Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final: Auburn 51, @Missouri 14

Started by jbcarol, September 22, 2017, 10:51:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

September 22, 2017, 10:51:07 pm Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:41:22 pm by jbcarol
 James Crepea‏Verified account @JamesCrepea 8h8 hours ago

Can Auburn contain "explosive" Missouri passing game?  http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/09/can_auburn_contain_explosive_m.html ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

James Crepea‏Verified account @JamesCrepea 12m12 minutes ago

That was Missouri's first completion to J'Mon Moore. Auburn defense doing great at preventing him from getting ball.

jbcarol

Dave Matter‏Verified account @Dave_Matter 5m5 minutes ago

Crockett fumble, his second this year. Auburn recovers.

jbcarol

Dave Matter‏Verified account @Dave_Matter 5m5 minutes ago

No poise from Missouri here. Acy with a facemask penalty.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Gabe DeArmond‏Verified account @GabeDeArmond 4m4 minutes ago

Drew Lock absolutely crushed on a fourth down sack.  #Mizzou lucky to still have a QB after that. No clue why he's still playing.

jbcarol

Dave Matter‏Verified account @Dave_Matter 26s26 seconds ago

Final: Auburn 51, Missouri 14. MU now 1-3, 0-2 in SEC. Bye week next.

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

Auburn completes 3 deepest passes of season in beatdown of Missouri

Another 40+ yard pass completion for Stidham against the Mizzou secondary

QuoteJarrett Stidham's 58-yard pass to Kyle Davis on Auburn's opening offense play setup the first of six touchdowns and was the one of three passes over 40 yards in a 51-14 beatdown of Missouri before an announced crowd of 54,574 at Memorial Stadium in Columbia on Saturday.

It was a career-long reception for Davis and the longest pass play of the season for No. 15 Auburn (3-1, 1-0 SEC), which was one of 12 teams without a 40-yard pass entering Saturday with a long pass of just 38 yards.

"We got off to a fast start," Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said. "We really talked about that being important. ... It makes all the difference in the world. When you can (complete long passes) it opens everything else up and you can really call your complete offense.

"I thought (offensive coordinator) Chip (Lindsey) did an outstanding job tonight with his game plan, with the balance, with the different things with the misdirection and everything."

jbcarol

jbcarol

Dave Matter‏Verified account @Dave_Matter 20h20 hours ago

In case you missed #Mizzou's postgame fireworks: Odom unleashes fiery 'state of the program' address http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/odom-unleashes-fiery-state-of-the-program-address-after-mizzou/article_5999ee11-7e06-5a71-9d2a-b5664303d007.html ... via @stltoday

QuoteAfter his team's third consecutive loss and second straight blowout, Missouri coach Barry Odom unleashed an emotional three-minute, 30-second "state of the program." Saturday's 51-14 loss to No. 15 Auburn dropped Odom's team to 1-3 and 5-11 the last two seasons.

"Now I'm going to talk real quick about the state of the program. Here's the narrative. Pens ready. Microphones on. Let's talk real life and where we are at. I want to get one thing real straight. I'm going to win here. That's going to happen. We will win. This is a turnaround. Anyway you slice it or dice it or want to look at it, this is a turnaround process. And unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I'm built for this because I've been in a whole heck of a lot of them my entire life.

"I want to go back to the year 1997 and '98 when Larry Smith was here. His ass went and fought for 14 years and finally broke down the wall. OK? He did it. There were a lot of people that went and sacrificed and did a lot of things to get that turned around. But I was part of it. I was in the locker room. I saw it. I was a captain. I know what it takes. OK?

"Fast forward. 2004. Everybody wanted to run Gary Pinkel out of town. That's pretty damn foolish. Because all he's done is become the winningest coach in program history. That was a turnaround. It took time. OK? That's where we're at. OK? It's a turnaround. And I don't like it. I want to win right now. But that's not the hand I'm given.

"We are doing a lot of really good things in this program. Our kids are working extremely hard. We are not winning games yet. But we will. I'm the man to go get it done with this staff, with this team, with this program. There's not anybody left standing after 2015. Alright? I am. And I know what it takes.

"You talk about dark days? I heard that over here walking across the street. I've seen a damn dark day. July 12, 2005. OK? Aaron O'Neal. That's a dark day. This ain't dark days. This is when the going gets tough, you build together, you fight together, and you go find a way to get it done. And that's where we are at. It's part of a turnaround process that is not going to be easy! Our team knows that. I know that. Our program knows that.

"But I've got a guy that is the third-team left tackle from Rock Bridge High School that's got a Twitter account that has 12 followers, and he wants to put out how terrible we are. That's the way this society is. We go and we read, and we think, oh my gosh, Missouri football, we are this and we are that. We haven't won yet. But I've got a group of guys that went over to the hospital yesterday that took care of a kid. OK? I'm building the future for this football team and this program and our kids' lives, that they're going to be successful in the next 40 years of their life. They're going to have adversity in life and they're going to back to this point in how they responded. So I'm good. I've got a platform to go build it. I know what I've got in the locker room. We're going to win. That's going to happen.

"I want to fast forward a little bit longer. 2012. I went to Memphis, maybe historically at that point the worst program in the country. In 2012 we won four games. In 2013 we're a hell of a lot better but we won three games. So everybody thinks we went backwards. No, we didn't go backwards. We were better in a lot of spots. In 2014 we lined up and won 10 games, won our bowl game, won a conference championship and at the end of the year there wasn't anybody in the damn country who wanted to play our ass. I guarantee it, because we were playing the way you're supposed to go play. It was a turnaround. Justin Fuente did it. I was part of it. OK?

"Fast forward to 2015. That was a tough year. That built me for who I am today. That built our program. We're going to get there. That's the narrative. That's the turnaround. That's the state of our program. I'm disappointed. I'm frustrated. All of the above. But I'm right where I want to be, building this team with a whole bunch of guys that want to go do it the right way, the right way within every aspect of our organization. That's about all I got. Questions?"

Asked to whom he wanted his message directed Odom said, "I wanted to get out exactly what I wanted to say. I wanted to quit hiding my emotions. I wanted to quit not being me. That's me. OK? I'm ready to go get this done."

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

Auburn LB Tre' Williams details why he sat at Missouri with 'minor' injury

Quote"I was pretty banged up ever since Clemson," Williams said. "I toughened it out against Mercer, and I kind of took a couple of steps back. The coaches made a decision to sit me out against Missouri to keep rehabbing and everything. We'll see how it goes for this week."

Despite not playing a single snap against Missouri, Williams is still Auburn's leading tackler by a considerable margin. Williams has 25 tackles through three games, while senior safety Tray Matthews and junior linebacker Darrell Williams are tied for second with 16 tackles through four games.

Williams said he "feels good" after not playing against Missouri. The No. 13 Tigers play their SEC home opener Saturday night against No. 24 Mississippi State.