Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opening with USC.

Started by LA HAWG, July 17, 2006, 08:11:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LA HAWG

Do you like opening with such a huge game or would you rather play a couple of cupcakes before USC comes to town.  Just curious.

Richard_white

Quote from: LA HAWG on July 17, 2006, 08:11:08 am
Do you like opening with such a huge game or would you rather play a couple of cupcakes before USC comes to town.  Just curious.

Get em early.  Why give USC time to jell and get roling.

Landonhog

If we're gonna play USC (this year) it needs to be as early as possible.   They will be rolling strong after a game or three....   It's our best chance.

rzrbaxfan

Play em early!  Just look at TCU's upset of Oklahoma last year.  Had they played later when OU had time to settle in on a QB, OU may have won.  I'd rather catch Tennessee earlier in the year too, and maybe play Vandy later when depth catches up with them.

TouchdownRazrbcks

After we beat USC I think the Cornhuskers will beat them.... 2 early losses.. :)

bigpiggo

Play em early.  Hopefully we'll have a greater sense of urgency than them.

HOGLUVIN

I dont have a prob, with the new guys they are going to have at skill positions, especially QB.

So long as it is both teams' 1st game.

HoggusMaximus

Play em early and hope we play better together than they do. It's our only hope.

OklaU

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on July 17, 2006, 10:00:59 am
Play em early!  Just look at TCU's upset of Oklahoma last year.  Had they played later when OU had time to settle in on a QB, OU may have won. 

I hear you there.  OU played better in their Red/White game then they did against the frogs, I just couldn't believe it.  Paul Thompson made out to look just plain silly.  Stoops let him play nearly 3 quarters which was about 1 too many.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

HighOnHogs

Until we can consistantly stay in the top 15 it doesn't really matter.  As long as we aren't going to be contenders for a BCS then who cares if we lose one big OOC game a year.

Last year they weren't our first team to play.  That didn't seem to be in our favor.

geoffhog

Being the underdog, I prefer playing early.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

ballhog™

I wish it was our second game as originally scheduled.  Work out some kinks and as the saying goes the most improvement is made between the 1st and 2nd games.

But I think playing them 1st is the second best option.  Won't have as much of a scouting report.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

werehog

We are playing for respectibility and second or third place in the SEC West. SC's Trojans are playing for the #1 ranking and the BCS championship game. This is a habit with them. They won't look past the Hogs and they may be in a "leave no doubt" mode. They aren't in awe of the SEC. They think the conference is overhyped.

hogsmaster

Wished we played Vandy right after USC.   That way, we get a chance to avenge last year two embarrassments.

Swiles2122

Play early! They are going to be getting used to life without fast man and pretty boy! USC is going to be good later on in the season. We have got them at the right time of the year.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: werehog on July 17, 2006, 11:12:47 pm
We are playing for respectibility and second or third place in the SEC West. SC's Trojans are playing for the #1 ranking and the BCS championship game. This is a habit with them. They won't look past the Hogs and they may be in a "leave no doubt" mode. They aren't in awe of the SEC. They think the conference is overhyped.

This says it all.  We don't expect to be champions anymore.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?