Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WORLD SERIES!!!!!

Started by aredwolfrazorback, October 17, 2011, 12:05:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aredwolfrazorback

this aint football. but i don't care. Cards fans. let here your call!!!!!
With all the beers and all the cheers, I'm a hog fan for the rest of my years.

UA 2010
ASU 2008

strawhog

johnny cash

RazorBassin

baitshop

It's been a nice little roll for the Cardinal's....but it ends in the next 10 days....

RANGERS ROLL!!!!
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

Triple T

Rangers are on a mission this year.. No way they lose to the Cardinals.

GO RANGERS!!

jgphillips3

What is this "baseball" you people speak of?  Do they still play it?

JK

I sure hope this isn't a sweep by one team or the other.  Nothing better than a game 7 with everything on the line.

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

popcornhog

Quote from: Triple T on October 17, 2011, 12:20:14 am

GO RANGERS!!

On paper you're right, but baseball is a curious sport and getting hot at the right time is really important. The Cards have basically been in the playoffs for two months. Plus the Cardinal bullpen is looking incredible.

That being said, the Cards starters are going to need to step up -- more than just Carpenter. But the Cards do have the best bats in baseball, especially if DF continues to play like he has lately.

Remember, the Phillies were the best team in baseball. This has been a historic run and I expect a great 7 game world series. Fortunately for us, the Cards have homefield advantage. The Rangers pitchers are gonna have to step up and swing the bats.
WPS

PigDaddyKane

Rangers all the way.  When the Travs and Cards split, I no longer cared about the Cards.

Plus I'd like to see Nolan win one as GM.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

popcornhog

Quote from: Triple T on October 17, 2011, 12:20:14 am

GO RANGERS!!

If I was going to describe a team as "on a mission," I think I'd pick the team that was 10 1/2 games back a month before the playoffs and without their ace all year. But that's just me.
WPS

HawgnCorona

Oh may!!! Happy Flight!!! Go Cards 18th National League Pennant!!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

870hogfan

OptimusHog

Torqued pork

Any team other than the Yankees is fine.

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Catfish Joe

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Baseball season's over, dude.  I'm already looking forward to next season.  GO BRAVES!!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Deuce Pigelow

PowderedToastMan

I have always rooted for the Cards, and always will.  Looking forward to a great series.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

HogSophist

Why is this in mmqb on a razorback board?
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

HogSophist

Quote from: pantherhogguy on October 17, 2011, 06:28:10 am
Cause it is. They could combine it into the Redbird report but that would not be that much fun. It is not Hogs 24/7. :razorback:

agreed, i go chat politics in the politics forum. This needs to go out of the mmqb forum. There are different topics for a reason.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: baitshop on October 17, 2011, 12:16:19 am
It's been a nice little roll for the Cardinal's....but it ends in the next 10 days....

RANGERS ROLL!!!!

Let's go Rangers...!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hmrhog

Catfish Joe

Quote from: HogSophist on October 17, 2011, 06:34:54 am
agreed, i go chat politics in the politics forum. This needs to go out of the mmqb forum. There are different topics for a reason.

This ^^
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-

UhOhioHog

John (mrchambo) Chamberlain

Fly, Redbirds, Fly!

Go, Cardinals! Beat the Rangers!

Oh, yeah...and WPS!

Stang1970

Quote from: baitshop on October 17, 2011, 12:16:19 am

RANGERS ROLL!!!!

GO RANGERS!!!!  Never been a Larussa fan at all.

UhOhioHog

Reservations in for next weekend in Arlington.  Walking to the ballpark from the hotel. I'm headed up Friday to start the party.

Too bad we are playing the Cards or I'd talk some crap, but, the Cards are one of two NL teams I like.

DeltaBoy

Well I got a House divided now.  I grew up a Cards fan and the Wife a Rangers fan.  Fireworks for the next 10 days or so.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogSophist

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality