Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buck Showalter is the

Started by bsking, October 11, 2012, 11:15:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bsking

Best manager in baseball.  Dude is a puppet master.

ucahogfan

I agree.  The Os have just had one of those seasons where everything Buck does works.  Would be amazing if they won it all and would go down as the most improbable team to EVER win the World Series.

clutch

I don't know. I still like Joe Maddon. Bucks been a miracle worker this season though.

bsking

Quote from: clutch on October 11, 2012, 11:51:32 pm
I don't know. I still like Joe Maddon. Bucks been a miracle worker this season though.

Joe is up there for me too.  But looking at the overall product combined with the absolutely incredible game manahing he's done I have to go with Buck.

Last night, bottom 8 2-2 Yankees had runners on 2nd and 3rd 1 out with A-Rod up.  I know A-Rod is slumping but so is Swisher and he was on deck.  The book says you put Arod on every single time.  Buck made the call and it worked out.  That was such a gutsy call.

clutch

Quote from: bsking on October 12, 2012, 10:00:23 am
Joe is up there for me too.  But looking at the overall product combined with the absolutely incredible game manahing he's done I have to go with Buck.

Last night, bottom 8 2-2 Yankees had runners on 2nd and 3rd 1 out with A-Rod up.  I know A-Rod is slumping but so is Swisher and he was on deck.  The book says you put Arod on every single time.  Buck made the call and it worked out.  That was such a gutsy call.

Yeah it was. That's why I love the postseason. They throw the book out the window and go with their guts.

It was just as good a call the night before for Girardi to PH for ARod. It's freakin ARod. Even if he is slumping you know he is capable of hitting a bomb at any minute, but nope Girardi has a feeling to let Ibanez take a cut at it. Works like magic. How many managers do you think would actually PH for ARod in that situation? Even if he is slumping?

bsking

Quote from: clutch on October 12, 2012, 01:24:37 pm
Yeah it was. That's why I love the postseason. They throw the book out the window and go with their guts.

It was just as good a call the night before for Girardi to PH for ARod. It's freakin ARod. Even if he is slumping you know he is capable of hitting a bomb at any minute, but nope Girardi has a feeling to let Ibanez take a cut at it. Works like magic. How many managers do you think would actually PH for ARod in that situation? Even if he is slumping?

Yeah that was a great call too.

Boarme

I am watching his press conference after tonight's loss and he is a class act. He is not blaming anyone for the loss and just answering the questions.