Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I must say... I dont like our chances today....

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, May 05, 2007, 01:40:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

really really hope Im wrong but it sounded like we were completely dead at the plate today against an average team.

And now we're facing LSU's ace pitcher.

Guys like Hamblin, Walker, and Dugger have got to be big time leaders today.

I think alot of this crap against LSU is just plum bad luck. Heard we had a couple long balls that we got robbed of.

Gotta get over the LSU hex today. LSU is pretty average this year. Gotta beat em today.

Ouachihog

This is from SECsports.com....

LSU and Arkansas meet in Game 2 of the series at 3:07 p.m. Saturday. Junior left-hander Charlie Furbush (3-6, 5.14 ERA) will start on the mound for the Tigers while Arkansas will counter with junior right-hander Jess Todd (6-2, 3.53 ERA).

Is Furbush really their ace?  I'll take my chances with a 3-6 pitcher and a 5.14 ERA.  Hogs win. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Purple Tiger

Hollywood_HOGan45

ballhog™

I don't have a good feeling.

We need to jump on them early.  Don't let the SEC championship slip away.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

PigWig

Quote from: ballhog on May 05, 2007, 02:33:21 pm
I don't have a good feeling.

We need to jump on them early.  Don't let the SEC championship slip away.
If we lose this series we may not even win the SEC West. Ole Miss is playing good ball and I don't want the last series of the year to make or break us.

ballhog™

I still like our chances in the west.  3 game lead with 8 left.  If we go 4-4 Olemiss must go 8-0 for us to not at least get a share.

But I really thought we were going to win the overall until last night.  It's going to be tough now.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

PigWig

Quote from: ballhog on May 05, 2007, 02:53:38 pm
I still like our chances in the west.  3 game lead with 8 left.  If we go 4-4 Olemiss must go 8-0 for us to not at least get a share.

But I really thought we were going to win the overall until last night.  It's going to be tough now.
I know what you mean. We just have such trouble with our bullpen.  I thought Hill was going to step up and secure the closer spot last night then he had the wild pitch and terrible throw to first.  We need one guy to relieve that can come in and get it done without mistakes.

Break & Run

LSU has Arkansas' number in almost all sports. Let's just face the facts.  Also, the umpires were completely pro-LSU this weekend.  Major calls, like the 6th run for LSU on friday night, Brian Walker DID in fact tag him out bc the runner missed the plate the first time he tried tagging it.  The Umps just completely blew the series for the Hogs!!!
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 06, 2007, 09:33:35 pm
LSU has Arkansas' number in almost all sports. Let's just face the facts.  Also, the umpires were completely pro-LSU this weekend.  Major calls, like the 6th run for LSU on friday night, Brian Walker DID in fact tag him out bc the runner missed the plate the first time he tried tagging it.  The Umps just completely blew the series for the Hogs!!!

the umps were awful but we blew it with our terrible hitting.

we were horrid at the plate this weekend.