Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama signee Raekwon Davis signed with two schools

Started by jbcarol, February 03, 2016, 06:55:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

After weeks of twists and turns, Raekwon Davis signed with Alabama Wednesday morning and it all seemed to be wrapped up.

QuoteBut then the Meridian defensive lineman signed another letter of intent with Jones Junior College. It is not a totally uncommon move for a Mississippi high school prospect to double sign with both a Division I school and a junior college. Last year, highly-regarded prospects Leo Lewis and Jamal Peters signed with both Mississippi State and a Mississippi junior college. The move generally indicates qualifying academically could be a problem...

Alabama held off a late push from Mississippi State amid drama and confusion. At one point multiple reports indicated Davis had flipped his commitment to Mississippi State...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

JCJC SID ‏@jcjc_athletics Feb 3

Raekwon Davis (6-6, 327, DL) from Meridian HS has signed with the Bobcats! Congratulations, Raekwon! #JCJC
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Raekwon Davis ‏@Raekwondavis_99 Feb 3 Meridian, MS

Dang .... You still my brother 💯

Davis with fellow Mississippian Jeffery Simmons who signed with Miss. State

jbcarol

Nick Saban said defensive lineman Raekwon Davis was cleared by the NCAA on Wednesday. 6-foot-7 defensive tackle was one of the better recruits in our nation at his position.

Quote"He's been able to practice the whole time," Saban said. "We got him a lot of reps in fall camp. Last week when we started game prep, we did not prep him with defense."

Whether or not he sees action this season remains to be seen.

"We'll do everything we can to get him ready to play," Saban said. "I don't know if we can get him ready to play in this game. It's certainly going to be a work in progress for us to get him ready to play down the road and offer some depth in the defensive line."