Previous topic - Next topic

What to call it?

Pumba Hog
WORF Hog (Klingon Hog)
iSad Hog
Frito Pie Hog
SJ Porker Hog (SJ Parker reference)

rzrbkfan2008

The company I work for is a CLC licensee and we received a letter stating that the Secondary logo (Front Facing Hog) was exclusive to Nike only until 2017. So if you like it, only Nike will offer it. I thought this was interesting and disappointing.

rzrbkfan2008

Correction: This is only on apparel. Printing on anything else is ok immediately.

Rey Pygsterio

That is very interesting. Great find. Tells you everything you need to know about the new logo.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jusgtohogs

Not a fan and I'm not alone.  It looks the Jonesboro school's logo.  We don't follow them--they follow us.

CallThemHawgs!

The_Iceman

Quote from: jusgtohogs on April 22, 2014, 10:50:27 am
Not a fan and I'm not alone.  It looks the Jonesboro school's logo.  We don't follow them--they follow us.

It looks like every school with a front facing logo. Remember, it is a SECONDARY logo. You won't be seeing it at center court/field anywhere or as the primary logo on a uniform. This is still the primary logo and the logo that will be associated with the Razorbacks:

Augustus

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 22, 2014, 10:57:19 am
It looks like every school with a front facing logo. Remember, it is a SECONDARY logo. You won't be seeing it at center court/field anywhere or as the primary logo on a uniform. This is still the primary logo and the logo that will be associated with the Razorbacks:

Well, to be honest, looking at the hats in the tweet from Hog Heaven this morning, I could see how one could be semi-confused. Living in J'boro, it will look like a RedWolf hat from a distance, I doubt they are big sellers over here. It's kind of like the ours and Bama's hats with the A on them, I have to double check.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ricepig on April 22, 2014, 11:10:28 am
Well, to be honest, looking at the hats in the tweet from Hog Heaven this morning, I could see how one could be semi-confused. Living in J'boro, it will look like a RedWolf hat from a distance, I doubt they are big sellers over here. It's kind of like the ours and Bama's hats with the A on them, I have to double check.

Just thank God we are the Tigers. This place would go nuts.

Mike Irwin

Hopefully by 2017 in won't matter who has the rights to it. Hopefully by 2017 it will sleep with the popcorn Hog.

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 22, 2014, 11:21:05 am
Hopefully by 2017 in won't matter who has the rights to it. Hopefully by 2017 it will sleep with the popcorn Hog.

I hope Razorback Nation puts it on the shirts for this week! Lol

The Marmot

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 22, 2014, 11:21:05 am

Its nowhere near as bad as popcorn hog.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

AnonymousHog

Quote from: Scaife on April 22, 2014, 11:13:21 am
It is.

What is she supposedly doing in this said gif?  Deep throating a hot dog?

bennyl08

The big question is, when will hogville add pumba hog to the button list?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

TomasPistola

Quote from: The Marmot on April 22, 2014, 11:29:59 am
Its nowhere near as bad as popcorn hog.

Agreed. I like it. Don't want to replace our classic hog, but as a secondary logo it is a MASSIVE improvement over popcorn hog.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

The_Iceman

You see so many programs going to the symmetrical front facing logo, or at least adding one to their set of logos. I wonder if this is something apparel and/or media companies are asking for?

CallThemHawgs!

Ordering one of these to rock at both home AND away games stat. I suggest you all do the same.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 22, 2014, 01:01:50 pm
Ordering one of these to rock at both home AND away games stat. I suggest you all do the same.

It does wonders for your appearance.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

The_Iceman

This whole Pumba thing is getting kinda silly. I guess before yesterday, some of you had no idea he was a Hog.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" W. on April 22, 2014, 01:04:26 pm
It does wonders for your appearance.

It also makes it easier to conceal the fact I am about to black out in the second quarter, as we are down 4 tds

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 22, 2014, 01:06:22 pm
This whole Pumba thing is getting kinda silly. I guess before yesterday, some of you had no idea he was a Hog.

Well, he is a Warthog and I would assume most knew that. We did not however know that our new secondary logo would be a selfie of him.

The_Iceman

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 22, 2014, 01:08:24 pm
Well, he is a Warthog and I would assume most knew that. We did not however know that our new secondary logo would be a selfie of him.

Why isn't it just a selfie of Tusk?

CallThemHawgs!

CallThemHawgs!

Tusk looks sad in that picture, someone find him a girl or win a football game.

The_Iceman

Captain Hogthrob

^
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 22, 2014, 01:13:17 pm
Because it looks more like Pumba

Looks more like Worf. Check out the forehead ridge on the logo. There's some Klingon DNA in there somewhere.

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

The_Iceman

We aren't the only ones moving to having a symmetrical front facing logo.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rzrbkfan2008 on April 22, 2014, 09:26:11 am
The company I work for is a CLC licensee and we received a letter stating that the Secondary logo (Front Facing Hog) was exclusive to Nike only until 2017. So if you like it, only Nike will offer it. I thought this was interesting and disappointing.

I don't think you have to worry. It appears few like it in its' current state. I doubt it sells very well.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

OldCoot

When I was a young warthog.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fayettechill14

Because "the Jonesboro school" invented the forward-facing logo and no one else uses it?

Good grief, y'all. There's football outside of Arkansas.

Ours looks more like the UConn and Chicago Bulls logos.

Tequilin' Time

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 22, 2014, 02:34:05 pm
Because "the Jonesboro school" invented the forward-facing logo and no one else uses it?

Good grief, y'all. There's football outside of Arkansas.

Ours looks more like the UConn and Chicago Bulls logos.

You are kidding, right?   Nothing exists outside the state boundaries,,,,,,,,,,, does it?   It's just a myth,  right?

gchamblee

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on April 22, 2014, 01:13:17 pm
Because it looks more like Pumba

it looks nothing like pumba, youre just so butthurt that you are trying to find the most demeaning comparison you can to make your point, which honestly shows how weak your argument is. carry on jethro. arguing with idiots is never a valuable investment of your time.

Hogfaniam

Recommend others and I will add it.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

BornaHog

Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bennyl08

Klingon Hog or Pumba Hog. How do you not have the first?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

The_Iceman

Hogfaniam

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 22, 2014, 07:08:05 pm
Klingon Hog or Pumba Hog. How do you not have the first?

Klingon hog is Worf Hog
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Augustus

I'm not sure Hogville will allow you to add "Ugly as F U C..." ???

CDBHawg

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PorkSoda

I was hoping we'd go more in this direction

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

SharpTusk

Writer on  hog database

Dr. Starcs