Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noah Banks Flips to the Gators

Started by FraggleHog, December 19, 2017, 11:38:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HawgTrough on December 19, 2017, 12:58:34 pm
Morris is getting killed out there. Not good
So the guy has been on the job not even two weeks, is recruiting with only about half the (potential) staff on board, with good reason, and the guy is getting "killed" out there ??? ::) Tell you what though: I truly hope you and Wooderson are planning a spring wedding because you two could certainly live in marital bliss. Shouldn't delay your lives together any longer.  ;)

Piggfoot

Mullins has been around money kids before. ie scam Newton.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

HawgTrough

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 19, 2017, 02:20:57 pm
So the guy has been on the job not even two weeks, is recruiting with only about half the (potential) staff on board, with good reason, and the guy is getting "killed" out there ??? ::) Tell you what though: I truly hope you and Wooderson are planning a spring wedding because you two could certainly live in marital bliss. Shouldn't delay your lives together any longer.  ;)

Don't let it eat you up, kid. The new coach is off to a disastrous start, no matter what excuses you make
WPS

thehill1414

This is turning ugly really quick. I realize he's only had 10 days or whatever. I understand the challenges of the timing, coaches not in place, etc. But at the end of the day we are once again behind the eight ball before a snap is taken under a new coach's regime. We simply cannot afford to sign anymore classes after this season outside the top 25, and really the top 15, to be competitive annually in the SEC. Hopefully our new staff will pause after tomorrow's signing day results, plan and execute a new strategy for the spring signing day, and realize how important the next two months are - this class might just be the key to a new contract 3-4 years from now.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HawgTrough on December 19, 2017, 03:44:44 pm
Don't let it eat you up, kid. The new coach is off to a disastrous start, no matter what excuses you make
Sometimes excuses are exactly NOT that. Sometimes it's reality. So there you go, kid.

BigSexyHog

So now we are already to cancel the season because of a Juco OT didn't pick us?   God we have some chicken littles
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Wildhog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on December 19, 2017, 04:40:08 pm
So now we are already to cancel the season because of a Juco OT didn't pick us?   God we have some chicken littles

Yes, that's what people are saying.  Cancel the season.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

31to6

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 19, 2017, 11:51:58 am
Looks like we would probably have lost this one regardless.
It's the same as Flanagan and Bohanon.

It is 100% unreasonable to expect a new staff to retain commits or flip players that they met for the first time less than two weeks ago.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on December 19, 2017, 04:42:06 pm
Yes, that's what people are saying.  Cancel the season.

I've already made my donation for tax purposes, I wonder if they'll let me switch it to gymnastics?

HawgTrough

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 19, 2017, 04:38:16 pm
Sometimes excuses are exactly NOT that. Sometimes it's reality. So there you go, kid.

He can obviously turn it around, son. But the reality is exactly what I said.
WPS

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2017, 11:50:07 am
Yes, we will be lucky to have a class by February, hopefully all those guys don't transfer and leave us short of having enough for spring ball.....

You should have used the [sarcasm]font[/sarcasm... Wooderson thinks he's winning. ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RideTillIDieHawg

All the excuses for bad recruiting remind me of everyone justifying Bert's 3-9 record his first year here.

You either have it or you don't, so far Morris looks like he doesn't as far as recruiting.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 20, 2017, 08:51:06 am
All the excuses for bad recruiting remind me of everyone justifying Bert's 3-9 record his first year here.

You either have it or you don't, so far Morris looks like he doesn't as far as recruiting.

Look, I am no Chad Morris advocate, but you are simply ridiculous. If you can't look at the situation this staff finds itself thrust into and allocate just a smidge of deferred judgment then you will NEVER be happy. This class was toast after the Coastal Carolina game. Not to mention the fact that the administration prohibited the former assistants from recruiting at all until a new coach was in place.  The only hope this class had of being stellar was bringing in a big name coach from a big-time school in-which kids were more interested in the coach than the program.  A lesser coach would have simply "filled the spots" with bodies, aka HDN.  But this staff appears to have a plan, and I for one will give them at least a little time to put that plan in place. Geesh some people.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

ricepig

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 20, 2017, 08:51:06 am

Yeah, 13 days is enough to make to base those kind of decisions on.

hogsanity

What I find really funny is that Morris was supposed to turn things around in 13 days. He is supposed to have the Hogs winning 10 games by year 3 or he's a bust, yet many of the people saying that were the very ones saying we should give a certain basketball coach 4 or 5 years just to get things going, and then 2 or 3 more to improve. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hog of steele

Quote from: Wooderson on December 19, 2017, 11:44:28 am
Does three make a trend?

A trend? I suppose. Like the trend that happens when you switch coaches a week before signing day.

Sometimes fixing things means taking them apart.

RideTillIDieHawg

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2017, 09:09:26 am
Yeah, 13 days is enough to make to base those kind of decisions on.

Ole Miss coach certainly isn't having any problems recruiting.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogsanity on December 20, 2017, 09:43:03 am
What I find really funny is that Morris was supposed to turn things around in 13 days. He is supposed to have the Hogs winning 10 games by year 3 or he's a bust, yet many of the people saying that were the very ones saying we should give a certain basketball coach 4 or 5 years just to get things going, and then 2 or 3 more to improve.

A certain basketball coach took over a dumpster fire and has the program in the best shape it's been in decades. You mad?
Hogs up! Covid down!

hogsanity

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 20, 2017, 11:27:56 am
A certain basketball coach took over a dumpster fire and has the program in the best shape it's been in decades. You mad?

No, but it took into the 7th season. Anyone think CM gets 7 seasons if he does not have at least one 9+ win season in the 1st 4?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 20, 2017, 10:33:47 am

Annnnnd how long has he been with Ole Miss and establishing the relationships that he has with the players? You lack a bit of common sense or knowledge of how real world football recruiting works.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

ricepig

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 20, 2017, 10:33:47 am

Has he only been there 13 days?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2017, 04:49:36 pm
Has he only been there 13 days?

I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting on Gus and then our recruiting ended up getting the short shrift.

Hard to see how to criticize CCM about recruiting right now. With the situation he has been put in, maybe there is an understanding that the first year doesn't really count. The guy has to get his players and then be judged on that and no way did he have a fair shot at that in his first year.
Hogs up! Covid down!