Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 29 Thread: ARKANSAS (14-14, 3-6 SEC) vs. AUBURN (18-11, 3-6 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 03, 2015, 01:11:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PoconoHog

Next batter Haecker...lines out to Spoon on a running catch to end the inning...
Heading to top of 7th
HOGS lead 6 - 5
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

PorkRyan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E   LOB
HOGS      0   0   2   0   0   4                     6   9   1     2
Auburn    0   0   5   0   0   0                     5   8   1     6

ucahogfan

Good answer by Killian that inning after having a terrible inning the last time we scored.

PoconoHog

Shaddy pinch hitting for Gosser....then Eagan and Serrano for the Hogs in top of 7th
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

bulldog04

PoconoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 03, 2015, 08:17:28 pm
Good answer by Killian that inning after having a terrible inning the last time we scored.
Don't remember the last time we scored 6 runs for him.

PoconoHog

hogman64

PoconoHog

Serrano grounds out to SS to end the inning...
Heading to bottom of 7th
HOGS lead 6 - 5

PoconoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

HOGS      0   0   2   0   0   4   0                6   9   1     2
Auburn    0   0   5   0   0   0                     5   8   1     6

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Leadoff batter Logan....works the count full...then draws BB
Man on 1st   0 outs

PoconoHog

Next batter Robert...BB on 4 pitches
Men on 1st and 2nd    0 outs

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Next batter Gray...gets ahead in the count 3 - 0...count gets full....then K's looking
Men on 1st and 2nd     1 out

PoconoHog

Next batter Deese....fouls off multiple pitches...then works the count full...and draws BB
Bases loaded    1 out

PoconoHog

Next batter Nulph...falls behind 0 - 2...then base hit to RF...run scores
Game tied 6 - 6
Bases loaded    1 out

TikiHog

flippinhogmana

Quote from: TikiHog on April 03, 2015, 08:45:01 pm
This staff has just killed itself with walks this year

There are so many things that are killing us and its not just the "staff".  I find myself second guessing DVH a lot this year.  I would have pitched Killian one more inning and then tried Stone for a two inning save instead of bringing in Jackson there, even though I have a lot of confidence in Jackson, just more in Killian and Stone.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

PoconoHog

Next batter Schaffer...gets ahead in count 3 - 0...count gets full...fouls off multiple pitches...K's swinging
Bases loaded    2 outs

flippinhogmana

But concerning the staff, I dont get them either.  Jackson was ahead of both hitters, the 6th and 7th place hitters.  You have to attack them not nibble.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

PoconoHog

Next batter Murphy...works the count full...then BB to force in a run
Tigers lead 7 - 6
Bases loaded    2 outs

flippinhogmana

How many 3-2 counts and walks is that this inning?  Five three-two counts.

PoconoHog

Next batter Grier...K's looking to end the inning
Heading to top of 8th
Tigers lead 7 - 6

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PoconoHog

Benintendi, Spanberger and Spoon due up for Hogs in top of 8th

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hawgphish

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

HOGS      0   0   2   0   0   4   0                6   9   1     2
Auburn    0   0   5   0   0   0   2                7   9   1     9

JHicks3636

You know DVH has to be dying this year with this staff and the usual emphasis he places on pitching. These years just happen and we lost a ton of pitching from last year. Add to that Killian not being 100% and we should not be surprised.

TikiHog

WOW  51 pitches 3 k's 4 walks....Jackson now has 25 walks in 28 innings

PoconoHog

Benintendi gets ahead  3-0...then draws BB
Man on 1st    0 outs    Spanberger to the plate

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Hawgphish on April 03, 2015, 08:54:08 pm
Pitching.
Can't seem to get both in the same game. Pitching is good, no hitting. Oh well, we still have two innings and two more games.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

PoconoHog

flippinhogmana

come on baseball gods, smite Burn like you smited us for a lead off walk after taking the lead.

PoconoHog

Spanberger flys out to shallow CF... runner has to stay put
1 out   Man on 2nd    Spoon to the plate

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Spoon ground ball to SS...infield hit
run scores
Game tied 7 - 7
Man on 1st    1 out    McAfee to the plate

TikiHog

Team WHIP is 1.51 that explains being 500...1.71 in SEC play

PoconoHog

McAfee K's swinging...
2 outs   Man on 1st     Wernes to the plate

flippinhogmana

PoconoHog

Wernes grounds out to 3rd to end the inning...
Heading to bottom of 8th
Game tied 7 - 7

flippinhogmana

PoconoHog