Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McCann shaping up as grade-A catch for Tigers

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 30, 2015, 06:33:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2015/03/30/mccann-shaping-up-as-grade-a-catch-for-tigers/70692620/

McCann is a native Californian, raised in Santa Barbara. He picked Arkansas over prime-time schools (Rice, notably) that were as intrigued by McCann's academics as by his baseball skills.

Now he'll work as Avila's co-pilot at catcher. A year from now? Not only is McCann expected to be on Detroit's Opening Day roster. Chances are good he'll be the Opening Day catcher.

flippinhogmana

Just to prove where his heart was at, he came by and worked with the current hogs before going to spring training, probably the most important spring training of his career.  You have to appreciate that.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Iwastherein1969

this guy proved his mettle on a Friday night against LSU in the bottom of the 9th, 2 out, 2 on, count was 2-2 and the Hogs down 3-1.....McCann nuked one into the Pig Pen and the rest, as they say, is history
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 30, 2015, 10:34:03 pm
this guy proved his mettle on a Friday night against LSU in the bottom of the 9th, 2 out, 2 on, count was 2-2 and the Hogs down 3-1.....McCann nuked one into the Pig Pen and the rest, as they say, is history

and yes, I appreciated that, too!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

dbhog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 30, 2015, 10:34:03 pm

That was right after he had launched the previous pitch foul.  What a night that was.

jbell96