Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hog-man

Quote from: KC_Hawg on June 17, 2009, 05:10:03 pm
Well I just made up to Omaha with my 8 year old son.  We are waiting for my contact to arriv e with ourtickets for seats in right field when an LSU fan walks up and asks me if I have tickets.  He pulls out two seats 4 rows up directly behind home plate - and asks for face value.  Said he was looking for a father and son to sell these tickets to.

So, for a grand total of $50, I am now sitting behind home plate at the CWS with my son!  How about that? Go Hogs!
nice, you are one lucky HOG.  hope you and your son enjoy it.   :razorback: GO HOGS  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

Clint Alan

Tornado Watch out for Omaha this evening

Hope we can get the game in
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

hog-man

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 17, 2009, 05:15:24 pm
Tornado Watch out for Omaha this evening

Hope we can get the game in
seriosly? were did you get that info?
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

010HogFan

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Well I just made up to Omaha with my 8 year old son.  We are waiting for my contact to arriv e with ourtickets for seats in right field when an LSU fan walks up and asks me if I have tickets.  He pulls out two seats 4 rows up directly behind home plate - and asks for face value.  Said he was looking for a father and son to sell these tickets to.

So, for a grand total of $50, I am now sitting behind home plate at the CWS with my son!  How about that? Go Hogs!
Wow, what a great guy. Congrats to you adn your son, its going to be a great experience fo rboth of you.
ched come back pls

razorbackfan86

tiber

The game comes on @ 4pm here in CA and I'm still at work, and I forgot to set my dvr... so what did I do?

I jumped on directv.com and set it to record the game from work.  The signal to record goes through the satellite to my dvr and it will start recording for me... I can do this from my blackberry as well.  Iphone geeks have a cool app for this also.

How cool is technology...

hog-man

GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

Clint Alan

Test, test, mic 1-2, mic 1-2

Good evening fellow Hog fans. I will be back shortly with pre-game, and quotes from Dave Van Horn.

hog-man

Quote from: tiber on June 17, 2009, 05:26:10 pm
The game comes on @ 4pm here in CA and I'm still at work, and I forgot to set my dvr... so what did I do?

I jumped on directv.com and set it to record the game from work.  The signal to record goes through the satellite to my dvr and it will start recording for me... I can do this from my blackberry as well.  Iphone geeks have a cool app for this also.

How cool is technology...
smooth man, very smooth.   :razorback: GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

Clint Alan

Arkansas will be the visitors, while UVA will be the home team in tonights matchup.

Weather is called for in Omaha tonight, hopefully it will hold off for the game.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 17, 2009, 05:28:14 pm
Weather is called for in Omaha tonight, hopefully it will hold off for the game.

Hope it stays away

010HogFan

Guess all LSU fans aren't maniacal, reporter terrorizing fiends after all, huh? :)

hog-man

30min, 24 sec. till GAME-TIME   :razorback: lets go HOGS  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

hog-man

June 17, 2009, 05:32:50 pm #8765 Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:34:22 pm by hog-man
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

Clint Alan

nwa_razorback_coffee

Clint Alan

STARTING PITCHERS

ARKANSAS: Drew Smyly (FR) 3-1, 4.72 ERA

VIRGINIA: Danny Holtsen 9-1, 2.33 ERA RHP

razorbackfan86

It's time for Smyly to come up with another clutch performance

As you all know he was AWESOME last time out vs Oklahoma taking a no hitter into the 9th

hog-man

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 17, 2009, 05:37:50 pm
STARTING PITCHERS

ARKANSAS: Drew Smyly (FR) 3-1, 4.72 ERA

VIRGINIA: Danny Holtsen 9-1, 2.33 ERA RHP
Smyly has what it takes, and i an honored to support him from the fan side.                           :razorback: GO HOGS  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

PoconoHog

Think there will be any "shake-up" in the starting lineup?
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

hog-man

GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

hog-man

Quote from: PoconoHog on June 17, 2009, 05:42:36 pm
Think there will be any "shake-up" in the starting lineup?
i dont think so, but we'll just have to wait and see what DVH has under his sleeve.  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

Clint Alan

Van Horn- "Virginia is a very solid team. Throw alot of strikes, dont make errors. They remind me of Fullerton."

"If you cant throw the ball over the plate, they are going to wear you out"

"We are just trying to ge over the loss. Got em up early yesterday, did some hitting, trying to get their mind right. There is so much down time, you just want to get on the field and play"

"I feel like we are just a basehit away from getting this back on track. We need to get in their pen early"

"UVAs pitchers reputation is to throw alot of strikes. If he is throwing first pitch strikes, we are going to try and jump all over that"

Clint Alan

I think we may see McKinney in the lineup tonight, I may be wrong though.

PoconoHog

If there are changes....I think you have the leave Cox hitting behind Wilkins...the threat of Cox will help Wilkins get pitches to hit....IMO
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

hog-man

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 17, 2009, 05:45:24 pm
I think we may see McKinney in the lineup tonight, I may be wrong though.
??? ??? ??? i dont know  ??? ??? ???
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

PoconoHog

If Eibner is in the field.....not sure you will see McKinney....maybe in place of Kuhn....just spectulating...killing time until first pitch

hog-man

Quote from: PoconoHog on June 17, 2009, 05:46:15 pm
If there are changes....I think you have the leave Cox hitting behind Wilkins...the threat of Cox will help Wilkins get pitches to hit....IMO
I could see that, to help wilkins, Cox is gonna have a solid game no matter were he hits.  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

hog-man

GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

Clint Alan

Van Horn- "Its a great atmosphere, especially when you are winning."

"I think the local fans are looking for something. There are alot of local fans who have become Hog fans. Maybe we can turn this stadium into Baum Stadium North"

"You never know what can happen. Az State had their #1 pitcher on the mound, and blew a 6 run lead."

"The team that scores first, can put pressure on you. You can make the other team go to the pen early"

"Keuchel is available tonight, but we dont want to use him tonight. We gotta do what we gotta do.

"Drew competed well in Norman. He knew how important the game was. He was throwing fast balls in, sliders away, and started using his change up."

HogFansReunited

I really think Smyly should have started the last game against LSU.  We will win today and have our ace ready for LSU on Friday.  After that I am not sure who we should pitch against LSU in our final game.  Yes I believe we should beat Virgina and LSU on Friday.  I hope we can we it all but things look difficult.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

PoconoHog

hog-man

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 17, 2009, 05:49:43 pm
I really think Smyly should have started the last game against LSU.  We will win today and have our ace ready for LSU on Friday.  After that I am not sure who we should pitch against LSU in our final game.  Yes I believe we should beat Virgina and LSU on Friday.  I hope we can we it all but things look difficult.
If Smyly started then who would you have start today?
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

razorbackfan86

Clint Alan

HOGS Starting Lineup

Leavitt-LF
Tschep-SS
Lyons-DH
Wilkins-1B
Bigham-2B
Cox-3B
Eibner-CF
McCann-C
McKinney-RF

PoconoHog

Hogs are visiting team.......hope we can get it started right in the TOP of the 1st

Clint Alan

TEAM           1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    R   H   E
Arkansas                                                 0   0   0
Virginia                                                    0   0   0

hog-man

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 17, 2009, 05:52:42 pm
HOGS Starting Lineup

Leavitt-LF
Tschep-SS
Lyons-DH
Wilkins-1B
Bigham-2B
Cox-3B
Eibner-CF
McCann-C
McKinney-RF
Thanks RubMyHog       :razorback: LETS GO HOGS  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

HogFansReunited

Quote from: hog-man on June 17, 2009, 05:51:46 pm
If Smyly started then who would you have start today?

I think the outcome of the game would have been different. ;)  We wouldn't have to worry about today.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hog-man

GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

razorbackfan86

Quote from: PoconoHog on June 17, 2009, 05:53:44 pm
Hogs are visiting team.......hope we can get it started right in the TOP of the 1st

You and me both. It would be nice to put up a run or two in the 1st

Oliver

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 17, 2009, 05:55:06 pm
I think the outcome of the game would have been different. ;)  We wouldn't have to worry about today.

Smyly better have thrown a shutout on Monday because our batters couldn't hit stuff.

PoconoHog

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
     PIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
          SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIEEE!!!!!!!

Let's fight, scramble, bite, gouge...whatever it takes to live another day!!!!

GO HOGS GO!!

Clint Alan

Just like all the other games guys, Virginia will be known as "Bad Guys"

Lets keep the bickering, sofa coaching, bad mouthing out of the game thread. There is plenty of room in the main forum for that.

thanks & GO HOGS

Oliver

hog-man

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 17, 2009, 05:56:41 pm
Me 3. lets get it started early, and get the momentom started early and let them TRY to play catch-up.  :razorback: GO HOGS  :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!

PoconoHog

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 17, 2009, 05:56:41 pm
Think it would make a world of difference in allowing Smyly to take the mound and be as "comfortable" as possible...considering what is at stake

hog-man

Quote from: PoconoHog on June 17, 2009, 05:57:11 pm
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
     PIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
          SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIEEE!!!!!!!

Let's fight, scramble, bite, gouge...whatever it takes to live another day!!!!

GO HOGS GO!!
AMEN
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :razorback:
GOTTA HAVE MY HOGS!!!!!