Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Color Analyst for Arkansas MBB

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, April 19, 2016, 12:41:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should replace Scotty Thurman as Basketball Color Guy?

Pat Bradley
53 (28.3%)
Jonathon "Pookie" Modica
6 (3.2%)
Ronnie Brewer
3 (1.6%)
Blake Eddins
101 (54%)
Rich Schaeffer
24 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Dwight_K_Shrute

Just curious who your next choice would be.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogsanity

Just once can we go outside to get someone new involved in some way with this program
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

StoernerJonesFan

Modica is working up the corp ladder at Wal-Mart.

Hopefully it's Eddins.

Mr. Porkleone

Need outside of school. Eddins voice is annoying

hogsanity

Mike got any other former players he'd like to bring in? Brandon Dean doing anything? Maybe Kareem Reid?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Mick Hogger

Of the choices offered, Bradley or Eddins.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Kevin

what about lee mayberry? I was wondering if he would take over Scotty's old position
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Iceman

Eddins is great on tv during the crappy non-conference games. I just don't think he is meant for radio color commentating.

SONofHAM

Eddins brings a touch of levity that we could really use...especially when we have teams that aren't winning a lot.  He would be a good yin to Chuck's yang.  Plus he has the experience of playing for the Hogs and growing up in a SEC family.  He would be a great addition IMO.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on April 19, 2016, 12:42:31 pm
Just once can we go outside to get someone new involved in some way with this program

I respectfully disagree. When hiring a play by play man going outside will work as we saw with Paul Eels. However, the Color commentator needs to be someone who knows the Razorback mens basketball program inside and out.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: GuvHog on April 19, 2016, 01:46:17 pm
I respectfully disagree. When hiring a play by play man going outside will work as we saw with Paul Eels. However, the Color commentator needs to be someone who knows the Razorback mens basketball program inside and out.

For once I agree with Gov and if you look at most schools the play by play guy is a professional broadcaster that may have a prior connection to the school but most of the time does not.

The color guys/analysts usually always have a connection to the school as either a former coach, or player. 

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

opineonswine

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on April 19, 2016, 12:56:51 pm

Each to his own...I think he's awesome.

chiti66

Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on April 19, 2016, 12:50:37 pm
Modica is working up the corp ladder at Wal-Mart.

Hopefully it's Eddins.

Ran into Modica at a Best Buy in Kennesaw GA a couple years ago.  We actually talked shop for a bit and he looked like he had just left the team.  Good young man!

HF#1

I'd go Eddins out of the choices given. Not sure they can afford Blake.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Mick Hogger

Quote from: hogsanity on April 19, 2016, 12:57:03 pm
Mike got any other former players he'd like to bring in? Brandon Dean doing anything? Maybe Kareem Reid?

Does Mike get to pick the radio broadcasters or are you just whining to whine?
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

kaki

I listen to Blake when he is on the Memphis talk shows and think he is very professional sounding, extremely clever and knowledgeable sports wise.  I see a big future for him, if he decides to go in this direction.

WMHawgfan

Quote from: kaki on April 19, 2016, 04:04:19 pm
I listen to Blake when he is on the Memphis talk shows and think he is very professional sounding, extremely clever and knowledgeable sports wise.  I see a big future for him, if he decides to go in this direction.
yeah I hear him on the Fish and Stats program occasionally and he is a very funny guy but when its time to get to business he is very knowledgeable and professional. He would be a very good choice IMHO.

pigture perfect

Blake is a good choice. You can understand him and he can be humorous. I would also be ok with Rick coming back. Nobody knows or loves the Hogs more than him.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Scott7703

Dr. Starcs

Danny J

Bradley did some color back in the early to mid 2000's on the tube and I thought he was great

Big Nasty 34

Does Bradley have too much of a Boston accent? I haven't heard him enough to know what he'd be like doing color.

Mick Hogger

He's on the air every weekday on The Buzz, so it's not like he's not radio friendly.

IronMountainHog

I like Scott Inman who was with KATV.

RealHog

I could see Bradley being entertaining, his show with Justin Acri on the Buzz is def one of my favorite local radio shows. I'm not 100% on how he would be on taking you deeper in the game, but he can make you laugh for sure, which I could see being useful in some games haha (last years Auburn game anyone?).

Hope they use this opportunity to land a good one. Off the top of my head, Sean Farnham and John Pelphrey were pretty good for SEC network.

k.c.hawg

Is it too late to give it to Marcus Monk and bring his brother in the foal?? OK for all those that didn't die of heart attack or stroke it was  just a crude joke! I'd take Eddins or Pat Bradley.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

phadedhawg

BadHog

That would be Blake.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

RealHog

I have never heard Blake Eddins, I'll have to try and find him. Does he have a show?

hoglady

Blake or Bradley - either would do a great job.
Please God not Rick.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Jonteviosk

I know this may seem callous but with all that happens with this program for this particular topic who really cares?
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

RazorPiggie

Corey Beck is a painter now. And apparently looks like he's ate a few Corey Becks in the past.

lefty08

Quote from: k.c.hawg on April 19, 2016, 10:24:53 pm
Is it too late to give it to Marcus Monk and bring his brother in the foal?? OK for all those that didn't die of heart attack or stroke it was  just a crude joke! I'd take Eddins or Pat Bradley.

That poor horse.....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hogsanity on April 19, 2016, 12:57:03 pm
Can we not even have a thread about freakin announcers without you bashing our head coach?

That aside, I love me some Blake Eddins.

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

BigSexyHog

Houston Nutt makes a return.... Mark it down... You heard it hear first
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

BigSexyHog

Whoever it is let's hope he has 10-12 years experience... Maybe Ray Biggers?????
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

East Clintwood

Quote from: hogsanity on April 19, 2016, 12:42:31 pm

Didn't we do that with Keef?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

bigdaddyhawg

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: hoglady on April 20, 2016, 12:17:17 am
Blake or Bradley - either would do a great job.
Please God not Rick.

Why not Rick? 

Because if what you want from your Color Man on the broadcast is to recite stats anyone can read in an internet game cast, with absolutely no insight whatsoever into what's going on in the game, then one couldn't ask for a better butt kisser, er, I mean, color man.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

FineAsSwine

I'd bring Nolan in. He's available. Don't know if he'd want it but I would like to have that experience for at least one game.  ;D
Hogs up! Covid down!

razoredge178

Mike Anderson would be a good fit.

RealHog

Was Blake our CC in the past? This video on Youtube makes it sound like he was. Don't know why I don't remember him.

spahoopsfan

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on April 19, 2016, 12:56:51 pm

Can't be worst than Thurman, he was terrible.

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Eddins.

Or a write in of Mike Anderson.

Sivad

GuvHog

Quote from: RealHog on April 21, 2016, 02:39:02 pm
Was Blake our CC in the past? This video on Youtube makes it sound like he was. Don't know why I don't remember him.

I believe he did some TV commentary of Hog basketball on the old Razorback Sports Network but I don't know if he's done any radio commentary for Hog basketball.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

FineAsSwine

Blake Eddins would be a fine choice as would many other former Hogs. I think Blake would do a fine job and of all the one's mentioned here, he is my favorite.
Hogs up! Covid down!

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"