Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Uniforms! 2nd straight year

Started by #1HogFanForLife, April 21, 2014, 08:58:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1HogFanForLife

The hogs have new  uniforms for every sport with a  new logo itroduced tonight at the hogspys  what do y'all think about them?  http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/fls/6100/branding2014/

Henry Hogsome

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Fayettechill14

I loved ours from this year, but part of re-branding is standardizing the font, so the basketball unis were a casualty. I like these as well, though. That font is sharp.

The_Iceman

Not that big of a change from last year.

Hogeration

Love the uniforms.  Not a fan of the secondary logo.  I think the Houndstooth version of a front facing hog (on back of a shirt I bought several years ago) is a cooler look.

Hogimus Prime

Love them, they just are not as cool the Apex uniforms

choppedporkextrasauce

that forward facing Hog looks like a word we can't say here. It's so poorly designed. Considering it's Nike it was probably drawn by some 6 or 7 year old Sri Lankan slave child "prodigy".

Stang1970

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on April 21, 2014, 10:06:32 pm
Love them, they just are not as cool the Apex uniforms

The Apex uniforms had too much all over it.

The Boar War

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on April 21, 2014, 10:29:22 pm
that forward facing Hog looks like a word we can't say here. It's so poorly designed. Considering it's Nike it was probably drawn by some 6 or 7 year old Sri Lankan slave child "prodigy".

I wouldn't call him a "prodigy".

Wild Bill Hog

I've always preferred the uniforms we've worn when we've outscored our opponents.

choppedporkextrasauce

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

April 22, 2014, 12:04:09 am #12 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:26:23 pm by Notshavin
The Uni's are OK. 
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Break & Run

Quote from: Notshavin on April 22, 2014, 12:04:09 am
The Uni's are OK.  The "Klingon Hog" or "Grey-haired Rollie Fingers Hog" sucks arse and is typical Jeff Long short-man's complex crap cheese.

God, I hope no one listens to you on the radio with this b.s.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

The_Iceman

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on April 21, 2014, 10:29:22 pm

Come on dude, its not that bad....

CPO Hog

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 22, 2014, 06:35:28 am

The snout looks more like a cow's, and the 4 point tusk is, well, fubar is all that comes to mind... I'm cool with the rest of the Uni's.

The_Iceman

Quote from: CPO Hog on April 22, 2014, 08:09:39 am
The snout looks more like a cow's, and the 4 point tusk is, well, fubar is all that comes to mind... I'm cool with the rest of the Uni's.

CPO Hog

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 22, 2014, 06:35:28 am

Sorry Iceman I respect your basketball knowledge but that design just plain stinks. It should never be used to represent the Hogs. Seriously compare it to all the other Hog emblems and it comes up lacking.

Even worse Asu fans are laughing at how much it reminds them of their Red Wolves emblem and calling us copy cats.

PorkRinds

I noticed that there wasn't a red uniform for the men's bball team.  Does this mean we won't be using one, and the anthracite is now going to replace a cardinal one?  I loved the cardinal uniform for women's bball, so I'm hoping the men's team gets one as well.  I like the gray unis, just not sure about using them instead of a cardinal uniform.

The_Iceman

PorkRinds

Also, it would seem that if Qualls is modeling next years uniform, it's likely he's not going anywhere.  Or is that reading too much into it?

The_Iceman

The only change from last year seems to be the letter and number font. The rest of the overall design will stay the same.

The_Iceman

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on April 22, 2014, 10:06:33 am
Sorry Iceman I respect your basketball knowledge but that design just plain stinks. It should never be used to represent the Hogs. Seriously compare it to all the other Hog emblems and it comes up lacking.

Even worse Asu fans are laughing at how much it reminds them of their Red Wolves emblem and calling us copy cats.

It's not the best. I certainly won't buy it over the running hog. But it does give us the benefit of having a symmetrical logo that can be centered, as well as giving us the trademark over any other attempts at making a forward facing hog.

As long as it is used sparingly and not plastered on billboards and signs across the stadium and facilities, I'm ok with it.

Hawg Red

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 22, 2014, 10:33:23 am
Also, it would seem that if Qualls is modeling next years uniform, it's likely he's not going anywhere.  Or is that reading too much into it?

My first thought as well. Hopefully that signals that he'll be here next season. We're coming up on a month since our last game and he seems to still be very much a part of the team. I think we're safe at this point but anything could happen. Would have been a huge blow to lose him.

Kevin

the more i look at the logo, it is awful.

i cannot believe that is the best a professional designer can come up with. also, i cannot believe our administrators went for it.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PorkRinds

Quote from: Kevin on April 22, 2014, 11:54:04 am
the more i look at the logo, it is awful.

i cannot believe that is the best a professional designer can come up with. also, i cannot believe our administrators went for it.

I think it's ok...

Hawg Red

It's definitely not Nike's best work, but as long as it doesn't figure too prominently into how we're marketed, I'm okay with it. I do like the new jerseys and uniforms, though.

Fayettechill14

You folks do realize that football and logos exist beyond the borders of Arkansas, right? And that Arkansas State didn't invent the forward-facing logo?

Here are some others that are similar:

I think ours looks most like the UConn and Chicago Bulls logos with the same downward slope of the face.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 22, 2014, 02:29:55 pm
You folks do realize that football and logos exist beyond the borders of Arkansas, right? And that Arkansas State didn't invent the forward-facing logo?

Here are some others that are similar:

I think ours looks most like the UConn and Chicago Bulls logos with the same downward slope of the face.

Not only that, but those schools are adding front facing logos. I think a lot of it has to do with being symmetrical.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=566741.msg8958416#msg8958416

arkansasrazorback

I love the secondary logo.  Some of you are absolutely ridiculous

Hoggish1

Quote from: RazorbackNation35 on April 21, 2014, 08:58:12 pm
The hogs have new  uniforms for every sport with a  new logo itroduced tonight at the hogspys  what do y'all think about them?  http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/fls/6100/branding2014/

Good.