Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

?'s about hog-pen

Started by cubman, April 30, 2007, 08:53:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cubman

We are going to the game sat. for my 9yr. old daughter and this will be my first time in the outfield, after many games inside. Is it somewhat family friendly or do people get to wild for kids out there? I don't mind normal drunk people but you know what i mean. Also what time do they open the gates so I can try to get a grill and maybe a table. Already got the tickets, all 13 of them!!WPS

BigDave70

13 tickets sweet Im hoping this will be the biggest home weekend series in SEC history
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

Mr. Hogback075

The times I've set out there, no one got rowdy. 

Mostly just a bunch of fun luvin folks kicked back in lawn chairs catching sun and having cold ones.

I wouldn't mind taking my kids out there.

cubman

Thanks guys. It will be my daughters first baseball game. She is excited.

BigDave70

Great, I hope she has the best time. Are you guys comming to the tailgating party
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

cubman

I'll try to stop by for a while.Never been to a HV tailgate. Would like to put some faces to the names.

BigDave70

Look for me Ill be the Big guy in my Lucky Camo shorts

coach, my back hurts

I wouldnt expect more than the usuall semi-drunk ballgame chatter.  If you dont want your kids around cursing, it probably wouldnt be the place to take her.  Overall though it really isnt bad.  It is mostly younger ppl.  College kids.  About 99% of them, for the most part, are well behaved.  If you happen to set next to someone rude then move, but dont let it give you a bad opinion of the whole crowd. 

I promise it wont be any worse than taking her to a football or basketball game.  Besides, i'm sure she has seen or heard worse on tv.  Ya'll will have a blast and she is lucky that her first baseball experience gets to be at Baum Stadium.  Probably one of the best baseball atmospheres, college or pro.  I wish i could go.