-4 SEC) hosts Texas A&M (10-8, 2-5) Wednesday at The Pavilion (6:30 p.m., ESPN2).

"Before I was even a decent shooter, I was always trying to get to the rim when I first started playing basketball, so I just carried that mindset over," Burnett said. "My family has a long history of playing football, so I try to play with a football mentality, attack the rim hard and aggressive."

Burnett's brother is former Florida State running back Dalvin Cook.

He's made the most of his opportunities by converting 114 of his free throws (89 percent), which is tied for 12th in the nation.

He scores 6.7 points per game at the charity stripe, which accounts for more than a third of his 17.8 scoring average. Burnett is currently third in the SEC in points per game.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Antonio Morales ‏@AntonioCMorales 2h2 hours ago

Final: Ole Miss falls to Texas A&M, 80-76, goes to 3-5 in the SEC
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net